I Do Not Like The Glaxion Gameplay-Wise

Psycomet

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the gun and its looks. The firing animation is beyond compare.

However, was it really necessary to make another Synapse/Amprex/Quanta with the only difference of cold damage and ammunition mechanisms so absurd that it's completely unnecessary for the game? I mean what is exactly fun about this gun? It would've been fun if (according to me and me only):

-Cold proc was additive, i.e. the more times you proc cold on 1 enemy, he takes even more damage from any further cold damage. This is a problem with cold elemental in general. I mean, let's be honest, who's gonna use the innate cold damage that this gun provides? Can I do that even if I wanted to given its uselessness compared to other single or combined elementals?

-It would've been simpler to make its ammo efficiency like the Quanta and just be done with it. The gun is practically unusable unless you have at least two of the three prerequisites: Ammo mutation, Rifle Scavenger, Ammo restore. Fine, rile on me because I can't play warframe, or I'm noob. But to do something this different with a gun must have some justification? I find none.

-No secondary fire: I don't think anyone will disagree that secondary fire makes the game only a whole lot interesting. This was the perfect gun to implement something like that... may be cryo grenades?

Some of you will say that after 2-4 formas the gun kills a lot of things. Well don't a million other guns do that already? I'll tell you something from my 600 hours of WF: You don't even need to rank a gun up to level 30 once to know whether it'll be good or not.

I honestly think the Glaxion would be improved if they changed it form a beam fire to a small charge up time that shoots out an ice blast with a 100% cahnce to freeze an enemy, but not kill them. Meleeing them would do a large amount of damage, if not killing them outright. That would make it much more suitable for crowd control and solve its ammo issues.

I honestly think the Glaxion would be improved if they changed it form a beam fire to a small charge up time that shoots out an ice blast with a 100% cahnce to freeze an enemy, but not kill them. Meleeing them would do a large amount of damage, if not killing them outright. That would make it much more suitable for crowd control and solve its ammo issues.

I was wondering what if you kill the enemy while frozen with melee or your secondary that the enemy shatters but releases a cryo blast with 100% cold proc to any enemy caught in the blast radius. The radius could also be increase with firestorm.

I don't see the Glaxion as another Synaspe or Flux Rifle, it's more of an LMG than a continuous beam fire weapon, which is what is should've been. It still feels like it does just as much damage as one of the Phages 7 beams.

If a weapon was a pain to level up once, then why would I waste multiple forma just to make an above average weapon when better weapons that were easy to level up are actually worth multiple formas?

I took it to e prime with a party of only two people, another guy and myself. Without even crowds, as there were only 33 grineer and maybe two dozen kubrows, it actually ran out of ammo before all the grineer were dead. O.o da fuk?

And if you're going to come back with the argument that's i'm using incorrectly and it's not meant for dps but for crowd control instead, I say this to you: really??? How in the world will have sufficient ammo in a 30+min survival/ 20+wave defense if it runs out of ammon on E PRIME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! sorry, got a little agitated. 

Seriously, in all honesty I think was having a much easier time with my lato. Not to mention my mk1, that thing is basically OP in e prime.

I haven't touched mine and is still sitting in my foundry, because i'm having way too much fun with the nukor and started giving grineer females some oversize chests LOL!

From what i can gather so far is that it sucks hard huh? I was under the impression that it will freeze the enemy over a period of time but not kill them and then you whack them with your melee stick and then they'd insta-die this way it scales well with high levels since you just need to keep shooting them until they freeze and then whack them to pieces.

I didn't know they freeze when they're dead, i guess i wont be collecting it in my foundry anytime soon then.

This post saved me a weapon slot for my Kronen. Tnx.