Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killing Stalker?

DeathR34PER

Question

So, in every way I would run into Stalker, and he kills me like over 10 times already. The only time I ever killed Stalker is when I was with a group, but I don't ever consider that myself vengeance nor that I ever counted as an actual kill for me because, well, my entire group just nuked the crap out of him with our ultimate abilities right after he barely starts spawning, and just left there lying in the ground "dead."

Now, for this thread, I'm wanting to hear your guys' strategy on killing Stalker alone and not in a group. I tried my best with everything and he still kills me. He shuts off my Hysteria with Valkyr completely while it was active and I had a maxed Dread with full critical mods and damages along with high rate of fire and base damage as backup, but yet it was a failure with him left with half of his health level 30.

Only thing that bothers me the most is him using Despair, that's the only thing he keeps killing me with and I can't avoid it whatsoever.

25 answers to this question

you need a fast weapon (pref end-game) with high damage and possibly procs. Depending on your close quarter fighting skills (sniper type not very recommended), you should choose something that you can hit a lot with in a short time and harsh conditions, rather than a weapon that requires more time aiming and such.

I most often survive stalker with:

- Soma. good'ol soma. puts things to sleep.

- Brakk. Half the reason for secondary slot.

- Marelok. The other half.

- Amphrex. Corrosive/crit build.

Disclaimer: these are just my preferences + those I found to work more.

Having the proper equipment, you will need to learn how to dodge, and still hit stalker with the weapon. Wrt, I don't have a 100% survival skill that some people boasts, so my only advice is "Never stop moving, and avoid moving in the line from you to the stalker".

Having mobs that distracts the Stalker is ok, but NEVER assume that you are safe. (I have gotten killed suddenly many times when I was away, high on some container or something, thinking that the Stalker is busy with all the infested mobs around)

Just realised that the above is more for "solo-ing" the Stalker.

When in a team, even if it is just one more player, the survival rate is much, much higher than being alone.

Stalker is the reason I have super OP weaponry. On-topic, It's best to always be mobile, and under no circumstance are you to melee duel the Stalker.

You definatley learned different than I did. My way of dealing with the stalker is to either riddle his face with bolts before he starts going anywhere or channel melee with my dragon nikana. Which one I do depends on what Im leveling because Ive learned to always carry at least one geared up weapon when Im leveling new gear since the stalker has killed me a few times while I had completely new gear.

First guy is right and wrong. You want to stay mobile, but engaging at close range is a good idea. Shotguns and melee are both useful against him. At long range he'll be attacking with his primary and secondary, which will both wreck you. His melee isn't as strong though, so if you can keep him in melee range he'll have a harder time. A fast weapon can also potentially stunlock him.

Edited by vaugahn

Stalker is the reason I have super OP weaponry. On-topic, It's best to always be mobile, and under no circumstance are you to melee duel the Stalker.

yeap pretty much i tried to melee him and within a second i had died.

edit: he always catches me when im playing loki so squishy 

Edited by TheSIlent1

Actually, Melee can be really effective if you find a way to make him teleport to you. Your Melee has to be very strong of course. For example, in two instance, I hid in a corner/small room so that when he teleports to me, I would melee him right away. With my Dual Ichor + Swirling Tiger, he died in a matter of seconds.

Since his Hate is his least powerful weapon, coupled with the fact that Swirling Tiger's pause combo has momentum (stagger/knockdown resistance), you'll be able to kill him before he does (having high survivability mods like Redirection + Vitality helps). Even my Gram with Cleaving Whirlwind, where I began doing the Broken Bull combo right before he teleports to me, was enough to kill him in two or three spins.

The dangerous thing about staying far from him is his highly damaging Despair, but especially his one-shot-kill Dread.

Edited by Casardis

Well he gives you warning so find a nice open spot with no distractions and wait for him to spawn then mark him with a waypoint so you can track him if he teleports around.

He has Annoy Armor with Proto Shield so Radiation Cold would be max elementals but high proc rate corrosive like Amprex also downs him in optimal time.  You'll want a weapon that has high damage and you don't need iron sights to use.  Keep your eyes on the target and dodge if he pulls something.

Do you have Rage, Lifestrike and a good melee weapon (e.g, Obex, Dual Ichor or Dragon Nikana)? If so you can easily beat the stalker by hiding in the corner of a small room, waiting until he teleports/slash dashes to you, hitting him with your melee out while channeling. Assuming you're using Valkyr with high-ranked Vitality and Steel Fiber, you regenerate health at a rate faster than he can hurt you and you should beat him. 

Out of all my stalker kills, at least 5 of them were luring him to me and then mashing the melee button with lifestrike dual ichor, hopefully it works for you too.

Just as a topic branch, has anybody have any experience to share wrt kubrows? high ranked and modded kubrows can easily be tankier than most (if not all) warframes (esp Valkyr...). How effective is a (near) maxed kubrow against the assassins? (Stalker, G3, Hunter)

In addition to what everyone else is saying, please also remember that the Stalker has an ability called "Dispel" where they turn off your warframe abilities.  As well, Stalker is usually immune to most all warframe powers, with a few exceptions.

Personally, I use either my Latron Prime or Marelok and just run and gun.  If you see them use the bow, keep moving.  And be wary of the Stalker's slash-dash ability, too, cuz at certain ranges that is activated...and has enough damage to one-shot many frames.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker

Correct me if I am wrong, but stalker has non-hit scan weapons. I.e a bow and throwing knives..

My method for dealing with stalker... step by step

1. Equip low level Weapons and Warframe (0-15). Make sure you take with you one Max/forma'd/ weapon. Estimate conclave sub 600.

2. Choose a map his likely to appear and that is useful to you. ie Farming orokin cells, plastids, credits etc.

3. Play these missions till you vomit of boredom, nodes can be quite challenging when you have a low level frame.

4. When the lights starts to flicker, clear the room of mobs ASAP

5. if possible use a room that has plenty of room to move and obstacles

6. Run rings around him whilst he tries to shoot you with Dread/Dispair... he is a one trick pony at distance...

7. Things not to do....

a. stand on boxes. Doesn't work any more

b. try to NOT use/rely on abilities Rhino Skin, Invisibility or any other ability he can dispel. He can dispel them all. What a prick!

c. engagement man to man, its a  big risk as he may slashdash/flashdance one shot you...

Example.

1. Load newly forma'd Booban and Boar Prime.

2. Load max Angstrum

3. Load Seurcha

4. Farm for credits and exp

5. Pray to RNGesus

6. Reload and pray some more

7. Stalker appears, jump off S#&$ your standing on and start moving around...

8. Once you see him mark him, "normally G" than proceed to shoot him with said Angstrum

9. Profit... unless RNGesus doesn't like you and he doesn't drop anything...

This has happened multiple times to me.... Stalker never learns...

If I'm serious, I take out the Marelok and use hit and run tactics. I keep a maxed out secondary for these occasions. 

If I don't really care and just wanna screw around. I pull out the Dragon Nikana and pretend I'm Conner MacLeod. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

I say this because I have all three of his items, so I could care less if he shows up anymore. 

Do you have Rage, Lifestrike and a good melee weapon (e.g, Obex, Dual Ichor or Dragon Nikana)? If so you can easily beat the stalker by hiding in the corner of a small room, waiting until he teleports/slash dashes to you, hitting him with your melee out while channeling. Assuming you're using Valkyr with high-ranked Vitality and Steel Fiber, you regenerate health at a rate faster than he can hurt you and you should beat him. 

Out of all my stalker kills, at least 5 of them were luring him to me and then mashing the melee button with lifestrike dual ichor, hopefully it works for you too.

Valkyr is a bit too OP for stalker. 

Stalker spawns

Sees Valkyr

Activates "Opossum Ability"

Playing Dead

Hands Valkyr the drop

Are you dueling or hit and running the Stalker? There's a huge difference.

Dueling him. I just wait for him to show up and then I start meleeing him as he is standing p and he usually dies shortly after. So far I havent lost with this tactic unless I have a weak melee.

Everytime stalker spawns,he's kneeling and standing up.

That's the time you can deal tons of damage to him before he attacks.

If you can't kill him after that,you should go with hit and run tactics.

OP,may I ask you what mod you have on your dread,and what's the lvl of your serration?

Thanks everyone for the response, and this is what I encountered recently with Stalker:

I had to do an Invasion Mission when I go against the Grineer, and I had Valkyr with survival stuff: Vitality(6), Redirection(6), Fast Deflection(Maxed), Rush, Steel Fiber(4), and Quick Rest. My Hysteria is maxed out as well. What I did is that I used Hysteria first when he was on his knees spawning, and that took chunk of his health, and he used Dispel on me to disable my active Hysteria. So, I tried avoiding his Dread and Despair by running around corners and stuff, but he keeps on teleporting next to me. I was already half of health left, so I tried going against him with my Dread and took part of his health, and go head to head with my Kronen(Maxed Fury, Range, Pressure Point, and Gemini Cross, along adding with Rending Strike. When I hit him enough and didn't want to fight me anymore with his Hate, he just teleported away and finished me off with his Despair... It is very sad of me that I almost killed a Level 30 Stalker, yet when I was in a group, he was level 45 and he got nuked instantly...

Also, Stalker wouldn't face me when I had Rhino with Boltor Prime, Latron Prime, or Latron Wraith. Only time he gets me when I'm equiped with something less powerful weapon. What I don't get is that my Dread doesn't do enough damage to Stalker, even that I actually hit his head and kept wallbanging him.

Dread: Fast Hands(max), Speed Trigger(max), Serration(6), Vital Sense(max), Shred(max), Point Strike(max), Ammo Drum(max), and Piercing Hit.

I dunno, Stalker always outsmarts me, I feel very discouraged when he kills me badly in this game...

Take out Shred,Ammo Drum and Piercing hit

Put hammer shot&2 elemental mods/3 elemental mods instead,this will do much more damage.

That way maybe you can 2 or 3 shot him,if you aim for the head.

And Hysteria is more like a panic button instead of damage output skill imo,dread does more damage actually.

Edited by CodeFaker

Just as a topic branch, has anybody have any experience to share wrt kubrows? high ranked and modded kubrows can easily be tankier than most (if not all) warframes (esp Valkyr...). How effective is a (near) maxed kubrow against the assassins? (Stalker, G3, Hunter)

From my personal experience, I had Stalker spawn on me when I was doing the third Mirage quest. I had my Hek, a Detron, and my Dual Ichors for health for my Huras Kubrow and I. I was on my Nyx so I knew I was probably going to get wrecked if I made one wrong move, so I ran to the largest room on the Tileset I could find, I was running and gunning, swapping between my Hek and my Detron trying to keep infested off of me, keeping an eye on Stalker, all while my Kubrow was taking pot shots at him, She technically wasn't anywhere near maxed out, only about rank 15 if I recall correctly. I don't have Bite, but I do have a rank 7 Maul and I do keep my Kubrows' loyalty at max when I can. From what I saw, Stalker was completely ignoring my Huras, despite her taking decently sized chunks out of his health as he was so intent on targeting me. I ended up dying in the fight because I ran into a cloud of poison made by not one, not two, but three Mutilist Ospreys.

I've also heard that if you have a Sunika Kubrow with you, he/she will treat Stalker like a VIP and tackle him to the ground and hold him in place until you finish Stalker off (this is also said to apply to any of the Grustrag 3) however, I have yet to see this occur in my own game nor have I seen screenshots or videos, so I dunno if this is true or not. I've been trying to get either of these two spawn in my game while I have my Sunika with me to see it for myself, and maybe get Sceenshots too.

To answer OP's post. While I personally haven't been able to Solo Stalker, I have come very close many times. The best method that has worked for me is to get into medium range (think Shotgun range) and take advantage of the fact that his weapons aren't hitscan. Also, got really close to defeating him because he was ignoring my Kubrow, so maybe having a mid-to-maxed level Kubrow (or Sentinel, though he's always killed my sents so...yeah) with you might give you enough time to wail on him a couple times.

Also, taking advantage of the wall helps a bit and dodge rolls in some instances. Basically the key to dealing with Mr Spookums is to stay on the move. Based on what I've heard and my own experiences, learning to deal with Stalker takes a bit of practice. A buddy of mine lost to him too many times to count before he finally found a way to defeat Stalker that works for his playstyle. 

So in short: I tell a story about how my Kubrow almost kicked Stalker's butt, while I run around like chicken with her head cut off. You'll eventually find a Stalker-killing trick that works for you, however what's generally accepted is to not get too far away and to always stay on the move because his weapons have a projectile flight time. Also, if you're ranking things up, it's a good idea to keep one maxed out/ multi-forma'd weapon equipped just in case he decides to drop in and say 'hi~'

I find what works best for me is have a dethcube with your and a rank 30 catalyst kronen with pressure point fury voltaic strike volcanic edge virulent scourge and the cold 60% status and cold damage. Then when you're in a mission and the screen starts flashing stand still and watch your sentinel once he starts shooting you know the stalker has spawned turn immediately to that direction do the E E E hold E E E combo and one shot him go.