Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Pvp Hard?

Semshol

Just played multiple Dark Sector conflicts for the first time today:

I found them relatively alright.

As a defender I just sniped the attackers

As an attacker I sniped the defenders and did the objectives.

So I'm trying to understand why people complain about it.

Oh and all of this was done WITHOUT using my best equipment.

No spamming of abilities, just a lot of dashing and sliding, so yeaaah just trying to figure out what people don't actually find difficult about PvP

Played actual people, one of whom was taking advantage of lag to spam their melee so I couldn't be revived. I just used some wits and didn't run the same way each time. Confused him by going around a few places and then just popping the core while he tried to chase.

PVP isnt hard if you can aim, keep moving and you wont get hit, keep your sights true on your target and you will win every time.

Pretty much. I mean, people kept rage quitting when I was defending on ICE. Because I didn't let them even do the first objective...but that's my job.

When I was an attacker, i just used cover, head-shotted the spectres. Avoided players, and hit the consoles and ran to a spot to snipe any defenders trying to undo my work.

I imagined it would be difficult since I made sure none of the attackers could do the first...turns out it wasn't that hard. Edited by -Himari-
Merged posts

DE had to nerf a lot of stuff real hard since people were always complaining how a lot of people spam with the abilities such as blade storm, shuriken, and pull, yes PvP is hard if you are against people who have higher levels than you, and it is hard if you can't shoot your enemies. Currently I am using rhino, boltor prime, detron, and jat kittag for PvP, yea it seems cheap, but I would use Jat kittag to stun specters/players so they won't spam their abilites before I hit them, and then I would go for long fire shots on the other enemies.

Boltor prime=Best Rifle for everything

Detron=Best secondary for PvP

The player base is full of ex-MMORPG players that came to this game because it didn't had PvP, most of them are not used to competitive shooters, they don't want competition, just want to farm their stuff in peace. They are so used to their godly powers, staying 1h in a mission without dying. Then they join a PvP match, get roflstomped, hate PvP forever and are convinced that this game is not for PvP. Being killed in 1 second it's outrageous for some players. That's one big reasson why people complain about it and think it's hard. Then there are the balance issues, overpowered abilities that were not thought for PvP, band-aid fixes and exploitable cheap tactics.

Edited by RexSol

It is not hard, but it can be cheap with players spawn camping.

We were fighting together dude, how many times did they rage quit. We weren't even spawn camping...they were just bad at fighting. Heck I don't go anywhere close to the front lines. I'm a squishy man.

The player base is full of ex-MMORPG players that came to this game because it didn't had PvP, they don't want competition, just want to farm their stuff in peace. They are so used to their godly powers, staying 1h in a mission without dying. Then they join a PvP match, get roflstomped, hate PvP forever and are convinced that this game is not for PvP. Being killed in 1 second it's outrageous for some players. That's one big reasson why people complain about it and think it's hard. Then there are the balance issues, overpowered abilities that were not thought for PvP, band-aid fixes and exploitable cheap tactics.

They get roflstomped because they never learned how to dodge an attack. Everyone looks like they're standing-still sometimes. It's not like I have some kind of Genjutsu (illusionary techniques for the non-naruto fans) y'know x'D

The only time that sucked for me was when I got bladestormed to death by an Ash and even then he quit instead of me :/

DE had to nerf a lot of stuff real hard since people were always complaining how a lot of people spam with the abilities such as blade storm, shuriken, and pull, yes PvP is hard if you are against people who have higher levels than you, and it is hard if you can't shoot your enemies. Currently I am using rhino, boltor prime, detron, and jat kittag for PvP, yea it seems cheap, but I would use Jat kittag to stun specters/players so they won't spam their abilites before I hit them, and then I would go for long fire shots on the other enemies.

Boltor prime=Best Rifle for everything

Detron=Best secondary for PvP

I can counter that setup easy. I don't allow anyone within 20m of me, so you'll need a copter at the very least to divert my eyes.

Boltor Prime won't hit me at 50m.

I do agree about the Detron though, when they get in close, they get Detroned in the face while I run like the scared little $#*(@ I am Edited by -Himari-
Merged posts

We were fighting together dude, how many times did they rage quit. We weren't even spawn camping...they were just bad at fighting. Heck I don't go anywhere close to the front lines. I'm a squishy man.

I remember now. I think I had to pick you up a few times when you rush headlong into enemy territory. 

not hard, but you must build a frame and weapons in a certain way in order to make the most of it from level up system.

however, as long there is a p2p system, i can't call it a pvp. just like i can't call wf a competitive game in general.

Edited by Althix

I remember now. I think I had to pick you up a few times when you rush headlong into enemy territory. 

Wasn't me, I was in the back with the sniper. I never left the starting area with the platform blocks. It was easier to sight from there x'D.

Dude with the sniper, not the rusher LOL

Rushing is not my style at all because close combat scares me...a lot

Edited by Semshol

inb4, PVE nerf to balance PVP content.

Apparently people are still paranoid about this. -_-

PvP isn't hard when you know what you're are doing. I only quit a match when I'm being ability spammed or spawn camped.

Edited by Rakshal

Wasn't me, I was in the back with the sniper. I never left the starting area with the platform blocks. It was easier to sight from there x'D.

Dude with the sniper, not the rusher LOL

Rushing is not my style at all because close combat scares me...a lot

I just scare the crap out of other snipers with using my Marelok to snipe them. 

I just scare the crap out of other snipers with using my Marelok to snipe them. 

Well since I'm sniping with my primary, I use a more close combat friendly secondary. Marelok doesn't have that zoomed in feel which I like to get a more accurate shot, though it would be good for mid-range :)

The player base is full of ex-MMORPG players that came to this game because it didn't had PvP, most of them are not used to competitive shooters, they don't want competition, just want to farm their stuff in peace. They are so used to their godly powers, staying 1h in a mission without dying. Then they join a PvP match, get roflstomped, hate PvP forever and are convinced that this game is not for PvP. Being killed in 1 second it's outrageous for some players. That's one big reasson why people complain about it and think it's hard. Then there are the balance issues, overpowered abilities that were not thought for PvP, band-aid fixes and exploitable cheap tactics.

I couldn't have said this better myself. This is exactly it.