Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe For Mac

dodowt99

I like this game as it is unique with its gameplay and the way it is run but i would like it to be available to mac. I own both a Mac and a Windows computer but my Mac has better specs and not only would making warframe available to mac benefit me, it would also benefit other players with macs and make the game more accessible to other people who want to try the game only own macs. It would make warframe have more players which would make the community bigger and there would be more people playing at any time which gives players more chances to work with other players while playing. Please consider making Warframe available for mac as it would benefit both the warframe franchise and the players.

Porting the game to Mac would require re-writing the whole game to work with different libraries. There's no DirectX on Mac, and Warframe requires DirectX.

That's why Mac is not a gaming platform and will never be one. It may be great for browsing internet, or editing some videos or music, but it's better to get a real PC for gaming purposes.

Because of no DX support (and usually inferior specs and architecture) Mac is not even considered a gaming platform, that's why there are close to no games ported there. It's like asking for Mario to be ported on Casio calculators.

Edited by Angius

Well, you can run Windows games on Mac if you use bootcamp or something to run Windows itself, but it;s usually not worth it...

Actually, it does run rather decently for most games (I have a Mac laptop that uses Bootcamp partition, just in case I get stranded without my main PC laptop. Works pretty well, especially when I have the urge to code a program). 

Porting the game to Mac would require re-writing the whole game to work with different libraries. There's no DirectX on Mac, and Warframe requires DirectX.

That's why Mac is not a gaming platform and will never be one. It may be great for browsing internet, or editing some videos or music, but it's better to get a real PC for gaming purposes.

Because of no DX support (and usually inferior specs and architecture) Mac is not even considered a gaming platform, that's why there are close to no games ported there. It's like asking for Mario to be ported on Casio calculators.

Making warframe available to MAC should still be considered as an option. This game has already been made available to PS4 and XBOX1 so why not mac. As i said, should be considered.

Making warframe available to MAC should still be considered as an option. This game has already been made available to PS4 and XBOX1 so why not mac. As i said, should be considered.

Because Xbone uses DirectX as well, PS4 uses very similar libraries AND has a set of developer tools to make the porting as painless as possible.

As I said, it would require re-writing the whole game code, line by line. It would require creating another Warframe, another whole game. As for now, it is not an option. And most likely will never be.

Free or not, it should still have either the same or higher specs than a mac, unless its like a bloody commodore 64, then I can understand, but say its even a 5 year old crappy laptop it should still at least match a mac.

my PC runs Windows XP so it is pretty old but i don't want to argue about my PC or why it is "worse than a bloody mac" 

Because Xbone uses DirectX as well, PS4 uses very similar libraries AND has a set of developer tools to make the porting as painless as possible.

As I said, it would require re-writing the whole game code, line by line. It would require creating another Warframe, another whole game. As for now, it is not an option. And most likely will never be.

thanks for explaining it. so the only choices now is to have windows run on my mac or just use a PC, PS4 or a XBOX1 right?

Free or not, it should still have either the same or higher specs than a mac, unless its like a bloody commodore 64, then I can understand, but say its even a 5 year old crappy laptop it should still at least match a mac.

Depends on the mac. The mac I use at work has really good specs.

Dont bash on the guy because he doesnt have a good pc, its totally unnecessary.

Are there enough gamers on Mac to even warrant it? I'm not against it, but still would it even matter with Mac gamers? I use Mac and I own the consoles and I can play Warframe. I never got the feeling Jobs wanted the hardcore gaming associated with Mac in general, especially now with games like Angry Birds ruling iPads.

Maybe back then, no, but today the amount of people that play games make it more than a potential market, its a must for every computer company.