Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest

[DE]Rebecca

Rebecca, I noticed that emissive maps are only on certain models and aren't required in the final entry, but can we add them as an option? It's not entirely a problem if it is or isn't, the emissive (glow) channel just an extra texture mask and can be easily disconnected. I'm just curious.

Edit: Also I would like to know the answer from question above me as well. XD Although remeshing is a bit of it's own can of worms. You'd have to add a lot more to the rules, for sure.

Edited by ZeroJackdaw

Question for devs!  Are we allowed to make skins like the Dagger Axes, where the skin is almost an entirely different weapon, or is this only cosmetic?

No - this is for the existing meshes, and a cosmetic skin only.

Rebecca, I noticed that emissive maps are only on certain models and aren't required in the final entry, but can we add them as an option? It's not entirely a problem if it is or isn't, the emissive (glow) channel just an extra texture mask and can be easily disconnected. I'm just curious.

Edit: Also I would like to know the answer from question above me as well. XD Although remeshing is a bit of it's own can of worms. You'd have to add a lot more to the rules, for sure.

You can add them as an option if you want, not required. Kary has examples of emissives in the PSDs, but it's not a requirement!

I think you are allowed to have an emissive glow channel (obviously so long as it fits the game) as it is provided in the vectis .psd file, not going to use it personally but hopefully that answered your question :)

Ninja'd by Rebecca xD

Edited by noveltyhero

how about we make a torrent for the files? DE could seed the original torrent and it would escalate in a matter of seconds if everyone seeds it. i mean, 100k seeders would make it so easy to download. mega is too slow and problematic.

I download at 2mb/s off steam. I got to mega and initially its fast... then all of a sudden right down to 50 kb/s slowly crawling to 1 kb.

yaaaaaaay xD

Edited by NetSlayer

Just wanted to point out that if your a student (high school or college) you can get a student version of 3ds max or maya for free. And for the devs if we use 3ds max for our renders (rather than blender) are there any lighting or environment settings we need to be aware of.

huhum but rendering with marmoset will be different from what it turns out in the game

and if it comes down to public voting people will fall for the best render instead of the best texture and then will be disappointed that it doesnt look the same in the game

huhum but rendering with marmoset will be different from what it turns out in the game

and if it comes down to public voting people will fall for the best render instead of the best texture and then will be disappointed that it doesnt look the same in the game

I am sure the art team will tweak some of them so they actually fit within the game, render wise and all :/