Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Effect Warcry Has On Armor Is Permanent. Who Cares.

dadaddadada

This means that if you cast warcry at the very start of the mission, the armor buff affecting you, the cryopod and any ally in the vicinity will be permanent for the rest of the mission, does not worn off.

Unfortunately, it doesn't stack if you cast warcry many times.

Does this make warcry in any way OP?

No, as the effective gained damage reduction of a maxed 3/3 warcry with no other power strenght mods is 10-12% even on a Valkyr with maxed steel fiber. I suspect the buff is applied on the base armor only. Warcry's armor buff has always been laughable.

Is there a cool way to fix warcry?

Making it worn off normally is a start. Other than that, to make the armor buff in any way noticeable, warcry alone should at least double the current armor value.

In Warframe, armor is too screwed up to comprehend since damage 2.0 so don't ask me about it. But still, if you go on an infested mission as a Valkyr with maxed steel fiber and you let a charger hit you over and over on health, before and after casting warcry, I guarantee you'll have a good laugh.

Btw, the 20% armor buff on Hallowed Ground has the same in-game viability of the Vortex' 15 grenade contact damage.

Huh?  If I recall a BR Warcry is 100% Attack speed and Armor boost to total armor, so 1.2k become 2.4k and that is a bit better granted Corpus turn that in wet paper with their weaponry.   Now I'm confused if those stats are wrong.

Edit: yep just check warcry gives at max rank a 50% Attack and Armor buff from total armor and trust me that is a lot of armor she gets close to 93% damage redux that seems so little considering the amount of damage one receives in late game survival.  

So if it is applied the entire mission it might be like Embers old OverHeat meaning it does need a fix.   

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

Warcry isn't really intended as a primary means to defend. The armor buff is just a bonus to synergy with valkyr and her skills.

So buffing according to a defensive point of view might go against the intended design of valkyr itself.

Furthermore, maxed out it gives a bonus of 50% and not 10-12%, mentioned by our warframe wiki itself : 
f9tqg7Z.png

Warcry isn't really intended as a primary means to defend. The armor buff is just a bonus to synergy with valkyr and her skills.

So buffing according to a defensive point of view might go against the intended design of valkyr itself.

Furthermore, maxed out it gives a bonus of 50% and not 10-12%, mentioned by our warframe wiki itself : 

The OP's point is that a 50% armor buff only reduces the damage Valkyr takes from attacks by 10-12%.

This is related to the overall futility of armor as well as interactions with damage 2.0 types, as well as warcry probably only buffing base armor stat (not steel fiber).

I'd imagine its similarly "useless" on other frames with lower armor.

EDIT- having said all of that, an armor buff seems like an odd stat for Valkyr or this skill. Life drain, short-duration knockdown/proc resist, sure.

Edited by notionphil

The 10-12% was on the actual damage.

The formula for armor mitigation is 

Damage = modded Damage / (1 + (Armor / 300)) [no Warcry]

Thus a 50% increase in Armor only gives the stated 10-12% damage savings since all a max Warcry does is change the above formula to

Damage = modded Damage / (1 + (Armor / 200)) [max Warcry]

As of Update 14.6.0, this bug has been fixed:

- Fixed an issue with Valkyr’s Warcry armor buff not properly being removed after the ability ends.

The weirdest thing is that the armor buff is so bland that no one ever noticed the bug. It may have lived since the very release of Valkyr lol.