Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox Account Migration

(XBOX)Pro Master X7

Hello,

I used to play lots of Warframe on PC a long time ago, but haven't played in a while. Mostly because the Xbox One came out and I prefer playing Multiplayer games on a console where I have more friends online. Also the game experience is exactly the same for everyone on a console and there are less glitchers/hackers, but that's just my opinion.

What is important is that I've been meaning to play some more Warframe since the Hydro update or some time around then. I never got around to it, but now I've seen that the game is releasing on Xbox and I would like to start it again.

The only question left is, obviously, will I be able to transfer my progress/purchases on my account? I know this is probably technically not so easy, but I've invested about 80€ and I think that request is justified. Of course I wouldn't mind it being a 1-time transfer, but if I couldn't transfer my purchases at least, I probably won't start everything over again anyway.

I don't care about other forum users their opinions on my statements here so hold your flaming/trolling, I would just like for someone who has additional information to reply to this message and clarify this for me.

Thanks,

Nosferatu

Edited by (XB1)Nosferatu BE

We don't have any plans to offer an account migration to XB1. It's technically possible, but I don't want to give any false hope. 

Please, make it happen, I and many others want to be able copy our PC accounts over to the Xbox. Hell, maybe Microsoft would like to one up Sony in this department, and make it so we can do it at any point in time.

I hope so, I don't like using a laptop to play and console feels better. And I've put enough money into DE's pockets that I'm not buying any more stuff until I can play my PC account on xb1.

This ... I've put money into xb1 already but have spent quite a lot and was a founder on pc also. Truly hope they consider this and let us know one way or the other before to long.

After grinding so long and so hard, starting over is just irratating. I have been playing Warframe since May,2014. "A lOT" of solo, bunches of rewarding public missions and events since then. All of this on a Work Station low end Gaming PC sometimes on less than 10fps but now that I can actually see and the Frame Rate is up to par on a Gourgous Presentation from DE to XB1 their saying start over? This migration or duplicate account offering needs to happen its only rite and fair. The ability to see and and get full enjoyment out of Warframe with all that I aquired (died a lot) on My XB1 well that would be Super. Please and Thank You in advance.

I really hope they don't allow it its fun now. Everyone doesn't have over powered weapons and everyone's starting at the same point! It's great! I'm mastery rank 16 and I welcome this no migration

If it were to ever occur, I suspect it would take awhile to get permission from Microsoft (just like it took a long time to get permission from Sony). There would probably be plenty of time for XB1 players to gear up.

I really hope they don't allow it its fun now. Everyone doesn't have over powered weapons and everyone's starting at the same point! It's great! I'm mastery rank 16 and I welcome this no migration

No offence to you or anything, but why does it really matter if there's players who are more OP than others? out side of PvP it doesn't really matter, if there is one or two players OP in a low-med leveled mission, as long as you get XP, and get the mission rewards. that's really it, and I'm better DE can add some match making filters to help people not get matched with players with higher leveled gear than you. PLUS, based on not only what [DE]Drew said in the post below you/replying to you, and based on what happened with PS4's account migration, by the time PC and Xbox One version both have the same update/patch, they'll be players out there with OP stuff like [DE]Drew stated. It's not going to be a "Oh, we're going to have PC to Xbox One Account Migration tomorrow, a week or so after Warframe's release on the Xbox One!" deal, It's going to be MONTHS after release if we're lucky.

Plus I really dislike the fact that PS4 has account migration and Xbox doesn't, it's not really fair to those of us who want it for Xbox. 

If it were to ever occur, I suspect it would take awhile to get permission from Microsoft (just like it took a long time to get permission from Sony). There would probably be plenty of time for XB1 players to gear up.

I honestly believe it would take some time for Microsoft to give permission, they're most likely going to look into it, and see if it'll work first, hell they might even come right out and say yes and try to support cross platform play between PC and Xbox, or at least Windows 8+ and Xbox.

I too hope they allow migration.  I've spent a bunch of money on the PC version and would like to continue my progress on the Xbone.  Please put in a request.

Of course I could see why they wouldn't do this, because technically they would be shooting themselves in the foot with in game purchases.  Why allow us to migrate when we could just spend more money on the Xbone version to catch up and unlock stuff again...

This really makes no sense. Starting over and repeating the same grind isn't fun. The XB1 players who just started will go through low level content with others of their rank. We'll pick up where we left off in the higher level content. If you want to do it all over again, fine, but don't try screw us over.

Why can't we just somehow associate our PC login with our Xbox One login.  Then when we log into Xbox One, we just get all the same stuff we would if we were logging into PC.  I've probably payed at least $200 of real money to buy platinum to play this game.  Have multiple level 30 Warframes and definitely don't want to start all over at squre one.  I have no idea why a migration makes any sense.  Especially when I first launched the game I saw the text "you must have a warframe account to log in" yet I was never once prompted to log into Warframe.  It just logged in with the silly Xbox Live account. 

Of course I could see why they wouldn't do this, because technically they would be shooting themselves in the foot with in game purchases.  Why allow us to migrate when we could just spend more money on the Xbone version to catch up and unlock stuff again...

Your point is valid, but if you're a PC player like me you probably know this this game is just one huge grind and you've stopped paying anyway. I've purchased a few items, but not more than I would spend on a retail game. It just gets ridiculous! How convoluted can this get?

My point is will PC players who now play on XB1 pay that again? If you're smart you probably would't pay one more cent. Why pay again for the same content you might think?

I think DE will shoot themselves in the foot by not trying to get a transfer agreement. If you could start where you left off, one might be persuaded to buy something again in the future.

If I don't get the account migration I will most likely just remove it from my hard drive, since it's getting a little full anyway. Why bother putting in the time on the same boring grind for things you've already seen? It's just not the same and I will drop this game altogether since I don't play on PC anymore either.

Edited by (XB1)Nosferatu BE

• 3 weeks later...