Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Rework.

S0ulre4per

So......

Ummm...........

When?

any info?

He REALLY NEEDS REWORK.

idea of him is really cool but even as a support frame he (i have to admit) is bad.

spamming desecrate is not fun

his fear is oks but it lacks something

soul punch - do i really need to explain? (well yes, you need to) its a god dam soul punch.....it should deal HUGE dmg

ragdoll is ok, to sometimes get enemies out of your face but dmg is way too low.

shadows of the dead. they shouldnt be time based. they just need to be revived and stay there till they are killed again.

Edited by S0ulre4per

So......

Ummm...........

When?

any info?

He REALLY NEEDS REWORK.

idea of him is really cool but even as a support frame he (i have to admit) is bad.

spamming desecrate is not fun

his fear is sometimes usefull but it lacks something

soul punch - do i really need to explain? (well yes, you need to) its a god dam soul punch.....it should deal HUGE dmg

ragdoll is ok, to sometimes get enemies out of your face but dmg is way too low.

shadows of the dead. they shouldnt be time based. they just need to be revived and stay there till they are killed again.

He's fine as is, jeez.

He's fine as is, jeez.

he is kinda ok....if i didnt have to spam desecrate all the time then i wouldnt even make this topic. he need a dmg buff or shadows of dead rework. i know that i can just take boltor prime and wreck stuff, but where is the fun in that?

(yes i DO understand that not every warframe is damage based)

Edited by S0ulre4per

Let's be honest.Nekros' only job is to spam desecrate and the occasional terrify in defence missions.He has no real use and is outclassed by every other support frame.He is in his own category: Farm Frame.

Edit:Neo is right.He doesn't need a Complete rework but he needs a slight buff if you will.

Edited by Neonpkz

This topic will be moved to the appropriate section.

Seriously though, DE dug their own grave (haha, theme humor) when they gave Nekros a loot booster. That's what he is and always will be, since you just don't go back on loot boosters. As for his other skills, Soul Punch isn't the worst 1 (though relatively the entire power scale of 1s is off post-Mirage), and Terrify's actually pretty good CC if a little janky (CAN WE PLEASE RECAST IT BEFORE KILLING ALL AFFECTED ENEMIES?). Shadows of the Dead... as many people have said already, it really needs AI help, but I'm not really sure how plausible that is (enough for it to matter, anyway).

I'd comment on the irony of a shinigami talking about a necromancer frame but later. Now for skills. his 1 shouldn't be all about damage it should have a bit more utility. Instead of just 1 per cast it should go 1/1/2/4 depending on it rank would allow for better utility. Desacrate should have LS/Cells be a guaranteed thing on certain mobs while giving a boost to certain mats to be dropped same with mods make uncommon=common and rare=uncommon and common/wf abilities=rare maybe that would help when farming. Fear shouldn't have a target limit make it radial or make it contagious so that it spreads across the mobs for x amount of time. SoT should be more of a trigger skills where bodies to come back and at the end of the timer the go boom! would make it have some utility, send in a group of 10 shadows into a mod click to recast and they go bloom. Though I'm sure some of these ideas would need tweaking.

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

he is kinda ok....if i didnt have to spam desecrate all the time then i wouldnt even make this topic. he need a dmg buff or shadows of dead rework. i know that i can just take boltor prime and wreck stuff, but where is the fun in that?

(yes i DO understand that not every warframe is damage based)

Your suggestions makes no sense then. Are you implying you spam Desecrate because you have nothing else worth using? Because i would argue it's because Desecrate is a unique ability that's simply better than anything else you could have.

This isn't a game where you are stuck using one frame only. You could just as easily put on Mirage, Nova, or Rhino for AoE spam. You could use Loki, Nyx, or Vauban for CC. You could use Frost of Volt for defense. You use Nekros for loot farming; no other frame gives additional loot.

Even if they buffed the frame's other abilities, would you actually use them? Every other skill you use will just eat up energy that you could be using on Desecrate. If your point is that you don't want to Desecrate, then don't use Nekros.

Perhaps you are unhappy because other people only want you to use Desecrate, and feel they would want you to do something else if your other skills were better. You would be wrong. You are asked to use Desecrate not because your other abilities aren't effective, but because you are the only one who can use Desecrate. Again, any energy you use on another ability is one less time you could be casting Desecrate. There is no other frame you can switch off with in providing that ability.  You can't switch off with Nyx on CC, not because you can't CC, but rather because Nyx can't 'Desecrate'.

If you really wanted to free Nekros from his roll as a support frame, Desecrate spammer, you should be asking DE to give a similar ability to another frame. Otherwise it won't matter how much they buff Soul Punch, Terrify, or SotD, you will still be the only one who can use Desecrate.

If shadows could be walked through, he'd be okay.

But since they get in the way, it's like I'm playing Diablo 2 before the expansion.

Wanna go through that doorway? Good luck with your 20 other entities that count as other players that you collide with.

Terrible design choice. It makes shadows of the damned worthless because it turns a clusterfuck into a bigger clusterfuck instead of alleviating things.

But Desecrate is good, but spamming it does get old.

If shadows worked the same way as the clones on hall of mirrors, it'd be awesome then.

Your suggestions makes no sense then. Are you implying you spam Desecrate because you have nothing else worth using? Because i would argue it's because Desecrate is a unique ability that's simply better than anything else you could have.

This isn't a game where you are stuck using one frame only. You could just as easily put on Mirage, Nova, or Rhino for AoE spam. You could use Loki, Nyx, or Vauban for CC. You could use Frost of Volt for defense. You use Nekros for loot farming; no other frame gives additional loot.

Even if they buffed the frame's other abilities, would you actually use them? Every other skill you use will just eat up energy that you could be using on Desecrate. If your point is that you don't want to Desecrate, then don't use Nekros.

Perhaps you are unhappy because other people only want you to use Desecrate, and feel they would want you to do something else if your other skills were better. You would be wrong. You are asked to use Desecrate not because your other abilities aren't effective, but because you are the only one who can use Desecrate. Again, any energy you use on another ability is one less time you could be casting Desecrate. There is no other frame you can switch off with in providing that ability.  You can't switch off with Nyx on CC, not because you can't CC, but rather because Nyx can't 'Desecrate'.

If you really wanted to free Nekros from his roll as a support frame, Desecrate spammer, you should be asking DE to give a similar ability to another frame. Otherwise it won't matter how much they buff Soul Punch, Terrify, or SotD, you will still be the only one who can use Desecrate.

Confirmation Bias. 

yea i kinda svck at explaining things.....

i mean desecrate and fear for now are his only usefull abilities.

and yes i know its not a single frame game, if i want to go on a rampage ill just take my ash

actually yes....people mostly take nekroses to ODD or some other stuff just for desecrate.

its cool ability and all. but nekros needs to be something more than just immortal farmer. he cant die but he cant be a good support either. as i understood fear has limits.

and yes i know its not a single frame game, if i want to go on a rampage ill just take my ash

actually yes....people mostly take nekroses to ODD or some other stuff just for desecrate.

its cool ability and all. but nekros needs to be something more than just immortal farmer. he cant die but he cant be a good support either. as i understood fear has limits.

He dies very easily.

No he doesn't.

My argument will always be put the correct mods in and he's one of the most valuable frames in game.

You mean the argument you could make for any frame? Use the right mods and he's "valuable"?

Desecrate makes him "valuable" in very rare cases. Not sure how that relates to him not dying easily.

He still does die easily, if you're going to reply to me then stay on topic of what you're quoting.

By that, you acknowledge he can both CC or Desecrate spam.

So the question is what additional role do you want him to fill?

My personal feeling is that SotD and other persisting abilities (Snow Globe, World on Fire, Iron Skin, etc.) should come with a toggle or dispel function. I think SotD should keep collision because they also serve shields to block incoming fire. It's just they are pain once the fight is over and they stumbled around like the brainless zombies that they are.

As a person who found Nekros too be rather "Lackluster" at first I find him to be a ok frame. Poor guy hardly however gets any real useful skills that everyone else gets too spam like his "Shadows Of The Dead". I mean the skill in general is fine and all a cool idea but many Warframes never need to go through the hassle that poor Nekros has too just too use his ultimate skill. I also think their are only two types of Nekros players:

A. The type that use him as a farming Warframe and nothing more.

B. The type that defend him saying he's one of the best Warframes out their.

Sadly Desecrate is a really good skill so many people are going too try and use that rather then try and work with his very frustrating Ultimate. This sounds really allot like the Excalibur post a while ago about why people hate Excalibur and why he needs to be reworked to be better, in the end every Warframe has its up's and downs. Its just that poor Nekros got one really good skill and one really frustrating Ultimate, maybe if they improved his more major skill everyone would stop making posts like this.