Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Me With My Skin Please! (Contest-Vectis Skin)

noveltyhero

Hey guys!

So, as an ex CSGO Skin maker I am very excited for this contest, following on my Brann series my first skin is for the Vectis and I need help with what I should do:

Notes:

-Everything is bound to be changed

-The overall skin is not finished

-Specular, normal, emissive etc. maps are not touched yet

-Please be constructive

Ok first thing, what should this be called? Personal suggestions:

-Rosu

-Brann

-Decahex

-Intwined

-Violette

-Particula

Latest update:

nqs6cl.jpg

Pictures for reference (without any other maps but base texture)

10wv9zm.jpg

11kcsrb.jpg

2d8q4g4.jpg

Pictures of my progress so far:

Picture 1

2lo2c5x.jpg

Picture 2

28qrspv.jpg

Picture 3

2zyzl2r.jpg

Picture 4

f3q86.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Edited by noveltyhero

I vote for intwined!

Also, are you just going to re-colour the vectis or are you going to edit the model?

Also maybe a picture that shows the entire model.

I chose to show those specific parts because those are the ones I am working on right now, another thing the model itself is very basic, I have (will) updated OP with a picture showing nothing but the base texture so it is understandable, I cannot edit the model AFAIK for the contest as I only send them the texture (if I win).

i don't think that picking that color scheme is a good idea as black and red is the same scheme de uses for wraith weapons and that's going to hamper your skin in the contest imo, i'd go with a black/green or black/light blue tron like color scheme instead, thinking about it since it's grinner design weapon we're talking about i think that even black/orange could work if you give the black a slight brownish hue.

anyway it looks amazing

Edited by bl4ckhunter

i don't think that picking that color scheme is a good idea as black and red is the same scheme de uses for wraith weapons and that's going to hamper your skin in the contest imo, i'd go with a black/green or black/light blue tron like color scheme instead.

anyway it looks amazing

Actually the black and red on Wraith weapons is washed out (AFAIK), once I finish the texture it is super easy to just apply a filter and change the base colors, but for now I will keep red until the work is done to avoid confusions and breaking the patterns (due to blurs and whatnot)

Actually the black and red on Wraith weapons is washed out (AFAIK), once I finish the texture it is super easy to just apply a filter and change the base colors, but for now I will keep red until the work is done to avoid confusions and breaking the patterns (due to blurs and whatnot)

i think that the washed out look has something to do with the whole gamma enanched colorpocalipse that happened a while ago.It looks cool as it's going but  anyway should you want to add some writing here you can find the grineer's alphabeth http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Grineer_Alphabet

Edited by bl4ckhunter

i think that the washed out look has something to do with the whole gamma enanched colorpocalipse that happened a while ago.It looks cool as it's going but  anyway should you want to add some writing here you can find the grineer's alphabeth http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Grineer_Alphabet

Isn't it a Tenno weapon? Are there Tenno writings? Eh, no worries I will fit the Lotus symbol somewhere, thanks though! :)