Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Timeframe.

Antikonos

I've been trying (not very hard, I'll admit) to determine just how far in the future this setting takes place. To do this, I've been analyzing a few things in the setting and then extrapolating based on the technology required to each that state just how far in the future we may be. My best example involves looking at Phobos. Now, as we know, phobos is a desert, with ruins of cities being occupied and dug up by the grineer. There are canyons, rolling hills, surface to space installations and other facilities.

The kicker here is that phobos as we know it is a glorified rock floating in space. the question being, what level of technology and what amount of time is needed to transform a rock that's 22 km on its longest axis, and turn it into an environment that not only has an atmosphere but indigenous life, gravity, and a climate, not to mention leaving the question of how old those ruins are. Are we talking about a timeframe of thousands of years or are we looking so far in the future that we almost literally cannot relate on a basis of time, much like the homeworld series?

What are your theories? What do you guys have to add?

Dark Sector was set during the Cold War in Lasria. The proto-Excalibur skin hinted at it being almost ancient to the Tenno, predating the Orokin. Hayden Tenno himself wore the protosuit. Obviously, we're very far ahead of the Cold War at this point and time. With such advanced technology, I'd estimate anywhere between 500-1000 years after the Cold War into the Orokin era, and then another 1000+ years after the Great Collapse of the Orokin to where we are now.

Dark Sector was set during the Cold War in Lasria. The proto-Excalibur skin hinted at it being almost ancient to the Tenno, predating the Orokin. Hayden Tenno himself wore the protosuit. Obviously, we're very far ahead of the Cold War at this point and time. With such advanced technology, I'd estimate anywhere between 500-1000 years after the Cold War into the Orokin era, and then another 1000+ years after the Great Collapse of the Orokin to where we are now.

I'd say your timescale is pretty good, I would say at least 2000 years from our present time.  But, Dark sector and warframe are not directly related, so it can't really be used as a guide post.  Warframe is a spiritual successor so to speak.  

I'd say your timescale is pretty good, I would say at least 2000 years from our present time.  But, Dark sector and warframe are not directly related, so it can't really be used as a guide post.  Warframe is a spiritual successor so to speak.

This is not necessarily true, Hayden Tenno was confirmed a while ago to be the first tenno. I personally think it may be much further in the future, because the practical way to terraform a planet such as mars, and especially Venus, will take hundreds of thousands of years. this isn't even getting into the technological know-how required to develop a faster than light drive.