Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost 3.0 (Rework)

APBladeX

Maybe, since these look to be more so Oberon buffs applied to frost, I could add in some ideas for the OP and whomever else to consider?

Maybe Freeze could have faster projectile target time, or simply be hit-scan, that way the travel time isn't such a pain as it is now. If it hits the target, the target is frozen and a small AOE is given to that area to slow enemies that come into contact with it. If it doesn't hit a target, then the area of AOE is what happens. Maybe have the duration o the AOE and the target freeze be affected by duration mods, and the range of the aoe by range mods. The health of the Freeze on the target that it hit would be dependent on power strength mods.

For Ice Wave, ugh, that augment they came out with should have been built into the ability itself. But, to provide scalability to the power, maybe add a knock back affect? or it could freeze targets that survive it.

Snow Globe, I like your suggestions, having it damage enemies that enter the globe would be cool. But, maybe also block AOE and Grenades from entering the globe. It kind of annoys me that the bombards missiles still hurt me while I'm in the globe and it doesn't even hit close to me. Maybe have projectiles leaving the globe have ice damage applied to them? Though that may be a bit OP in some people's opinions.

Avalanche, ugh this thing needs scalability. Maybe have it where targets that survive the initial cast are frozen in place, or have the cold proc applied to them. NOT as an augment, but outright built into the ability.

Maybe, since these look to be more so Oberon buffs applied to frost, I could add in some ideas for the OP and whomever else to consider?

Maybe Freeze could have faster projectile target time, or simply be hit-scan, that way the travel time isn't such a pain as it is now. If it hits the target, the target is frozen and a small AOE is given to that area to slow enemies that come into contact with it. If it doesn't hit a target, then the area of AOE is what happens. Maybe have the duration o the AOE and the target freeze be affected by duration mods, and the range of the aoe by range mods. The health of the Freeze on the target that it hit would be dependent on power strength mods.

For Ice Wave, ugh, that augment they came out with should have been built into the ability itself. But, to provide scalability to the power, maybe add a knock back affect? or it could freeze targets that survive it.

Snow Globe, I like your suggestions, having it damage enemies that enter the globe would be cool. But, maybe also block AOE and Grenades from entering the globe. It kind of annoys me that the bombards missiles still hurt me while I'm in the globe and it doesn't even hit close to me. Maybe have projectiles leaving the globe have ice damage applied to them? Though that may be a bit OP in some people's opinions.

Avalanche, ugh this thing needs scalability. Maybe have it where targets that survive the initial cast are frozen in place, or have the cold proc applied to them. NOT as an augment, but outright built into the ability.

Perhaps Freeze can just outright be instant death for a single target. Ice Wave could do more Cold damage and temporarily freeze enemies that survived in place, with small Cold damage being applied over time while they are in a frozen state. Snow Globe should definitely block all forms of damage, and projectiles fired out of the globe should receive bonus or added Cold damage. Avalanche needs to do more damage and freeze enemies longer, perhaps for 5 seconds, affected by power strength and duration.

As for base stats, Frost was treated as a tank, along with Rhino, back in the day. However, he doesn't make the cut anymore. His abilities are rather weak and situational, his movement speed is pathetic, and he doesn't offer anything unique. Yes, he has high shields and moderate armor, like most RPGs/MMOs treat "Ice" classes. They are usually the tanks, but suffer from low damage output. Frost should have more movement speed, armor, and stamina.

Perhaps Freeze can just outright be instant death for a single target. Ice Wave could do more Cold damage and temporarily freeze enemies that survived in place, with small Cold damage being applied over time while they are in a frozen state. Snow Globe should definitely block all forms of damage, and projectiles fired out of the globe should receive bonus or added Cold damage. Avalanche needs to do more damage and freeze enemies longer, perhaps for 5 seconds, affected by power strength and duration.

As for base stats, Frost was treated as a tank, along with Rhino, back in the day. However, he doesn't make the cut anymore. His abilities are rather weak and situational, his movement speed is pathetic, and he doesn't offer anything unique. Yes, he has high shields and moderate armor, like most RPGs/MMOs treat "Ice" classes. They are usually the tanks, but suffer from low damage output. Frost should have more movement speed, armor, and stamina.

Whoa, haha, though I do love your enthusiasm for Frost becoming the literal incarnation of a battle hardened Ice Mage, even as a main Frost player, I would say we do need some kind of balance when it comes to his kit.

Freeze has its potential, but turning it into an insta-death seems to be a bit too OP in terms of scalability. It would turn into a Press 1 to win tool really quickly. Maybe a good middle ground is an increase in the cold damage applied and the health of the freeze, thus making it survivable later on in-mission, but not being a quick insta-death button for later enemies.

The Ice Wave change, I can dig it, so long as the cold damage increase isn't too massive, though it would be welcome.

For Snow Globe, I agree with all the projectile blocking, but I would feel bad for Volt if we took away the uniqueness of his shield.

Avalanche, the five seconds was good before they took it out, it was a glitch, but it was fun. I would rather have it be just by power strength though, or just have it apply the ice proc to enemies who survive. If the duration route is taken, then whichever enemies are within the area are solely going to be affected, and should the player eliminate these enemies before the duration is up, they are unable to cast it again. Thus, any new incoming mobs could attack the Frost before he could cast his power again. If this is a stackable ability, I would still say it may be a bit too strong, as a duration frost could blanket the entire map with it. I love the enthusiasm though, don't get me wrong.

On his stats, I would say that he needs a bit more armor, and gosh, that movement speed needs to be buffed big time. We have a stamina problem with frames still? I thought that was solved when we got rid of that weird stamina change a couple months back. At least Rhino Prime runs faster, not to mention the Arcane Vanguard makes him a speed demon even without Volt's shield.