Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The 0% Tax Ds Node?

jrkong

Solar Rails got a lot easier to conquer without community support. A clan can take one down without outside help in just a few hours. Also, the average person doesn't want to play Solar Rails anymore, since you need specifically tooled loadouts for PvP.

Hacks, exploits, and bugs don't help.

There have been clans fighting for 0%, but they can't win long-term, even with everyone behind them. No tax? No battle pay. That's just how it is.

So who was it that killed the "traditional" 0%  node? I haven't trolled the game for a month or two and this happens? Somehow I've lost a good chunk of respect for the community now.

Economics. 0% tax nodes were always unsustainable. It's just that nobody wanted to challenge Space Confed in a sufficiently concerted and organized fashion to show this, until ICE saved up hundreds of millions of credits over a period of months and came at Sechura with a very effective plan.

Other alliances, including Eclipse, have tried to restore Sechura to 0%, but they simply can't do it. The funds aren't there and the community is unwilling to support a 0% tax rail with no BP against someone who puts up tons of BP.

From what I can tell, it changed hands during the DS conflict transition from PVE to PVP. During this time things were just in testing phase, with defending alliances left vulnerable since people couldn't join into games without a full team. This allowed attackers to actively join the conflict while defenders were stuck with specters defending their stations. It sucked and still does.

I understand how people would want BP but places like Sechura were better to sustain flash farming from rather than playing a DSC a few times.

So who was it that killed the "traditional" 0%  node? I haven't trolled the game for a month or two and this happens? Somehow I've lost a good chunk of respect for the community now.

Dark Sectors changed.  It's gone from being community-vote (showing support by running a specific mission) to direct PvP conflicts.

So the clans and alliances that beat others are PvP (whether it be with legit fights, cheap tactics, or less-than-liked methods) take control.

So no, it's not the community.  The clans/alliances who take the sectors and set the taxes are the one who... are taking the sectors and setting the taxes.

Edited by Rydian

Ultimately, the change from PvE to PvP enabled it so you didn't need community support to sustain a rail - Just a really big clan. This made it easy for powerful clans to take over high traffic rails and keep them without having to rely on low taxes to keep the community's support.

If you really want a no tax rail, don't rail the rails with taxes.

Edited by DBugII

More entitled players who think 0% should be the norm. It costs to make a rail, it costs to maintain one. Why should anyone go through the trouble of that and not get anything from it?

Funny how Tyrants have been using the same logic since the dawn of humanity. "I raised this army, I deserve to tax my conquered peasants."

Edited by Archistopheles

Your all making it sound like Dark Sectors is a failed experiment.

I really miss Space Confederation :( DS aren't even worth doing currently, all you're accomplishing is lining the pockets of some greedy alliances. All the good maps are taxed to hell (no, LotE, I won't do Ceres, worst map, F-off...). Free Pluto and Jupiter!!! Death to the usurpers!

Seriously DE, when can I siege ICE, V or LotE's Dojo? Maybe they will stop with the ridiculous overtaxing when I blow up all their labs and trading area, and plunder their Vaults.

It's unfortunate, I really like DS for XP farming (namely Pluto and Jupiter), but the way these alliances run them is a crime (maybe DE is more guilty for allowing it in the first place)... If I could do rail conflicts and support some small alliance that wouldn't tax so much I would, but as it stands the current PvP system is one of the worst ever implemented in a game. At this point I hope they buff the S#&$ out of the Infested making all DS pretty much equal and impossible... you can't perch when you are getting sniped (these mobs ARE coming). No one will run them anymore and greedy alliances won't get rich off other people's work, thereby removing their incentive to be landlords at all.