De, Please Give Us An Option In The Settings To Change Back To The Old Mod Ui, Like You Did With The Old Color Engine.

StickyBaseline

DE, a big majority of all players really dislike the new mod UI, please, pleeease could you at least give us an option for the old alternative? like you did with the color engine? 

The the major problems with this UI change in u14.5 is that mod images are nearly non-existant. so there's no way to remember how the mods looked like, scrolling from the side doesn't help here at all, and lastly you can't recognize a mod just from the name. Modding is almost 3x slower and more infuriating then pre-u14.5. 

Another glaring error in this UI is the new dots to see if you have upgraded a mod or not, they're almost just 5 pixels big and no new player will notice: "oh I can probably upgrade these mods" since the dots just looks like they're a fancy detail to the card! 

Also, color blind people have an even harder time to see if how far they have modded a card. 

Please DE, give us an alternative to change back to the old UI.

A big majority? A bit of an exaggeration there mate.

^^^^^^

1)you can't recognize a mod just from the name.

2)Modding is almost 3x slower and more infuriating then pre-u14.5. 

3)Please DE, give us an alternative to change back to the old UI.

1) Yes, I can.

2) No, it isn't. It's faster.

3) Really selfish of you to expect them to redevelop and manage two different UI systems because you can't adapt to change. People had the same issues with the new Navigation and they worked with the developers to improve it and give decent feedback until it got where it is now. It's loads better than the old star chart.

How about some actual feedback to help improve it rather than "get rid of it, kthxbai."

Edited by JohnProdman

I find this a normal reaction because of how drastic the change was for the way you need to pick out mods.  The only thing I hate about the new mod UI is that you scroll horizontally now instead of vertically, but that's just a minor annoyance.  I'd also like them to have the mods in full card mode when you equip them just because it looks better imo but also just a minor thing.

I always picked my mods based on polarity then name that's how I sorted them after all.  However before U14.5 the pictures were easier to pick out while names were not since the names were so small.  So since now that the names are bigger its easier to just pick out by name (which for me made it easier) but if you relied on the picture to pick your mods then I understand your hardship.

IMO, I think you just need to give it more time.

DE has stated that the UI is not backwards compatible so they would have to rebuild the old UI if they wanted to let us use it again and according to a hot topics poll the majority of players like the new UI although I would bet all my plat that most of them just like the ship and don't even realize that they could have both the new ship and the old UI plus the improvements like staying in squads when the mission ends and only displaying certain polarities in the modding screen which is the only part of the new UI that I actually like.

Well, i can agree that remembering pictures(shapes and colours) is easier then names, but it's not like we can't see the any pictures at all. To be honest the way it is now makes it a lot easier to associate names with what they do. It comes down to getting used to it. Just like people learned to rely on the pictures at first. Is that inconvenient at first? Sure, depending on how much you relied on the pictures rather then the names it will be, but that's just temporary.

As far as the upgrade dots go, I can only say I don't see the issue personally :/. 

And no, you are not a vast majority :D

All in all, going through mods is a lot faster now due to better use of space. Took me a day to adjust, I don't see any reason to go back at all.

Why does everyone use the colorblind argument.

I'm colorblind and I can see the color-coding just fine. Absolutely fine, in fact. The only problem I have is distinguishing Rare and Common, but even then, Common looks 'toastier' in the bronze, which makes it distinguishable. Also, doesn't this game have colorblind mode? I'm pretty sure it does.

Edited by HunterHog

topic starter DE do not learn or admit their mistakes. Instead they make it worse and turn it into a "feature". I thought you should have learned that by now.

Every developer is trying to minimize amount of menus, sub menues, amount of clicks in their application in order to make it easier for a user to navigate. But not the Digital Extremes, when three clicks to open a menu is better than one.

Where is my ergonomics? where is my simplicity? gone in order to bring interactivity into the game. And to hell with consequences! Hype traaaaain!11

Edited by Althix

^^^^^^

1) Yes, I can.

2) No, it isn't. It's faster.

3) Really selfish of you to expect them to redevelop and manage two different UI systems because you can't adapt to change. People had the same issues with the new Navigation and they worked with the developers to improve it and give decent feedback until it got where it is now. It's loads better than the old star chart.

How about some actual feedback to help improve it rather than "get rid of it, kthxbai."

I never said "get rid of it" I suggested they did the same as they did with the old color engine.

While I respect your opinion of the UI and understand your frustration, getting an optional toggle between the New UI and Old UI simply will not and can not happen. The UI guys themselves have said that, with the way the current UI functions with the rest of the game, making it to where a toggle would be in place would simply be impossible and incompatible. 

I completely agree with you, but sadly the veterans literally do not see the problem with the new UI.  New and learning players are going to either find the new UI insurmountable or not fun enough to stay - like me.  That's a shame, because there's a great game there and the changes made add nothing major for the veterans and block new players from learning the game.

Sadly, the many "I love it" posts I've seen as responses are always from veteran players who seem to have an almost Apple-like zeal for whatever they're presented with.  Love it or leave it, indeed.

I completely agree with you, but sadly the veterans literally do not see the problem with the new UI.  New and learning players are going to either find the new UI insurmountable or not fun enough to stay - like me.  That's a shame, because there's a great game there and the changes made add nothing major for the veterans and block new players from learning the game.

Sadly, the many "I love it" posts I've seen as responses are always from veteran players who seem to have an almost Apple-like zeal for whatever they're presented with.  Love it or leave it, indeed.

Actually I've found it's often the opposite.

Veterans used to the old system usually are the ones complaining because they are having trouble transitioning, but new players are just fine with it as they never played on the old system.

Honestly though, I'd prefer the current UI because it doesn't kick you ut of squads when the matches are over. 

that feature has nothing to do with the UI tho, it could easily have been part of U13, U12 etc, its got nothing in common with the either ui, its simply your team not disbanding after a mission.

Actually I've found it's often the opposite.

Veterans used to the old system usually are the ones complaining because they are having trouble transitioning, but new players are just fine with it as they never played on the old system.

except theres a new player right above you which you even quoted saying hes new and hes not fine with it.

also using the excuse new players who didnt use u13 are fine with it is a terrible reason, the new system is supposedly better just because new players are ignorant of the old system?  that sounds like a pi** poor reason.

I thought I might as well add my name to the hater list.

I can deal with the hidden mods and use the mod names,

But give me back my goddamn vertical menus.

Scrolling down with the scroll wheel means that the menu is supposed to move down, not left.