Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Archwing Melee Lunge : Will It Be Added To The Normal Missions Too?

Babalenong

Just as the title says, the melee lunge that seems to be present in the archwing sections (shown at devstream #36) looks extremely useful for normal missions too, i know we always had that moment where our melee doesnt reach the enemy by 1mm, thus missing completely. The arrival of lunge would make combos that do thrusting or jumping attacks be more useful since you can possibly clear a room by doing these combos, thus buffing melee again for good purposes

will you support lunge in normal missions or just make it stay at archwing sections? personally i want it on normal missions

discuss!

I want arcwings in normal missions. Imagine it: you're inside a Corpus ship, and you're in trouble. You message for help and drop a waypoint, and then lure a bunch of enemies into one of those window rooms. Your friend flies by and blasts out the windows, and proceeds to wipe the floor with whatever enemies were unfortunate enough to get caught in the room with you. 

We used to have lunge attacks on many of the stances. DE removed them because people complained lunging is bad... So even if we did get a weapon THAT IS SUPPOSED TO LUNGE... someone will complain it shouldnt be in the game... Man those people ruined the Nikana, and just about every weapon that had a lunge technique in the game for me... Seriously they removed Spinzaku from the Nikana... who complained on that one!?

So don't hold your breath the community will just bash on it till DE removes the lunge capability...

We used to have lunge attacks on many of the stances. DE removed them because people complained lunging is bad... So even if we did get a weapon THAT IS SUPPOSED TO LUNGE... someone will complain it shouldnt be in the game... Man those people ruined the Nikana, and just about every weapon that had a lunge technique in the game for me... Seriously they removed Spinzaku from the Nikana... who complained on that one!?

So don't hold your breath the community will just bash on it till DE removes the lunge capability...

What are you talking about? All the attacks where the Tenno lunges with the Nikana is still here. The lunging won't occur only if you're running at the same time, but if you perform the combo while standing still, the lunging will be done. Some other stances, like Swirling Tiger and Bleeding Willow, still have their lunges by default.

The difference between those lunges and the Archwing lunge attack is that the latter is actually always useful because it has a soft targeting system. That means the Tenno will close in distance the right way and unleach the attack only right when they reach the enemy, not before or after passing them, which is someting MANY of us have been suggesting for regular melee as a default attack for all weapons. This is similar to Devil May Cry's Dante attack called Stinger I think.

This was touched upon in two topics that got quite a lot of feedback. This is the first one by Lumireaver, while the second one, full with illustration by the TC himself, is by Calayne.

Edited by Casardis

What are you talking about? All the attacks where the Tenno lunges with the Nikana is still here. The lunging won't occur only if you're running at the same time, but if you perform the combo while standing still, the lunging will be done. Some other stances, like Swirling Tiger and Bleeding Willow, still have their lunges by default.

The difference between those lunges and the Archwing lunges is that the latter is actually useful because it has a soft targeting system. That means the Tenno will close in distance the right way and unleach the attack only right when they reach the enemy, not before or after passing them, which is someting MANY of us have been suggesting for regular melee as a default attack for all weapons. This is similar to Devil May Cry's Dante attack called Stinger I think.

This was touched upon in two topics that got quite a lot of feedback. This is the first one by Lumireaver, while the second one, full with illustration by the TC himself, is by Calayne.

I used to be able to spam leaping through air lunge attacks with the Nikana... I can no longer achieve this technique anymore at all. Its as if the combo was removed entirely from the game.

As for the attack he was saying having this attack in normal game mode. Meaning not in space, but on the ground... Unless he meant giving arch wing weapons a lunge technique instead of having us fly up to them.

Now as for locking on to an enemy I can agree on this. We don't have this, and alot of attacks tend to have us flying by them for whatever reason. Not even in a good way like they do in Metal Gear Rising where you can recover from it in a cool fashion by quickly turning around and springing a new combo on the enemy. Which is something I wish we could do considering they have it so we now attack the enemy closest to us with melee.