Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing And The Thrill Of Random Missions

DaWolv

Disclaimer: I am usually always up to speed when it comes to information, but I have been living in internet hell for a few weeks now and haven`t had time and (literal) energy to keep up with the forums. If my concerns have been addressed already, feel free to ignore this threat.

So Archwing....

I love the concept, I watched Devstream 36 and I am pumped!

The only "problem" I see with it was already discussed (somewhat) in the stream: Where do we get it and do we want to lock players out of that content initially.

I agree that this is the perfect oportunity for another quest - it simply makes sense.

Even the whole Stalker Idea was genious!

and here comes the but:

What I like most about Warframe are the surprise interuptions in missions. Stalker, G3 and Harvester have (at least in the beginning) been a challange and offered a change of pace. When I first saw the Archwing trailer, I thought that this too would be a kind of surprise mission diversion.

Think about it, you do a random mission and all of the sudden the ship gets torn apart by the opposite faction, forcing you to deploy Archwing.

The problem with that then would be, if you get Archwing from a quest, you can't "force" people into this situation if they can't participate.

I have a (sort of) solution to this: Make separate quests for each Archwing type, but give every Tenno a "Standart Issue"-Archwing (MK1?! :D) with very basic equipment so they can use it when the situation arises.

SIDEBAR: As stated above, surprise mission changes are what fascinated me the most about Warframe, and I hope going forward you will do a lot more in regards to this. Currently I have no reason to revisit older planets and missions unless I'm doing Survival or Defense. Special ad-hoc quests, gameplay changes and surprise challanges could really help re-validate a huge chunk of the game, which most people have already forgotten about (What's a deception mission and why should I care?)

Edited by DaWolv

I think that's a good point, but it does run the risk of "forcing" people into gameplay that they don't like. I'm still fully in support of the idea.

However, for the first week of Archwing release it should not be random (or possibly two weeks) because that will be the main bug phase of it.

I think that's a good point, but it does run the risk of "forcing" people into gameplay that they don't like. I'm still fully in support of the idea.

However, for the first week of Archwing release it should not be random (or possibly two weeks) because that will be the main bug phase of it.

Good point.. dem bugs be crazy!