Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TRINITY is useless as support.

nzzero

Blessing is okay, but it shouldn't even mention that it grants 'invunerability' because I haven't noticed anything longer than a 1-2 second break in damage. The animation to stand back up after using it lasts longer than that. The problem with it is that there's no way to tell when your teammates actually NEED the heal. Unless you have voice chat or something setup, at least. It would be more useful, imo, if it had the ability to revive downed (not dead) teammates, or if they changed it so you could see when someone was in danger. Well, that and the span between 'lost shields' and 'dead' is about two seconds, which is about the same as its cast time.

If you hold Z it shows everyones healthbars, i havent found a way to toggle it so i can continue moving around.

Not sure if it works on teammates but if you're about to be knocked into a downed state, hit a mob with well,then shoot it and it will revive you if you happen to fall.

i like support where you target the enemy instead of the ally. When the support targets the ally depending on the level of cooperation the ally gives; playing support can be extremely easy or extremely frustrating. When an ally wants to get healed, its extremely easy to heal them because they are going to make it as easy as possible to get healed. When you have to target the enemy, the enemy isn't going to make themselves easier to land hits on; so it guarentees the scaling difficulty every other class has in the game when progressing through the game.

I agree with this. The only problem I see is that in a four player co-op it's not wise to make players "need" a certain class. So while trinity should be supportive it should also be independant, and so should every other frame.

Definitely agree with this. I have a Trinity frame building right now, gonna need to test it.

In my experiences with playing Trinity she actually seems above average. I mean, she's not Volt who clears the entire mission with overload, but she enables him to do it repeatedly. Link is most certainly not broken, in fact it works quite well for defense as well as offense since it reflects damage to a nearby enemy, and hey, it's freaking funny watching a Disruptor Ancient knock himself over and go "What the frack?" or have the guy at Everest practically take down his own shields while others decimate his hps because I'm pretty sure it puts enemies further up on the list than it does allies. Even then, you could just have your allies back away a bit. All in all, I'm kinda diggin the current Trinity.

Perhaps allowing players to choose between two different versions of the abilities to add possibilities and defining the character more in their own way?

This way players could steer Trinity in a direction that they would want instead of being stuck with what they have.

Large packs of normal enemies just get instagibbed by Overload though so I don't think that'd be the best direction to go.. I feel like sustained support would be best.

That's more an issue with Overload than anything. I still think that AoE debuffs are the way to go. Promotes aggressive play, gives her the actual support utility, and make her still viable for solo.

So it seems the AoE idea for the 1 and 2 abilities is highly supported. A way to switch between AoE and single target forms between missions may be preferable, but the general public seems to be in favor of an AoE at the very least. It would be very nice if DE would chime in, if for nothing else than to let us know if that's even possible within the constraints of the game.

Got Trinity today and have ranked it up to level 15.

Here is my suggestions on improvement of that "support" class.

Right now - it's not support at all.

Skills.

1. Well of Life is almost useless because of Shields - the prior stat. Then shields are gone and health starts to decrease - all normal players tries to hide and regenerate their shield. So to make this ability useful it should be like: All allies in range of 20 meters receive 50% less damage for 10 seconds. They also gain 50 health and cure toxins. While under buff players have white aura. Duration can be encreased 2 times to the 20 seconds maximum.

2. Energy vampire - it's a good skill. Very good on bosses. But it has one flaw - using it on normal enemies in party. Countless amount of times I've used this skill on "fat" enemy and then some excalibur kills it with one hit. Maybe he gains some energy, but I don't, neither the other allies. So to avoid that situation - if the enemy with that debuff on it dies and trinity has less than 50 energy - trinity's energy should be set to 50.

3. %^&% boo - I've used that skill only once. For 8 hours of gameplay as trinity only one time that skill was useful. It should be changed to: target ally for 10 seconds reflect all incoming damage. If none ally targeted - trinity uses that skill on itself, but reflect only 50% of damage (receive 50% less damage and return 50% of damage). Duration 10-15-20 seconds.

4. Blessing - Good skill, but I think one more add would be great - within 30 meters range all enemies get "slow" debuff (like from ice attack). Also, while invulnerability goes - trinity gains energy "on hit".

The point of "support" class is to buff allies and debuff enemies. As often as possible. So Trinity's energy should always be full or at least on 50 to cast Vampire skill.

Edited by Aichan

Also, I think Trinity should revive faster (and maybe receive less damage while doing it) and have by default an aura of slow health regeneration. Like by 1 HP in a sec in 30 meters range.

Edited by Aichan

Trinity is the character I play. I COMPLETELY agree that her powers are nearly useless. Also a problem with the ability #4 is how long it takes to activate. The only time you will need to do an energy and health refill is in a clutch situation, and with the time it takes to use the heal, you will likely be too late.

I hope the character I bought gets improved!

The Ultimate of Trinity takes so long to activate, it almost cannot cover a clutch moment. It's either too slow to save or there would have been enough time to not die in the first place. If the ultimate would also revive and have a larger radius, maybe it would be better.

Suggestions:

Title: Trinity revised ability set

1: Well of Life 25 Energy - Trinity designates a pulsating area that heals the Tennos' wounds.

Special: Diameter is 2.5m (3yds), heals 20 hitpoints / second.

Boost: +0.5m (0.66yds) diameter, +5hp/s per.

2: Energy Transfer 50 Energy - Trinity draws upon the energy of her enemies to charge her allies.

Special: DoT on enemies in AoE, 25dmg/s, Energy HoT on allies in AoE, +10E/s, diameter 15m (17yds), duration: 5s.

Boost: +5dmg, +3Energy, +5m diameter, +1s duration per.

3: False Marytr 75 Energy - Trinity repells some damage for the duration of the ability.

Special: Duration is 5s, reflection is 50%, damage reduction is 25%.

Boost: +2s duration, +10% reflection, +5% reduction per.

4: Revigorize 100 Energy - Trinity undoes the damage done to her allies in range.

Special: Diameter is 20m, heals 150 shield, 150 health, gives HoT (+5hp/s) and damage reduction 25% for 5 seconds to all in AoE

Boost: +2.5m diameter, +25 shield/health, +2hp/s, +5% reduction, +1s duration per.

Edited by Ced23Ric

Somehow, I always find myself agreeing with Ced23Ric (reminds me of the Firefall forums). Those are some awesome, specific examples of fair changes for this class.

On a side note, I hit 30 on Trinity. After realizing almost nothing helps her powers, I started stacking nothing but Armor. With this spec, I can destroy bosses without the slightest worry of being killed (excluding Jackal's grenade volley). Shields are useless now, but Armor can negate tons of damage; combined with the Well of Life ability, I'm able to tank. A little bit of an odd scenario, since this is a support class. Things clearly need refining.

I don't see an issue with Trinity's Skillset, currently. Only because the only time you require trinity is bosses and heavy swarms. There are much worse frames out there.

A.) Ash

B.) Volt - After you get over the "Overload" skill, it's not really to impressive. It shines here and there, but after you can't use a room for overload you only have the Ele Shield to fall back on.

As for offensive skillsets... yes all frames have much better offensive skillsets. However, I'm not sure if any frame can compare to Excaliber's "Slash Dash".

What I would recommend would be the following.

Well of Life - Keeps current effects, however if target dies with effect all team members are healed for a % of the target's HP. Or just a simple group HoT for that same amount for group remembers.

Energy Vampire - Follow the same rules above for Well of Life, except for Energy.

Link - Nothing is required to be changed

Blessing - Is fine as is.

I'd rather see Ash reworked over any other frame, to be fair it is quite depressing. And of course maybe allowing Loki to be more offensive in some cases.

I don't see an issue with Trinity's Skillset, currently. Only because the only time you require trinity is bosses and heavy swarms. There are much worse frames out there.

A.) Ash

B.) Volt - After you get over the "Overload" skill, it's not really to impressive. It shines here and there, but after you can't use a room for overload you only have the Ele Shield to fall back on.

As for offensive skillsets... yes all frames have much better offensive skillsets. However, I'm not sure if any frame can compare to Excaliber's "Slash Dash".

What I would recommend would be the following.

Well of Life - Keeps current effects, however if target dies with effect all team members are healed for a % of the target's HP. Or just a simple group HoT for that same amount for group remembers.

Energy Vampire - Follow the same rules above for Well of Life, except for Energy.

Link - Nothing is required to be changed

Blessing - Is fine as is.

I'd rather see Ash reworked over any other frame, to be fair it is quite depressing. And of course maybe allowing Loki to be more offensive in some cases.

Volt can rush maps like no other frame can atm. Speed and overload easily make him one of the best frames. Besides, overload alone is so OP that it's impossible to say volt is bad. Energy siphon and some power efficency mods can easily allow you to clear one room after the other :|

Edited by Aggh

Volt can rush maps like no other frame can atm. Speed and overload easily make him one of the best frames. Besides, overload alone is so OP that it's impossible to say volt is bad. Energy siphon and some power efficency mods can easily allow you to clear one room after the other :|

I don't deny any of that, I personally don't feel Overload should be "Oh hai, I can nuke 1/4 to 1/2 of the map.". But that's another topic. I'm mostly posting it because of people "claiming" the current skillset is useless.

It's not "useless" persay, but certainly not up to par. As was said, you only use her abilities on heavies and bosses. Now, I may be the only one here who can't solo faceroll Pluto with my eyes closed, but on Pluto missions I need to heal more often than once per boss/heavy. Furthermore, when I'm surrounded, hitting one weak enemy with ability 1 or 2 is not enough to fill a bar. Therefore, the proposition has been made by many for reforming these abilities to have some sort of AoE effect, be it centered on the frame, or from a point on the ground.

It's not about the frame being unplayable, or even the powers being bad; the implementation and usage of these powers simply needs a bit of tweaking. I will agree that other frames may need work too (perhaps total overhauls), and those should be justly prioritized. Still, I'd at least like to see work on Trinity making the list for planned future development.

Edited by Chrysalis

idk what you people have ! trinity is great and i even call her BROKEN OP, with any weapon you gain nearly 200 energy on any energy vamped mob, you can spam your ultimate all @(*()$ day, you cannot die, and people love you for using energy vamp on "mini bosses" like ancients etc.

the only problem i have link doesnt work or is just completely useless as said

I've played Trinity exclusively for over 30 hours. She's currently very strong on her own but if she is going to be classified as "support", her abilities need to be adjusted. Currently, all but Link are useful in solo play. I wont say more on Link, Its very lackluster and I never use it. You can go from 10 hp to full off of Well even on normal foes if you get a headshot with the Sniper(which I use a lot) and the same goes for Energy Vampire. Blessing is great too for when you really need it(OH S#&$! moments etc). But for coop... yes she's not very good at support outside of boss fights

I think keeping the healing and energy leech based off damage done is the right way to go. Rather than have the abilities target individual mobs, It should affect Trinity and emit a green(healing) aura and maybe blue(energy) a short distance around her where if you and your allies stay in this area and attack, you gain the health/energy. This should not be a static aura but one that follows Trinity. It would allow her to still benefit from it as well as all allies nearby and keeps everyone moving forward and being aggressive which this game is about. Blessing is fine as is. Link needs to be completely changed or removed in place of another ability. I think a damage reduction Aura would be a great Idea. Keeping in line with the first two abliities, have her emit a small aura where her and any allies in it stand, they would say take, 50% less damage. Add in a UI tweak to show ally Health and sheilds, Hell, even energy too, and with these changes she would actually be able to support as well as remain a viable solo Warframe.

TL:DR - Trinity is great solo, but needs her abilities to be AOE for coop "support"

Suggested Ability changes:

Well - No longer marks a target for life leech. Rather, Trinity emits a mobile aura around her self that causes her and all allies within the aura to gain life off of damage delt to enemies. Lasts ~ 3/5/8 seconds at rank up

Energy Vampire - No longer marks a target for energy leech. Rather, Trinity emits a mobile aura around her self that causes her and all allies within the aura to gain energy off of damage delt to enemies. Lasts ~ 3/5/8 seconds at a reduced acquisition rate than current

NEW ABILITY - Trinity glows/emits a mobile aura around her self that sheilds her and allies within range for a % damage reduction, figure 15/25/35% damage reduction at level up in skill tree. Lasts ~ 5/8/12 seconds

Blessing - Perfect as is. But for my own personal satisfaction, swap out the invulnerable period and replace instead with a faster cast time and it instantly picks up a downed ally!!!!!!! <----- PLEASE DE! <3

Honestly, Her base skill set is brilliant but to actually transition into a proper support role, I think this method of allowing nearby allies to gain the benefits of life/energy leech is a much better method than marking a single target which often times gets killed before either Trinity gains her energy/HP back off it, or worse, the player who NEEDED the HP/energy gets a chance to damage it. This way, groups of players could rally around Trinity to gain hp/energy while still moving forward and being aggressive in keeping with the pace of the game.

Edited by oGsShadow

I don't think that Trinity needs another power to mitigate damage - she basically already has Well of Life and Blessing to do that. I'd rather like to see her get a power to increase the damage output of her and her team. I'm just going to repeat my suggested change of Link:

The mechanic of Link should be changed - instead of linking Trinity with an ally/enemy near her, it should link multiple enemies and causing all of them to be damaged by a percentage of the damage dealt to any of them. Basically an enemy hit by direct fire would receive 100% of the damage, all enemies linked with him would receive a certain percentage of the damage (eg 20% on the first level of Link).

After all Warframes have been developed for combat so it would be nice to give her the ability to deal damage to the enemy instead of just mitigating incoming damage and basically making her a medic with a gun.

I play the Trinity Warfram and I love it. I agree that the first two abilites are hard to use on most enemies for the fact they drop soo fast, even without useing the others using OP warframe abilities. It would be nice to see it cast on multiple enemies at once. Well of Life shows an AOE like charge arround your target. If that would add the ability to all the enemies with in that area the same affect i think that it could make it more usable thru some of the stages with the weeker enemies.If Energy Vamp did the same, that would be great. You could even make it so that its base gets divided between all the enemies that it is casted on too. My only problem with Blessing is the fact that it has such a long cast time, then it takes a little bit after the cast time to take its effect. That very well could just be me, I do try to save enough energy to use it in a pinch and sometimes that pinch was just to little to late.

I've been using Trinity solo a LOT recently, and I've found that she rocks hard for private play. Her first two skills are really fun when you are alone, as long as you use high damage weapons. I've found that stacking health/armor is really effective, and allows her survivability to shoot through the roof. Her damage output and mobility suffer, but I've yet to die playing Trinity with this setup. My main problem is that she was meant to be a support frame, and the only skill she has that lasts long enough to actually help a group is her Blessing, which takes a long time to cast. Maybe as an alternative to reducing the cast time, allow it to revive downed allies instantly? Energy vampire is probably fine where it is, but I'm sure there are ways to alter Well of Life to make it more group friendly.

Agree with all. The problem with the Trinity at the moment is that enemies die to quickly for energy vampire and well of life to be useful. Link doesn't last long enough and again, enemies die too quickly. The Trinitys current skill set is only useful vs bosses. Ultimate is fine (if a little overpowered, 100 energy doesn't cost much).

The problem is that the game isn't really hard enough (even on pluto) for the Trinity to be useful, a reduction in shield/increase in HP/increase in effectiveness of armor would greatly help. The only thing I really use on Trinity is the 4th ability when someones been hit, because by the time it's needed again I'm back to 100 energy.

I'd suggest skill one swaps to either a targeted channeled heal or an targeted instant heal, rather than just dropping a health orb. The Trinity needs to be able to assist specific targets quickly to be a proper support. A boost for this could heal the Trinity for a % of the amount healed (really shouldn't be getting hit as a support class).

Skill two could give energy to allies from your pool (so cost 25 energy to give 50 energy to an ally).

Skill three could either provide a shield or trade health for energy (that way to have enough to heal).