Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas Damage Sucks Against Everything

PeanutMonster

Gas sucks against the Grineer, it sucks against the Corpus, and with one Ancient walking a amdist a sea of regulars, Gas damage can instantly see you losing your mission. These are facts. Gas sucks as a damage type, and the Toxicant needs its aura to do something else. Like, say, taint the surrounding Infested's attacks with toxic damage. It'd make Infested just as dangerous, and discourage the universality of all-shield builds, thus improve load out diversity. Which is a good thing, get you lovely monkies thinking about how to play the game again.

I agree, the aura is pretty annoying as it is, could use a change.

As for all-shield builds, I don't know what u're talking about `-` my frames go for health/shield depending on which frame they are... it's not like I'd be like "Well, lemme add Redirection and Vigor, YAY SHIELDS"

Electric can be paired with Viral and Blast too, which are generally more effective at straight damage for non proc weapons, and are equally great procs for proc weapons, if not better ones when not run with specialized support. 

Gas/Elec is but one combo, and although good only works roughly as effectively as many other combos when applied to elemental weapons with high/decent status chance and crowd grouping abilities. It requires more effort to be roughly equal, and without that specialization is less valuable.

This is not a complaint of viability, but of unreasonable balance and counterintuitive design.  

Viral doesnt have the advantages of extra heal and potential CC damage though for higher HP enemies it can be better in terms of kills

Blast elec is a double CC. Thats kind of wasted

If you have a high attack speed build >Hi< you can make great use of gas and elec together

Blast elec is a double CC. Thats kind of wasted

If you have a high attack speed build >Hi< you can make great use of gas and elec together

I doubt the heal lost is significant, and gas doesn't CC as far as I've seen. For heavy units and straight damage, it is almost always superior.

On physical weapons, double AoE CC is better than single, as you're not proccing all that often your desired element, you want the extra odds. 

You can, but it isn't any more significant than running other combos. And on more spread out enemy layouts, which are more common, you are always better off using other elements. That is the problem with gas damage, it is too situational compared to every other element. It requires a crowd, and it requires abilities to make a crowd. It also requires specific high proc no physical spreads. It needs a dedicated set up, where as any other is roughly as effective without one. 

I doubt the heal lost is significant, and gas doesn't CC as far as I've seen. For heavy units and straight damage, it is almost always superior.

On physical weapons, double AoE CC is better than single, as you're not proccing all that often your desired element, you want the extra odds. 

You can, but it isn't any more significant than running other combos. And on more spread out enemy layouts, which are more common, you are always better off using other elements. That is the problem with gas damage, it is too situational compared to every other element. It requires a crowd, and it requires abilities to make a crowd. It also requires specific high proc no physical spreads. It needs a dedicated set up, where as any other is roughly as effective without one. 

What weapon do you use and with what build?

I have no issue constantly stun locking any enemies with gas and electric, especially after switching to berserker for that crazy high attack speed boost

Dont forget that increasing attack speed greatly affects status chances and as long as you dont eat through all of your energy you can use the extra gas DOT for a hefty heal boost

Why are infested even "vulnerable" to gas, they breed in highly toxic enviroment with contaminated air and fungus covering walls and floors.

If it was so easy to kill them grineer and corpus could just release gas into infested ships and get rid of problem without any problem.

If something any nonheavy grineer should vulnerable to gas since these units dont even wear helmets and corpus crewmens without helmet should take extra dmg from gas.

Why are infested even "vulnerable" to gas, they breed in highly toxic enviroment with contaminated air and fungus covering walls and floors.

If it was so easy to kill them grineer and corpus could just release gas into infested ships and get rid of problem without any problem.

If something any nonheavy grineer should vulnerable to gas since these units dont even wear helmets and corpus crewmens without helmet should take extra dmg from gas.

They resist toxin because of that

Gas is a mix of fire and toxin and is somehow different

Im guessing its just a type of toxin that really gets to them

They resist toxin because of that

Gas is a mix of fire and toxin and is somehow different

Im guessing its just a type of toxin that really gets to them

More logical explanation would be "because they did in dark sector" but in warframe it should be no problem to just gas whole ship and then easily vent it.

More logical explanation would be "because they did in dark sector" but in warframe it should be no problem to just gas whole ship and then easily vent it.

If that were the case wed do it to every faction

This is a game though so something like that would take too much away from it