Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Help! Running Warframe

GSYNC2

Question

ok guys now my computers specs are not the best ever but even still they beat the minimum requirements to run the game.

now the game will run etc. but at times its laggy and I get low frame rate (29 can be less) on full screen while its windowed the frame rate will higher but I have to make the window too small and its impossible to play like that. I've tried messing with all display options etc. still I'm having a hard time with it.

below i'll put my specs and min specs help and tell me what im doing wrong! Thankyou!  

Min specs -

Processor: Intel Core 2 duo e6400

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT

Directx 9.0c

MY PC SPECS -

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU

Memory: 6GB Ram

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 610

Directx 11

8 answers to this question

Oh and also,  this may help you as well!  Good old Letter13 has posted this-- It definitely improved my performance.. I had 3 out of 4 cores parked on my PC apparently for I don't know how long :/  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/289244-framerate-drops-high-cpu-loads-cpu-overheating-this-might-fix-it-cpu-core-unparking/

Also- If you don't mind me asking, what resolution are you playing in and what is the Brand/model number of the monitor you are playing on?  I may be able to guide you through some Nvidia control panel tweaks that will help.

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012
Asking for additional Info

My Nvidia Drivers are up to date I always keep them updated

my monitor is a HP w1907s

and my cores are unparked still nothing really helping

and ive tried all types of resolutions

Edited by GSYNC2

Did you try running the defragger on the warframe launcher?  Recently DEGlen did "something" I'm not exactly sure what, but it essentially goes through and organizes the files a bit (I think this is mainly to help with loading times, but it may help I don't know)... aside from that, have you tried forcing Vsync and tripple buffering on through your Nvidia control panel?  Depending on what HZ your monitor is putting out this will either increase or decrease your performance.  

For example if your Video card is capable of putting out 240 hz but your monitor is only putting out 60, then enabling Vsync in your nvid control panel may help as this will limit your video card to putting out only what your monitor is capable of displaying - there's no since in having your card dish out insane HZ if your monitor isn't going to display it.  Tripple buffering I've read goes hand in hand with V sync, i've also heard that it can cause minimal latency in what you see and what is happening though.  I don't notice anything personally and I keep it on.

All that said- I am now googling your monitor to see exactly what your working with.

Ok I just did alittle research on your graphics card, it looks like it has:

-Max Refresh Rate: 240 Hz 

-Max Analog: 2048 x 1536
-Max Digital: 2560 x 1600 (Dual-Link DVI Only) 

and as for your monitor-- it has, from what I can tell 

-Max Refresh Rate: 60 Hz  

-Native Resolution of 1440 x 900 

So, Vsync forced on may very well help as your monitor is only capable of putting out 60hz  but your Video card may be trying to put out 240 hz thus causing unnecessary load on the GPU.

Also, I don't know what resolution you are running Warframe in, but maybe try setting it to 1440 x 900  OR 1360 x 768 (as the latter is 16:9 Asp Ratio Resolution but 1440 x 900 is 16:10)  So whichever you run in WF just make sure the settings for the Aspect ratio match up with the resolution or just put it on "Auto"  

If none of that helps then -- I am not sure :-(