Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Bast, "the Cat Goddess"

PendraconX

A conceptual summary:

A feline themed, minion summoning, claw wielding warframe whose focus is support.  This warframe could possibly counter some of the new minion spawning mob ideas DE is working on. ;)

This warframe is modeled after the ancient Egyptian goddess Bast, who typically appeared as a lion or cat-headed woman.  Bast was a goddess of protection and defense and the Bast warframe therefore has beginning stats on par with Rhino, Valkyr, or Ash.  Being a "cat goddess", the Bast warframe's powers are feline, as well as defensive in nature:

[Working titles :)]

1. "Lion's Roar"

Bast emits a loud roar causing all enemies within a (front facing) cone shaped area of effect to be stricken with panic (similar to fire proc), and temporarily do less damage.  A "critical hit" causes the enemy to be paralyzed by fear and stop fighting altogether for the effect's duration, including while taking damage.  Chance to score a "critical hit" increases with rank.  [cone attack/debuff with model effects similar to Sonic Boom]

2. "Cat Nap"

Bast emits a pheremone (or casts out a chemical or powder) into the surrounding air that causes all enemies within the area of affect to become comatose (i.e "fall asleep"), for the effect's duration.  However, any damage taken immediately "awakens" the affected target.  Length of "coma" and chance to continue "sleeping" through damage increases with rank (though overall chance remains small).  [AoE defensive attack with model effects similar to Miasma]

3. "Instill Courage"

Bast inspires courage in nearby warframes, allowing them to ignore a percentage of all damage taken while the effect lasts.  Percentage of damage ignored scales with rank.  [group buff with model effects similar to Warcry or Roar (Rhino)]

4. "Summon Ally" (aka "Cat Call")

Bast summons an adult "lioness", or other feline-like creature appropriate to the environment, to her side.  The summoned ally acts like another companion to Bast, defending and fighting alongside her and nearby warframes either for the duration of the summon, until killed by the enemy, or until the mission map is exited (whichever occurs first).  The summoned ally's stats and duration (and 'type'?) scale with the power's rank.  **Only one ally [per Bast] can be summoned at any given time (i.e. no "mutliple summons"; does not impact equipped Kubrows and Sentinels).  In practice, using the summon power makes it unavailable to use again while the current ally remains in play.  [no precedent?  model effects inspired by Kubrow]

Preferred Melee Weapon: "Cat's Claws"

A pair of 5 (ea.) metallic or ceramic "claws" worn over the fingers and thumbs of the Tenno/Warframe.  Primary damage type is "slashing" with a toxin status proc.  Paired with a "Tiger Style" stance mod -- chacterized by vertical slashing attacks with wide sweeping arcs and jab-like finishing strikes performed with palm and finger tips -- a skilled Tenno equipped with this weapon literally "tears her enemies to shreds".

Edited by PendraconX

A good idea. It would need a different name since Valkyr's alt helmet is named Bastet.

However i do like the sound of all the abilities, and a true "cat" frame isn't a bad idea either. Thing is, alot of these abilities share similarities with Valkyr in general other than Cat Nap and Summon Pride.

I could see this as perhaps the frame Valkyr USED to be before the Corpus got to her. But a totally unique frame? I'm not so sure. You'll have to change a few things to make her stand out from Valkyr's set up.

To lokime, Bast is a literal god of Cats, ancient Egypt

As for the frame I certainly like the idea. Maybe she is a new frame like Nova that was bult after dissecting some of Salads Zanukas, and she uses those as her familiar.

Although you might want to change the fourth ability, sounds a lot like Valkyr

To lokime, Bast is a literal god of Cats, ancient Egypt

As for the frame I certainly like the idea. Maybe she is a new frame like Nova that was bult after dissecting some of Salads Zanukas, and she uses those as her familiar.

Although you might want to change the fourth ability, sounds a lot like Valkyr

I thought about that but don't recall Valkyr's being "automatic" the way Ash's Blade Storm is.  I've leveled Valkyr but haven't played her in a while, will definitely give another look.  Thanks.