Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Map Design Problems. Tunnel Map, Locker Rewards.

Vladokapuh

Currently maps are tunnels, there is only one correct way to go. That makes map feel small and uninteresting, and makes them too easy to rush. Now, dont get me wrong, rushing should be viable way to play, but not the only one. Currently if you dont rush, you waste time.

Idea is to make more alternate ways to the goal. Map should show you default waypoints, and also final destination, but there should be atleast 2-3 ways to get there.
That still doesnt fix the problem of not rushing being unrewarding.

If you move slow, open lockers and stuff, you should be rewarded for it, but currently you dont, they give so little that noone really touches them anymore.
They should simply hold more than they currently do.
1. They should have a chance to drop mods. Their droptable should hold each mod that could be dropped from enemies at said map. (Enemies still drop mods, lockers give them as bonus, to those who search through the map)
2. Credits, each of the lockers should give much more credits than they currently do, with a random chance of some bigger ammount. For example each locker could hold for example 3k-100k(i gave random numbers), depending on map and RNG luck.
3. Resources, lockers should drop resources either much more often, or in increased ammounts.
This way we create another VIABLE way to move around the map, and actually building your frame around Master Thief, with Scavenger Kubrow, is a good way to farm up.

Why do i suggest so much rewards from these lockers? Clearing them takes alot time, and so it should be giving good rewards too.

This also improves new player experience. Those often cannot really go for long survivals/defenses to get resources and mods, but they usually move slower and actually open those lockers, just to find them almost empty. Not anymore!
Easier for them to begin crafting their dream weapons and warframes, a bit easier for them to join more powerful players sooner.

Survival and defenses are still better overall, because they also give loads of exp, but if you dont feel like going for long and hard missions, you can just take your new "Scavenger", and enjoy a little more chilled gameplay.

This suggestion adds more ways to play same maps, more ways to get resources and credits, improves new player experience by a bit, allows more map movement freedom, without hurting anyone or his playstyle, only adds another viable playstyle, which we arleady have mods for!

Another thing this helps with, is laggy not opening doors. Doors lagged and wont open? Go around and just find another way. You arent stuck yet.

tl;dr Alternate ways, and more rewards for clearing lockers/lockboxes

Edited by Vladokapuh

I think in an older livestream they said that they are looking into the "more correct path" thing, but I'm not that sure.

1. I agree, lockers should drop mods. Lockboxes perhaps not, but lockers may. It makes kinda more sense than enemies carrying around these mods (however, it wouldn't be good if enemies stopped dropping them.)

2. 3-100k credits from a single drop is way too much. However, I agree that generally they are not that rewarding, some icrease should occour.

3. Often, yeah, that would be great.

I easily get lost in these maps like Eris, Earth, Ceres tile sets. Please don't make it even harder to figure out where's the destination. I like them as they are now.

You get lost in a single tile, there are very big tiles on these maps. Also, if there would be more ways to get to the destination, it would be EASIER to get there, not harder.

Path and waypoint stays as it is now, but more doors are open and you can take another way. Basically more freedom to move around the map, while still easily getting where you are supposed to go.

I think in an older livestream they said that they are looking into the "more correct path" thing, but I'm not that sure.

1. I agree, lockers should drop mods. Lockboxes perhaps not, but lockers may. It makes kinda more sense than enemies carrying around these mods (however, it wouldn't be good if enemies stopped dropping them.)

2. 3-100k credits from a single drop is way too much. However, I agree that generally they are not that rewarding, some icrease should occour.

3. Often, yeah, that would be great.

@1, enemies still drop mods, you just got additional chance to get them from lockers.

@2, i just gave a random numbers. I mostly ment to make that more rewardring, because atm those are useless, which makes Master Thief and Scavenger mods even more useless. 90% time it should be lowest ammount, and very rarely locker should contain more, and VERY VERY rarely, should be huge ammount.

Edited by Vladokapuh

I agree solely with the idea that our current maps don't work well. Nothing else. In my opinion much larger changes need to be made.

With what exactly you disagree with here, why, and what are your ideas to make it better?

This suggestion makes more ways to play same maps, more ways to get resources and credits, improves new player experience by a bit, allows more map movement freedom, without hurting anyone or his playstyle, only adds another viable playstyle, which we arleady have mods for!

Also all of this would be also quite easy to implement.

edit: no auto doublepost merging? :<

Edited by Vladokapuh