Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Warframe Need More Emotions? Feeltrip?

-FrostByte-

idk if this goes in feedback or offtopic or general. I feel this could go in any forum :s

imagine if DE gave us a lot of new characters, a story is built, an epic battle, the people we bonded with perish.

something like the 501st kubrows we didn't see it coming but more time to get attached before ripped apart

I sorta want my frames to go through a moral compass trip choosing who lives and who dies.

as far as we can tell the lotus just sent them into an orokin temple and slaughtered every one

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever. - stalker codex entry

Stalker,valkyr,rhino are the only frames that have some human emotion.... well.. there was boobon sad little corpus clown.

and before someone feeds me the lore text, YOU CAN ONLY REREAD THE LORE SO MUCH

maybe a campaign? I just need my annual feeltrip

Well if you go by Lore it was only right that the Tenno slaughter the Orokin. The Tenno are there to keep the balance. When they helped the Orokin against the Sentinals the Sentianls had too much power and the powerbalance was shifted into their direction. But the Tenno and the Orokin destroyed the Sentinals completly so now there was an absolut imbalance of power since there was no equal oppsite faction. So the only right thing to do for the Tenno was to slaughter each and every Orokin to return to a state of balance.

Depends on how you bring it, warframe is a grindy game, so you do a lot of of the same missions over and over and over again. If those missions happen to have a story, it will be exciting at first, boring after a while and give it enough runs and it will simply be annoying.

Well if you go by Lore it was only right that the Tenno slaughter the Orokin. The Tenno are there to keep the balance. When they helped the Orokin against the Sentinals the Sentianls had too much power and the powerbalance was shifted into their direction. But the Tenno and the Orokin destroyed the Sentinals completly so now there was an absolut imbalance of power since there was no equal oppsite faction. So the only right thing to do for the Tenno was to slaughter each and every Orokin to return to a state of balance.

Sentients*

As for the story, that is seriously stupid, hey let's just slaughter everyone! I'd rather have corrupted Lotus divisions stuff :/

Depends on how you bring it, warframe is a grindy game, so you do a lot of of the same missions over and over and over again. If those missions happen to have a story, it will be exciting at first, boring after a while and give it enough runs and it will simply be annoying.

Depends how it is handled, if done correctly you can replay the same quest 10 times with each time getting more and more exciting ;)

Sentients*

As for the story, that is seriously stupid, hey let's just slaughter everyone! I'd rather have corrupted Lotus divisions stuff :/

Ah right sry, i mix the two all the time. Hm i wouldn't say stupid its just not a human point of view. Its a extremly logic and emotionless view. And i never saw the tenno as emotinal beeings. They just there to keep the balance. And what do we do right now? We slaughter Grineer and Corpus for the same reason. To keep the balance.

Ah right sry, i mix the two all the time. Hm i wouldn't say stupid its just not a human point of view. Its a extremly logic and emotionless view. And i never saw the tenno as emotinal beeings. They just there to keep the balance. And what do we do right now? We slaughter Grineer and Corpus for the same reason. To keep the balance.

Yeah but main story isn't really developed enough, I hope we get some groundbreaking stories though. Making you question your loyalty, seeing what each factions does good and bad, overall scope and ton of philosophical views :D

Would love to see a character you become loyal to and then find out how much of a #$&(% it is (murdering innocents and whatnot).

OP, I think it could be a great thing if the guys at DE hire a story teller, maybe someone who takes hints from Asante or Grimm, and make some multi mission arc events that have a story aspect.

But imagine how hard it would be.  I know if you are an experienced player that you have played through a tile, to then go through the very same next tile. If everyone of these matches are custom made, then as soon as the first one is done the cat is out of the bag.  You have to make it a challenge for thousandth player as best as you can.........or maybe I'm thinking on this too hard.

I fun twist, is to add in a Y N decision, with a 3 second wait with it based on story, for the person who activates it..  If the guy doesn't care about story, then the mission has a chance of being a minimal success.

It'll make peoplpe angry but they willl get that particular part of the story right eventually.  Add the Y N question every five waves, but given a different kind of mission............Well, BAM THERE YOU GO! Change the mission based on the decision, and you got yourself a storyline that will want players to kill other players that drop out early or make wrong decisions!

DE, FIND THIS IDEA PLEASE

Edited by bozz5674

Sentients*

Well, according to Excal's Lore..... well, just read this, its From TvTropes:

• Came Back Wrong: In the Codex entry for the Excalibur Warframe, it is stated that the Orokin hid refugees and survivors of the Orokin/Sentient War in the Void - and when they returned, they came back changed. The Orokin turned these changed into the Tenno, to help fight the war. The Stalker expands on this, and depending on how you read it, the plan had either Gone Horribly Right or Gone Horribly Wrong.

Edit:

Who is to say the Tenno are actually SANE?

I will pull Type-Moon out of my @$$ and say they are Distorted (will we have Tenno with Reality Marbels?)

Edited by Kao-Snake

Actually, this is an interesting question.

Warframe isn't really an RPG in the strictest sense (the ARPG label could apply). It's certainly not a Bioware game and isn't meant to be.

On the other hand, there are some very interesting things going on with the lore which certainly would lend itself to some rather dramatic story telling. Guess we'll see as the lore is slowly filled in.