Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Kubrow Egg Problem With A Simple Solution.

fractal_magnets

The Gradivus Kubrow Egg Dilemma cannot continue!

These ugly dumplings of pain are a sink-hole to misery, when farmed.

We are Tenno! We have the technology!

My simple solution... Stasis!

We have spare stasis slots, why can't we use them?

I have 4 Kubrow and 6 slots. Why can't i just store the eggs in stasis until it's time to make babies?

Once i have 2 eggs in those two free spots and one egg in the "ready state", I will have to make a choice... Stick with 3 eggs or buy more stasis slots.

Plat is still being made and the player base will feel that they have more control over what to breed and when.

This will also remove the stress of the "Grind" I can now casually collect them and use them when the time is right!

Not the current "OMG i have an egg! Now i have to use this stupid thing just in case another one drops" mentality.

"There's nothing worse, in Warframe, than seeing something that's gold and shiny and not being able to pick it up."

Albert Einstein

Thoughts?

thoughts?

- egg farming is horrible since it's limited to low level trash missions and has to be done actively & exclusively with horrible RNG involved.

- limitation on the number of eggs in general is dumb and shouldn't exist. if i buy eggs i can buy as many as i want so why the f. are free players being punished for actually farming them? mind blown.

every other thought on this topic would be directed directly at the kubrows not the eggs so i leave it like that.

just to say the whole kubrow system could use a huge overhaul in functionality to achieve more convinience and less anti-fun elements associated with it.

Any step made towards making the egg-grinding more bearable is a plus in my book.

I have one Kubrow, that I farmed for two days to get. I haven't seen an egg since that day.

I would suggest that you take a Carrier with you. I've seen eggs roll down hills and jump behind the den rubble (where only a Carrier can reach).

They've probably dropped for you but the game is so broken that they were probably buried in/behind the rubble.

I bought my first egg and the second was not that hard to farm . I did E prime like 2 times and the second time the egg dropped.

It's all about luck!

Warframe's RNG is weighted.

I generally get an egg in 5 runs hosting but my clan leader took 21 days to get one to drop while he was hosting.

Needless to say if someone in the clan needs an egg I'm hosting, whether my machine likes it or not.

Warframe's RNG is weighted.

I generally get an egg in 5 runs hosting but my clan leader took 21 days to get one to drop while he was hosting.

Needless to say if someone in the clan needs an egg I'm hosting, whether my machine likes it or not.

Ahhh, you're the egg man.

I'm the systems man in my clan XD

Over the last few days, using Nekros ive constantly been in search of a Kubrow egg.. nothing!
So i think ok i shall allow myself to fall into the plat trap and purchase one. Then once again and out of curiosity, i went back to earth and on my very first outing, what fell before me of which i couldnt pick up.. yea you got it, that elusive egg.

Simple solution you say ?.. complete bloody overhaul you mean!

This Kubrow charade has gone on long enough.

Kubrow eggs are hard too get we all know that but that's nothing really new in the Universe that is Warframe, after all just look at the void? Still this should be addressed seeing as Warframe is trying too get rid of many drop rate issues and Kubrow eggs being only on Earth and only a lucky change is quite frankly the definition of grinding.

It should be something like a certain quest or maybe a alert mission that pops up that just so happens to have a Kubrow egg as its prize, after all the quest log talked about someone wanting a Kubrow as their pet so why wouldn't this make since? Alert missions would be a easier less hassle free way I think to get Kubrow eggs, we just have to wait and find the alert and then win and steal their cargo simple as that.

You know that you could just do two derelict missions or Tower missions and sell whatever you got for 5p each then you can go to the market and buy an egg, right?

That doesn't fix drop chances, just like being able to trade primes parts didn't fix the void's drop tables.

You know that you could just do two derelict missions or Tower missions and sell whatever you got for 5p each then you can go to the market and buy an egg, right?

The drop rate for these eggs is almost non-existent and like most things where the Kubrow are concerned, needs DE to recognise poor implementation and make the necessary changes.

I do agree with you that selling 2 items for 5 plat each would be enough to then purchase an egg from the market hence why so many see the Kubrow as nothing more than a plat sink but players should not have to resort to selling items in order to purchase an egg everytime they want to try out this feature just because DE set the drop rates ridiculously low.

What im starting to see more and more of, is when you want an egg theres never any around despite many attempts to find them yet when you have one in your inventory well thats when you start seeing them drop in front of you only to be prevented from picking them up because.. well i think part of this earlier post sums the eggs up nicely...

- limitation on the number of eggs in general is dumb and shouldn't exist. if i buy eggs i can buy as many as i want so why the f. are free players being punished for actually farming them? mind blown.

The egg is rare, there's nothing to fix.

You are not supposed to load up on kubs one after the other.

If you want to do that you can by spending some plat.

If warframe had actual RNG instead of PRNG that might be a valid argument. But it doesn't. This means that certain accounts will forever get the shaft on certain drops.

I'll point out again that my clan leader spent 21 days farming for eggs and Bite before an egg dropped when he was hosting. Now I'm not in his time zone so I don't know his complete play schedule but  I play 3 to 4 hour sessions with him every third day or so, and I generally stop playing before he does. How is that kind of account dictated drop rate appropriate for anything?

If warframe had actual RNG instead of PRNG that might be a valid argument. But it doesn't. This means that certain accounts will forever get the shaft on certain drops.

I'll point out again that my clan leader spent 21 days farming for eggs and Bite before an egg dropped when he was hosting. Now I'm not in his time zone so I don't know his complete play schedule but  I play 3 to 4 hour sessions with him every third day or so, and I generally stop playing before he does. How is that kind of account dictated drop rate appropriate for anything?

What's P RNG?

Like you said, need more info on his play style to see what he was doing because 21 days of playing 1 hour sessions is really nothing.

What's P RNG?

Like you said, need more info on his play style to see what he was doing because 21 days of playing 1 hour sessions is really nothing.

Pseudo Random Number Generation. The host's account seeds the drop tables for each session.

You think 21 hours of nothing but Everest, Eurasia, and E Prime for a companion component is OK? If he was one of the unlucky ones unable to team up that would be days upon days of Ordis and Lotus harping over that part of the quest as well.

Kubrows really don't have enough benefits to warrant such a steep cost along with all the other inherent costs involved if that's the case.

Pseudo Random Number Generation. The host's account seeds the drop tables for each session.

Where did you get this info and what does this mean in the game?

I dont know anything about this so give a full explanation instead of bits.

You think 21 hours of nothing but Everest, Eurasia, and E Prime for a companion component is OK? If he was one of the unlucky ones unable to team up that would be days upon days of Ordis and Lotus harping over that part of the quest as well.

Yes. 

And i farm for my eggs solo and gotten them rather quickly half of the time.

Kubrows really don't have enough benefits to warrant such a steep cost along with all the other inherent costs involved if that's the case.

If you dont have enough benefits in your view then why are you trying to get them?

For me they do, the huras' cloak has a tremendously large range, like, one standard tile away. The raksa howl has also a huge range, havent played with the other two but the ones that i have already show the kick butt benefits.

Where did you get this info and what does this mean in the game?

I dont know anything about this so give a full explanation instead of bits.

Yes. 

And i farm for my eggs solo and gotten them rather quickly half of the time.

If you dont have enough benefits in your view then why are you trying to get them?

For me they do, the huras' cloak has a tremendously large range, like, one standard tile away. The raksa howl has also a huge range, havent played with the other two but the ones that i have already show the kick butt benefits.

The source of my information prefers not to be quoted as such, and given how unpopular PRNG can be in gaming I can understand why. It basically means that any given account will have a predetermined chance beyond the norm of certain drops happening when they host. So in short, the game is basically programed to favor some over others. Here's the opening quote from the wikipedia page on the subject.

A pseudorandom number generator (PRNG), also known as a deterministic random bit generator (DRBG),[1] is an algorithm for generating a sequence of numbers whose properties approximate the properties of sequences of random numbers. The PRNG-generated sequence is not truly random, because it is completely determined by a relatively small set of initial values, called the PRNG's seed (which may include truly random values)."

Every account has a number tied to it. It's why newer players  place higher than older players in the leader boards when they both have the the same score. It also seeds any mission you host, with the exception of missions that take exceedingly long to load. After about a minute's loading the game fills in a blank seed I believe.

Congratulations, your account seed seems to favor egg drops like mine does. I tend to get an egg ever twenty or so dens.

21 hours of farming for a component, on top of only being allowed one egg, on top of not quite random type acquisition, on top of between 72 and 95 hours 'crafting' time, on top of DNA degradation, on top of loyalty, on top of stasis sickness. So no, I don't think the scales quite balance out there. Any three or four of those? Sure, but not all seven.

It's true the different breeds have their benefits. Sahasas have the ability to dig up wildcard mods, even if they don't do it nearly as much as they did at first (once every third or fourth mission), and there's nothing quite as amusing to me to see as one of the Grustrag Three pinned under a Sunika. I didnt' have a reactor for my Raksa so I kind of rushed putting him in the fridge for the next one but I'm currently incubating a Huras so that will round out my pack. Not that I'll be swapping them out much until the hinted at stasis recovery item. A mini stabilizer for daily use might also help, but that's for another thread entirely.

The source of my information prefers not to be quoted as such, and given how unpopular PRNG can be in gaming I can understand why. It basically means that any given account will have a predetermined chance beyond the norm of certain drops happening when they host. So in short, the game is basically programed to favor some over others. Here's the opening quote from the wikipedia page on the subject.

Every account has a number tied to it. It's why newer players  place higher than older players in the leader boards when they both have the the same score. It also seeds any mission you host, with the exception of missions that take exceedingly long to load. After about a minute's loading the game fills in a blank seed I believe.

Congratulations, your account seed seems to favor egg drops like mine does. I tend to get an egg ever twenty or so dens.

So some one from DE told you this? You can tell me by PM, i can keep a secret.

Why would some one from DE tell you this?

21 hours of farming for a component, on top of only being allowed one egg, on top of not quite random type acquisition, on top of between 72 and 95 hours 'crafting' time, on top of DNA degradation, on top of loyalty, on top of stasis sickness. So no, I don't think the scales quite balance out there. Any three or four of those? Sure, but not all seven.

I did say for me. I dont care about how long it takes to craft as long as i am getting it for free. It's no different than the other free stuff that take time. Since i basically got everything maxed, when i am not leveling something new i am doing derelict and void stuff. Getting the 100k before and 75k now is absolutely nothing when it comes to a standard play session. People have always complained about having millions of cred with nothing to burn it on and now that there is..... problem.I havent played high enough to have my dog die without being revived so i have not had any trouble with loyalty.

The stasis time is a bit annoying but this was explained in a stream when people worried about Sentinels being replaced. They put this feature so you dont totally replace sentinels. It's weird that people worried about this and now that this featured was added they dont like it. Now, i dont know if these complains come from the group but this was added for a specific reason.