Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is More Powerful ? Soma Vs Boltor Prime

MalekAmir

Question

Soma without HCal pulls over 66k DPS making headshots (includes punchthrough)

Boltor Prime with HCal pulls 23k without headshots, ~48.5k with headshots (includes only knockback).

Pretty clear Soma is better if you can actually be bothered to aim. Boltor Prime is for those of you who are too lazy/unskilled.

Boltor Prime is way more powerful than the Soma and that´s why I don´t understand why you can use the Boltor Prime with MR2.

As if Mastery Rank is an intelligently enforced system in the first place

The only frame that's Mastery locked is Rhino at MR2, you can get and use Rhino Prime at MR0.

i  hear so many people say grakata better than soma

u re forgetting the 6.6 x dmg multiplier on the soma and has more crit chance than grakata 

ive never had to use ammo mutation even if i press down the trigger as if the worlds ending 

You're forgetting Soma has a slower fire rate, less physical damage and way less status chance than Grakata.

MK-1 Braton.

Anyways, the Boltor Prime is superior in terms of damage, but for general usage and versatibility (combat efficiency) I lean more towards the Soma. Hit-scan, better clip size, has a reload cancel, beautiful fire rate.

The Boltor Prime is sure, a really powerful weapon, but sometimes I find the projectile travel time annoying. For convenience I use the Soma.

like seriosly ive confronted people passionately saying grakata better

heres why they think

grakata crit wep

has more base damage than soma 

and has more fire rate

they always forget the fact that grakata has 2.0x dmg multiplier while soma has 3.0x

-snip-

theres a magical thing called viral

like seriosly ive confronted people passionately saying grakata better

heres why they think

grakata crit wep

has more base damage than soma

and has more fire rate

they always forget the fact that grakata has 2.0x dmg multiplier while soma has 3.0x

wait for a while ill post the dmg stats in like 5 mins

Mate. Lighten up. Thinking it's a thing to 'confront' people over a difference in opinion, and generalising people who don't agree with you doesn't earn you any Vastaren Cookies.

I'm not disagreeing with you that the Soma has a higher damage potential than the Grakata. But when you openly insult people for personal preference and opinions on what constitutes 'better' without clarifying the context (hint: it's probably not damage to them as it is to you) then all you're doing is proving to others how unpleasant you can be.

That's just a problem I have with these threads. Yes, there might be a majority consensus, but goddamn does it bring out the ad hominem ridiculously quickly when people fail to realise that 'powerful' given without clarification as to DPS can be just as appropriate an interpretation if others respond based on other criteria. Please distinguish numbers and opinions.

Edited by Vastaren