Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultimate Syandana Idea ?

--BAT--

Last night I was discussing with a friend about how to spend our plat. 

Then got onto the discussion of my Nekros for which I had recently purchased the Mortos Syandana.

This got me and him to thinking, and before long we came up with the genius idea.

What if every single warframe had their own special syandana? Primes would just have some gold trim in there somewhere. 

Think about it, Volt, could have a double little halved cape or little strands with lightning running down now and again.

Frost could have some un-even little downwards spikes that toss off a couple snowflakes.

Nova Could have some sort of another jet like on her back but going down in a long spinning trail to her ankles.

Zephyr would be using some sort of fast energy full on cape?

And just, doesn't this seem like an amazing idea? 

All players who specialize in a certain frame would definitely go out and grab one for themselves don't you agree?

And just as a side note, DE it means more players would purchase plat and that's just one more cosmetic for eager spenders to buy!

Now I'm not pronouncing this as a cash cow. More or less just a better personalize-ation?  

I would love if you all could expand on this idea in more detail. But this is just a base idea that a couple of people had at 3 am. 

And any Warframe staff if you read this: Please relay this idea to the design team or whomever may handle this! I would absolutely enjoy this!

There's a problem with this idea - Nekros was originally designed with the Mortos Syandana as part of the frame. Only later was it decided to chop off his danglies and sell them separately. I recall a fair amount of anger at this 'money-grabbing' decision at the time.

Making more frames like that? No thanks.

There's a problem with this idea - Nekros was originally designed with the Mortos Syandana as part of the frame. Only later was it decided to chop off his danglies and sell them separately. I recall a fair amount of anger at this 'money-grabbing' decision at the time.

Still a fair amount of anger. People wanted Nekros without the Mortos syandana, so logical decision would be to make it toggleable. but NO, sell it seperately.

I would like that too, but i keep in mind that DE is working hard fixing bugs, i am not saying it's a bad idea, it just that it would take too long to make all those Syndanas.

And yes, I do understand that they are bug fixing (Cause we all know how many are still around...) And with them being hard at work on U15 with the new archwings, new enemies, and so on. But don't forget they are also making those new alt helmet sets. And would it really take that much time/resources to come up with a design for a frame? I mean each frame is pretty different, it can't take too long to come up with a concept, improve or scrap, then fix the jigglebones and color patterns along with energy? 

Well yes, but with good reason, you couldn't get the jiggly syandana stuff without paying for it like the others. It was obviously a design choice which had no choice but to be put INTO a cosmetic addition. And to be honest, I know a lot of players out there would be happy to dump 50p into a cool new cape/scarf for their favorite frame. Valkyr's Bonds and Mortos Syandana are still being purchased right? What if the plethora of Rhino Players had a custom one? You think all those golden pimps would let that one slip by? I know I wouldn't. 

Well yes, but with good reason, you couldn't get the jiggly syandana stuff without paying for it like the others. It was obviously a design choice which had no choice but to be put INTO a cosmetic addition. And to be honest, I know a lot of players out there would be happy to dump 50p into a cool new cape/scarf for their favorite frame. Valkyr's Bonds and Mortos Syandana are still being purchased right? What if the plethora of Rhino Players had a custom one? You think all those golden pimps would let that one slip by? I know I wouldn't. 

For existing frames, it might be nice to have accessories that match their own aesthetics more closely, yes.

But every warframe designed in the future is going to be suspected of the same practice that afflicted Nekros. THAT is something I'm not keen to see repeat.

Edited by LoopStricken

Asesome idea, but (idk if you said this or not) that couldn't be free. I guess it'd be cool to have every frame have that special syndana as the first option in cosmetics to make it easy to access, but we cant take away the original syndanas, and we can't have them for free either. DE's gotta make money somehow. I like the idea tho