Are Sentinels Irrelevant Now?

(PSN)Fenrushak

With the advent of Kubrows, I cant help but feel like my Sentinels, whom I have piled forma and lots of work on, are becoming irrelevant.

My Carrier, and Sweeper pair alone have taken five of my forma. Four of those are on my Sweeper. With those four Forma, I have 8 damage mods, each maxed out, and it's damage is a grand total of 323 damage per shot.

My Wyrm Prime, I have not slapped a forma on it yet, but the Prime Laser Rifle does a grand total 264.2 per shot, and thats working with 6 mods that are maxed, including Serration, and a Heavy Cal with Five ranks on it.

My Kubrows, on the other hand, take two damage mods, Bite, which I have at Rank 6, and Maul, which I have at Rank 7, and with that combination, the slash damage is over a thousand (Though I do not have the numbers in front of me, due to all of my Kubrow being in Stasis).

Okay...so what about defenses? Well...all it takes is one...maybe two...mods for a Kubrow to have tougher defenses than any Frame you can equip. With Rhino, you are looking at an absurd amount of Defenses. I have Link Shield at Rank 7, and the same with Link Health. If I equip these with a Rhino, I'm looking at 2644 total damage that my Kubrow can take. I've not seen my Kubrow die once after I get either of those links on it. Sentinels, with no autonomy, are sitting ducks if you go down, while Kubrow at least maintain their mobility and their Bullet Sponge attributes.

Okay...so what about utility? Well...seeing as they pick up loot for you, Carrier is at least less relevant than he was. With a Sahasa, any idle moment produces you with energy, mods, and credits, making Carrier even less relevant.

With a Huras, I stood there invisible and healing my team as Trinity, while he murdered people like an invisible Loki for a couple minutes, which makes the ridiculous Shade Sentinel entirely irrelevant.

With a Raska, who can emulate the Guardian mod perfectly, you can also emulate Terrify perfectly, annihilating their armor. This little dog can send Vor running like a scared kitten for the duration. This makes the Crowd dispersion abilities of Wyrm, and his Prime Counterpart irrelevant.

With a Sunika...you can sit there polishing a bloody apple while your Kubrow tackles Vor to the ground like an idiot.

The only downside is the upkeep, which isn't terrible by any means, even if it's more work than a Sentinel. For the price we pay on the upkeep, we are getting more than we paid for.

With this in mind, I really think it would be respectful of DE to provide us with Corrupted Sentinel Mods, so that we can at the very least empower the Sentinel Abilities, or mayhaps provide us with some new Sentinel abilities. I'm sure they could come up with some good defensive mods to make them tough, or something to keep them relevant.

Anybody have any suggestions for Sentinel Powers, or Corrupted Mods?

Edited by (PS4)Fenrushak

Personally I would love to see Sacrifice be introduced into the game.  

And I still think Sentinels have their place.  Sure, they aren't damage powerhouses, but they are still useful.  Guardian + Ghost/Vacuum + Coolant leak + Sanctuary is still a great combination.

Kubrows are the more offensive pet, whereas Sentinels can play the defensive role better.  

I disagree tried the kubrows and they are cool don't get me wrong but carrier is still king, he restores shields, picks up items, and provides support fire. Unless they rework the breeding aspect and allow you to have like a huras/raska mix that allows you to use both kubrow breeds abilities the sentinel carrier alone is still far more useful.

Not sure, but I would say sentinels could use a HP/shields/armor buff definitely.  My Dethcube with Sweeper equiped actually does pretty good damage.  But sentinels seem like they should be Utility/Defense focused, so yeah, survivability boost for them would be nice. 

Also, I think the Shade sentinel needs to be reworked or something, the Huras Kubrow really has made it almost pointless.

Personally I would love to see Sacrifice be introduced into the game.  

And I still think Sentinels have their place.  Sure, they aren't damage powerhouses, but they are still useful.  Guardian + Ghost/Vacuum + Coolant leak + Sanctuary is still a great combination.

Kubrows are the more offensive pet, whereas Sentinels can play the defensive role better.  

I still feel that the Raska have the defensive covered. They have the equivalent of Guardian, and Terrify. Those two always helped my Nekros with survivability.

I disagree tried the kubrows and they are cool don't get me wrong but carrier is still king, he restores shields, picks up items, and provides support fire. Unless they rework the breeding aspect and allow you to have like a huras/raska mix that allows you to use both kubrow breeds abilities the sentinel carrier alone is still far more useful.

All Kubrow pick up items, one of them restore your shields, and they provide better support when it comes to damage. Sentinels will sit there and shoot at a boss while the boss kills you. Depending on the Kubrow, you are looking at either Tackling the boss, terrifying him away, or wrestling it to the ground, and then doing a Finisher.

Not sure, but I would say sentinels could use a HP/shields/armor buff definitely.  My Dethcube with Sweeper equiped actually does pretty good damage.  But sentinels seem like they should be Utility/Defense focused, so yeah, survivability boost for them would be nice. 

Also, I think the Shade sentinel needs to be reworked or something, the Huras Kubrow really has made it almost pointless.

I get where you are coming from, but even the Kubrow utility and defensive capabilities are better. You are right onthe money with Shade.

Solution: Allow link mods to be used on sentinels.

Also, some of the mods you've discussed are pretty rare, and no species is guaranteed. Also, Carrier is pretty handy in higher tier missions, whilst my Sahasa has to sit for a bit to dig up some ammo, some credits, and maybe a bit of energy. Although usually it's just out in the field, trying in vain to bite level 30's to death.

I have all the mods available, and I have yet to see it outperform either of them. They have range, and thats nice, but other than being more affordable, I don't see the benefit in having one over a Kubrow.

not having to run half the mapto rez them because in contrast to kubrow they don t think meleeing a toxic is a good idea?

that said agreeing with the topic, even with the kubrow upkeep costs, they are atm vastly superior to sentinels, some tweaking is needed to make them as attractive in a different way

With the advent of Kubrows, I cant help but feel like my Sentinels, whom I have piled forma and lots of work on, are becoming irrelevant.

My Carrier, and Sweeper pair alone have taken five of my forma. Four of those are on my Sweeper. With those four Forma, I have 8 damage mods, each maxed out, and it's damage is a grand total of 323 damage per shot.

My Wyrm Prime, I have not slapped a forma on it yet, but the Prime Laser Rifle does a grand total 264.2 per shot, and thats working with 6 mods that are maxed, including Serration, and a Heavy Cal with Five ranks on it.

My Kubrows, on the other hand, take two damage mods, Bite, which I have at Rank 6, and Maul, which I have at Rank 7, and with that combination, the slash damage is over a thousand (Though I do not have the numbers in front of me, due to all of my Kubrow being in Stasis).

Okay...so what about defenses? Well...all it takes is one...maybe two...mods for a Kubrow to have tougher defenses than any Frame you can equip. With Rhino, you are looking at an absurd amount of Defenses. I have Link Shield at Rank 7, and the same with Link Health. If I equip these with a Rhino, I'm looking at 2644 total damage that my Kubrow can take. I've not seen my Kubrow die once after I get either of those links on it. Sentinels, with no autonomy, are sitting ducks if you go down, while Kubrow at least maintain their mobility and their Bullet Sponge attributes.

Okay...so what about utility? Well...seeing as they pick up loot for you, Carrier is at least less relevant than he was. With a Sahasa, any idle moment produces you with energy, mods, and credits, making Carrier even less relevant.

With a Huras, I stood there invisible and healing my team as Trinity, while he murdered people like an invisible Loki for a couple minutes, which makes the ridiculous Shade Sentinel entirely irrelevant.

With a Raska, who can emulate the Guardian mod perfectly, you can also emulate Terrify perfectly, annihilating their armor. This little dog can send Vor running like a scared kitten for the duration. This makes the Crowd dispersion abilities of Wyrm, and his Prime Counterpart irrelevant.

With a Sunika...you can sit there polishing a bloody apple while your Kubrow tackles Vor to the ground like an idiot.

The only downside is the upkeep, which isn't terrible by any means, even if it's more work than a Sentinel. For the price we pay on the upkeep, we are getting more than we paid for.

With this in mind, I really think it would be respectful of DE to provide us with Corrupted Sentinel Mods, so that we can at the very least empower the Sentinel Abilities, or mayhaps provide us with some new Sentinel abilities. I'm sure they could come up with some good defensive mods to make them tough, or something to keep them relevant.

Anybody have any suggestions for Sentinel Powers, or Corrupted Mods?

Sentinels shoot a whole lot faster than kubrows attack, and sentinels can deal with more enemies easier.

Wyrm and sweeper are the combo I prefer over a kubrow. I have sweeper modded to shoot incredibly fast, faster than a kubrow can attack.

As I primarily use long range combat, sweeper keeps enemies I don't see off me.

I see the choice between sentinel and kubrow as a playstyle preference.