Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something I've Noticed...like Seriously..

Semshol

Why not just give them a volt or a banshee though for the first available frame after their starter?

Didn't know any of the dojo stuff either when i first started out, heck, i didn't even know how to obtain the parts needed for a new frame xP

My rhino is gathering dust most of the time now though since i have a valkyr...

Volt IS one of the starters.

Forgot about that volt was changed into one of the starter frames.

personally, i'd switch out ash and rhino. now that loki isn't a starter frame, it would give them access to a frame that fits the "ninja" theme fairly early on.

put rhino a little further out on the solar rails. 

Not to fire any shots or insult anyone, but I think it may have to do with the general console demographic.

From my experience there is a clear age gap. (probably in part due to how steam works with the age restrictions and all that)

"general console demographic..." oh good....  i dont even.... just whatever. However for what i've seen about recruitment things. Those "must be MR12+  post you loadout etc" aint that common, i would say quite rare even. As mostly what i've seen there is "hosting X pm me for inv" or "hosting vault run have this or this key" wich i can understand, if they have allready certain keys but missing other. I use often synapse in t4, wich seems to be part of these "unwanted loadouts" as i've only seen one person aside me using it in void... yet i havent been kicked out.

you'll also notice how they're only getting an additional player about once every 2-3 minutes because so many folks don't want to deal with that type of elitist crap.

Waiting 2-3 mins to have a higher chance of going 60+ in t4surv is way better imo than waiting a few seconds and risking having to quit shortly after 20min mark because the players refuse to cooperate in any way. While I agree that mr requirements are stupid, I think it is the host´s right to set the rules if they want the team to follow a specific strategy.

Waiting 2-3 mins to have a higher chance of going 60+ in t4surv is way better imo than waiting a few seconds and risking having to quit shortly after 20min mark because the players refuse to cooperate in any way. While I agree that mr requirements are stupid, I think it is the host´s right to set the rules if they want the team to follow a specific strategy.

Biggest issue w/ Mastery Rank right now is that it doesn't always reflect skill level. I've always been able to top a bunch of M16 dudes even though I'm only M11 after a year of playing this game.

Pugs are terrible.

They either lack skill

or play in a manner that irritates you.

Accept that fact for what it is, and enjoy it.

Also I would like to say that you should always bring a dps weapon with you, even if you plan on playing cc, hell if I'm playing cc with Banshee I'll still go full killwh0re mode. Cc is nice and all but you need damage to kill things.

My advice is to either not take said games to seriously, or go into them with the mentality that noone else will do anything worthwhile.

actually as I didn't got this kind of behaviour I've met similar one when I've got to some vault runs with a guy I just "met" and the guys he picked up

I was at MR5 back then on trinity (not have MR6) and I've taken latron with myself - as I also was using extinquished dragon key and generaly was a suppport so I was not supposed to deal any dps inthere (had to finish "mastering" latron after reaching lvl 30 on my latron wraith)

and I was told that on that mastery rank I should have already use boltor or better - boltor prime and that most friends of hosts thinks that I'm "slowed in progress" or sth like that - after this I showed up with latron wraith (much better weapon than boltor imo) but he was still not convinced....

and I was told that on that mastery rank I should have already use boltor or better - boltor prime and that most friends of hosts thinks that I'm "slowed in progress" or sth like that - after this I showed up with latron wraith (much better weapon than boltor imo) but he was still not convinced....

Can I help?

Against Grineer

Latron Wraith

2ez7ptd.png

sazde0.png

Boltor Prime:

2z4z5uf.jpg

j9oy9t.jpg

Note: Even with Speed Trigger on Boltor Prime, Latron Wraith will still do better, especially on head shots.

Can I help?

Against Grineer

Latron Wraith

2ez7ptd.png

sazde0.png

Boltor Prime:

2z4z5uf.jpg

j9oy9t.jpg

Note: Even with Speed Trigger on Boltor Prime, Latron Wraith will still do better, especially on head shots.

Except for the fact that you can expect to miss >30% of your shots because you are using heavy calibur on a marksman weapon.

HC hurts the boltor far less and missing 1 shot won't reduce your dps hugely.

Sure if you are point blank shooting at a stationary enemy you'll get more Dps, but with the builds shown the boltor will do far more damage in practice.

And if numbers are what you want, I can show you the ones that explain how my Tigris can dish out 7.8 million burst Dps.

Except for the fact that you can expect to miss >30% of your shots because you are using heavy calibur on a marksman weapon.

HC hurts the boltor far less and missing 1 shot won't reduce your dps hugely.

Sure if you are point blank shooting at a stationary enemy you'll get more Dps, but with the builds shown the boltor will do far more damage in practice.

And if numbers are what you want, I can show you the ones that explain how my Tigris can dish out 7.8 million burst Dps.

Not like you're gonna snipe 50m targets that often. Accuracy loss is fine, imo. Also, if you feel like it's too much, you can always lower the lvl, and still out-dps Boltor Prime. you also get a 4x multiplier on crit head shots, so reducing HC might get you even more dps by making it easier to shoot heads. It's all about playstyles.

Tigris is a special weapon. It doesn't depend on fire rate mods, but instead your mouse. If I was to calculate it's dps, I would just double the dmg given, and not use .00000001 sec to calculate it.

Edited by Yazeth

All depends on mindset of players involved. I find it that groups that are talkative dont care about loadouts that much and are fun to play with, even PUG groups.

Worst ones in my opinon are ones where host strictly asks for specific frames and weapons, because he thinks that that will help in the run. You can bring what he wants, and you can bring lvl 5 items without saying its low level, if he strictly asks for specific item.

I dont mind what people are bringing in my runs, and i will always say to PUGers to bring what needs xp and leveling. Because i will depend on my skill and not on others. Host that require maxed frames and weapons for Void runs are mostly in need of carrying and will bring undreleveled equipment. Thus being hypocrites, and doing opposite of what they are demanding.

Edited by RoboDoge

Haha, nice catch :D

And yeah, I do realise it is a little bit of a waste of time, but I'm bored and I just want to know if people are really meeting these kinds of horrible folks because I've hardly met any...if even one.

You should take into account you are one of ten million players across six different regions and several consoles, it is very possible people have encountered others like the ones you describe.

I have encountered a few people like this I even decided to play a game with them. It seems to be that they believe that only a particular frame and a particular weapon can help them anything else is rubbish to them.

Edited by Postal_pat

So can I not use the Rhino or Boltor Prime in combination? I like the Rhino (currently using it) and the Boltor Prime looks like a really good gun...

They are both rather powerful pieces of gear, but due to the low skill cap on them there is a bit of a stigma against them in the community.

Using them is like winning a race by using cruise control in a normal car while everyone else is running.

And while I say there is a stigma, I'd bet that a good portion of the guys here have used that setup plenty.

Basically nothing wrong with it, just that it is looked down on by some people here.

If you want to run it, then good on ya.

So can I not use the Rhino or Boltor Prime in combination? I like the Rhino (currently using it) and the Boltor Prime looks like a really good gun...

Relay on Iron Skin too much and you will end as one of those Rhinoobs. Rhino is decent frame, even good with some build, players that latch onto him are a bit of a problem.

They are both rather powerful pieces of gear, but due to the low skill cap on them there is a bit of a stigma against them in the community.

Using them is like winning a race by using cruise control in a normal car while everyone else is running.

And while I say there is a stigma, I'd bet that a good portion of the guys here have used that setup plenty.

Basically nothing wrong with it, just that it is looked down on by some people here.

If you want to run it, then good on ya.

Thank you. I don't want people to think that I'm a noob for liking a really good setup, though.

Not like you're gonna snipe 50m targets that often. Accuracy loss is fine, imo. Also, if you feel like it's too much, you can always lower the lvl, and still out-dps Boltor Prime. you also get a 4x multiplier on crit head shots, so reducing HC might get you even more dps by making it easier to shoot heads. It's all about playstyles.

Tigris is a special weapon. It doesn't depend on fire rate mods, but instead your mouse. If I was to calculate it's dps, I would just double the dmg given, and not use .00000001 sec to calculate it.

Firstly, using your numbers, the Lat Wraith is only better by ~1k sustained Dps. You miss one shot and the Boltor is better, halve the rank on HC (even then you miss a fair bit) and the Boltor does better.

I'm by no means a boltor fanboy, in reality I'm prolly a Latron fanboy, but throwing up raw numbers without considering ingame factors is in my mind erroneous

Yes the Wraith is good, but I doubt you'll see it actually put out that sort.

Firstly, using your numbers, the Lat Wraith is only better by ~1k sustained Dps. You miss one shot and the Boltor is better, halve the rank on HC (even then you miss a fair bit) and the Boltor does better.

I'm by no means a boltor fanboy, in reality I'm prolly a Latron fanboy, but throwing up raw numbers without considering ingame factors is in my mind erroneous

Yes the Wraith is good, but I doubt you'll see it actually put out that sort.

I am considering ingame factors. I do know that the accuracy dropoff will make head shots less often, but it's not like you have to get those shots for the weapon to be viable. You can land shots at 10-15m easily, even w/ the recoil. And, if you can get those head shots, you are basically getting a further increase.

Again, it depends on play styles. I'm fine w/ body shots on Latron Wraith, and getting head shots up close.

Also, I don't really care about Sustained DPS, at all. Better to take down a single enemy as fast as possible than dealing constant dmg, imo. Only reason I'm not using Boar Prime is that it will use the Shotgun mods of my Sweeper.

Edited by Yazeth

Pugs are terrible.

They either lack skill

or play in a manner that irritates you.

Accept that fact for what it is, and enjoy it.

Also I would like to say that you should always bring a dps weapon with you, even if you plan on playing cc, hell if I'm playing cc with Banshee I'll still go full killwh0re mode. Cc is nice and all but you need damage to kill things.

My advice is to either not take said games to seriously, or go into them with the mentality that noone else will do anything worthwhile.

I actually enjoy PUGs, as I stated I haven't met the rude-ones.

And yes I always bring a DPS weapon, but in some cases I can't top DPS, though like I said I'm always 1/4 or more minimum, because I'ma  forma addict.