Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Nova Doesn't Need To Be Nerfed.

Nanolicious

Children, young and old, love to compete for the most damage and this is why there are complaints about Nova. In this game I run across many players who will abandon a defense cryopod just to run to an obscure location and try to soak up the most XP and brag about the most kills etc etc. Those are the players who complain about Nova. But honestly she lives and dies by the her Energy. If she cannot cast her abilities she dies.

She is extremely squishy and at high level gameplay I am constantly being saved by Rhino Prime who, in my opinion, is much stronger than her. Nova is just seriously fun and if you nerf her game it will make her not playable for high level missions, which is sad.

Look at how the community in Diablo 3 raged over the power of the Demon Hunter. Did it bring them happiness when the Demon Hunter was nerfed almost to unplayable levels? No, then everyone started complaining about the lack of power she brought. This will be the circumstance with Nova as she's almost in the same boat. The slow effect coupled with the damage she can give THE WHOLE TEAM is what keeps her alive and viable. This game is about co-op and I don't understand why anyone would complain about something that helps everyone out. 

This game is about co-op and I don't understand why anyone would complain about something that helps everyone out. 

Because it's boring and brainless gameplay. "Press button and things die" is not good game design.

Also, "it's a coop game" is a terrible excuse for poor balance, and I wish people would recognize it.

The reason people complained was because you could steal every little bit of xp in a game by just pressing 4.Now, after the xp nerf on nova, complaints shouldn't really be a thing, there are much more ''powerful frames'' such as max range nyx which essentially has 2 win buttons know matter what the level of the enemies are.

Edited by Neonpkz

You are wrong. People complain about Nova because she is boring to play, just like Rhino, Trinity, and Nekros.

I really like Trinity, I don't think she's boring to play.

I also haven't heard about players complaining about Nova other than when they were being noobs and spamming a max power strength Molecular Prime in infested defense missions but that was before the introduction of aura ancients.

You are wrong. People complain about Nova because she is boring to play, just like Rhino, Trinity, and Nekros.

I like the rhino, tanks are nice. And no people complained about nova because she made the game boring to play for other people and she kills exp share. She hits 1 button, everything died and no one got to play with their warframes or weapons making it a very dull and mind numbing game. She killed the chance for other people to do things and thats what sucked, we spend all this time getting cool weapons and warframes we enjoy useing and then dont get to use them at all. Thats why people hated nova, yes I realize other characters can screen wipe but she could kill enemies farther then her range because of the explosions.

-OP-

You're right, Nova is good and I find she is a fun addition to the team. Not a necessity, but nice to have sometimes.

Fun is not standing in one place constantly using the same ability over and over again. That is called monotony. 

Play a different frame, no one said you had to be the Nova. Plenty of missions are run WITHOUT one. It's just up to the player. All frames that have CC roles have to use the same ability over and over. All frames use the same ability over and over. No one i've seen stands in one place...except me when I'm Nyxing the pod.

I like the rhino, tanks are nice. And no people complained about nova because she made the game boring to play for other people and she kills exp share. She hits 1 button, everything died and no one got to play with their warframes or weapons making it a very dull and mind numbing game. She killed the chance for other people to do things and thats what sucked, we spend all this time getting cool weapons and warframes we enjoy useing and then dont get to use them at all. Thats why people hated nova, yes I realize other characters can screen wipe but she could kill enemies farther then her range because of the explosions.

This^^

The reason people complained was because you could steal every little bit of xp in a game by just pressing 4.Now, after the xp nerf on nova, complaints shouldn't really be a thing, there are much more ''powerful frames'' such as max range nyx which essentially has 2 win buttons know matter what the level of the enemies are.

Warframe is a co-op game, and XP is shared. Therefore one cannot "steal" XP.

OP, you are right about one thing. The changes to Nova we're birthed out of the myriad of complaints from players who threw tantrums over another player stealing their kills. No matter what players want to tell you or themselves, this envious attitude was the catalyst for change.

Now, I do believe they actually went the right direction with Nova instead of just morphing/nerfing her into a ineffectual hipster that shimmies through wormholes. Now she no longer gets the credit for every kill that is a result of her prime, regardless of who is doing the shooting. This has successfully catapulted her from top choice with most-kills-leaderboard-end-of mission-stats-obsessed players. Sorry guys.

She is still a powerful warframe. She is still a viable and almost necessary addition to end game play.

The way I see it is this: DE knows her role. They basically gave Nova a healthy dose of self-esteem. She smiles at the insecure players and says, "Go ahead, I know my power. Leaderboards and end-of-mission stats mean nothing to me. "

Now THAT's a mature, secure, and sure warframe.

Play a different frame, no one said you had to be the Nova. Plenty of missions are run WITHOUT one. It's just up to the player. All frames that have CC roles have to use the same ability over and over. All frames use the same ability over and over. No one i've seen stands in one place...except me when I'm Nyxing the pod.

Again, I will say this:

"FUN will not last long when you realize that all there is to a frame is this one ability that everyone wants you to bring. This is why I think the community is horrid for WF. We value utility WAY too much over the fun that can be had when playing a warframe. Nova is a prime example of how her utility eventually led to players no longer wanting her to be around because she made things far too easy and far too boring to play. 

No. No frame should ever have to be just used for 1 ability to be used constantly. I see loki players use nearly all of his abilities, I see ash players use smoke screen and teleport to their advantage. No one stands in place? Then you've never seen a booben in sechura. That's all they ever do once tesla is on the ground."

Actually, you can. Whoever dealt the killing blow gets the majority of the exp, and the rest is split to everyone else within a certain range.

This is why doorway heroes are frowned upon. No one is near them so there's no exp split -- it's all just wasted.

nova is made for end game...... she is fine no op

Lolno. She is not made for endgame. Mag can deal more reliable damage on shielded enemies infinitely with shield polarize. Nova drops off when M Prime stops killing stuff and becomes a debuff.

Nova has already been nerfed. 

Lolno. She is not made for endgame. Mag can deal more reliable damage on shielded enemies infinitely with shield polarize. Nova drops off when M Prime stops killing stuff and becomes a debuff.

Your post has no logic. M-Prime isn't her only ability either. 

Yes you can, its a very common mistake. When you kill an enemy with a weapon and when you hit an enemy with a weapon it levels it up faster because the exp goes directly to it. When a warframe ability that isnt you own kills enemies it get spread out evenly over all your things ( mind you before her nerf you had to have everything equip) so you actually lose out on exp. Shes not stealing your exp but she steals your opportunity to level what you specifically need / want to. When you have all level 30 things except one specific piece of gear haveing it spread out evenly among all of it wont help you level that specific piece faster and slows down the level process, which is annoying.

TL;DR nova speads exp out evenly over letting you level up what you need and thats annoying.

My stance on Nova is.....varied. See, I do like her ult, and I like to think that, when enemies blow up with a pink energy color, it makes the inside of the ship smell like bubble gum.

However, really, Mol. Prime is all she's got. Portal is a decent mechanic, but that's a travel and manuevering ability. It has its place, but it seldom used for the betterment of the team. It's more a messing around kind of thing.

Null Star is a decent enough ability, I guess. But it's as much of a use and forget thing as MP. You turn it on, it kills a few enemies on its own (maybe) and thats it. No direct participation involved and it's not that graphically impressive like watery tendrils suddenly erupting from the ground either.

Antimatter drop has potential, but I seriously cannot figure out how to use this reliably. I only managed to use it once correctly on Vor, and actually got it to connect after shooting it 3 or 4 times with a max rank paris prime. It did well over 10,000 damage and insta-gibbed him. However, given how difficult the tracking system is to use, how small the blast radius, and how much overkill it is when used against the standard mooks of the void, it's not really that useful.

I'm not saying that Nova is too OP of a frame. I'm saying that, compared to how amazing her ult is, her other abilities are found lacking. Seriously, aside from messing around with portals, how often do you see people using them compared to MP?