Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Nova Doesn't Need To Be Nerfed.

Nanolicious

TBH Nova isn't that big of a Press4ToWin anymore, you have to think about where your going to put the MP now. ;/

Ash, Mirage, Nekros, and Rhino are much more Press4Towin then Nova is.

Also for everyones information: When someone kills a enemy a radius of XP goes out, the person who killed the enemy gets XP for that weapon, while everyone in that radius gets 1/4 of that xp for each of their 4 weapons/unFrame.

If you unequip something then that XP is not wasted but given more to that, unequiping all but 1 of your weapons causes the xp to be cut in half.

Nova gives the XP to what you started the chain reaction with, since the change. Before Nova could only get XP for her frame when she used MP. SO SHE WAS TERRIBLE TO BE AS, but great to have on a team.

Edited by Feallike

Children, young and old, love to compete for the most damage and this is why there are complaints about Nova. In this game I run across many players who will abandon a defense cryopod just to run to an obscure location and try to soak up the most XP and brag about the most kills etc etc. Those are the players who complain about Nova. But honestly she lives and dies by the her Energy. If she cannot cast her abilities she dies.

She is extremely squishy and at high level gameplay I am constantly being saved by Rhino Prime who, in my opinion, is much stronger than her. Nova is just seriously fun and if you nerf her game it will make her not playable for high level missions, which is sad.

Look at how the community in Diablo 3 raged over the power of the Demon Hunter. Did it bring them happiness when the Demon Hunter was nerfed almost to unplayable levels? No, then everyone started complaining about the lack of power she brought. This will be the circumstance with Nova as she's almost in the same boat. The slow effect coupled with the damage she can give THE WHOLE TEAM is what keeps her alive and viable. This game is about co-op and I don't understand why anyone would complain about something that helps everyone out. 

Congrats on your first post and welcome to the forums!

Seriously, aside from messing around with portals, how often do you see people using them compared to MP?

AMD? Every game that I'm in with a Nova. Don't expect pugs to have skill, they're generally going to be bad or stick with niche abilities and weapons.

Do you know how to specify your points ? or is your normal way of arguing point out something general and expect that to be your ha im so right moment ?

No, I just expect people to know what they are talking about before posting. The experience distribution on M-Prime has changed, entirely, twice. The first wasn't too recent.

But honestly she lives and dies by the her Energy. If she cannot cast her abilities she dies.

I disagree. No matter what frame you are in, your mobility is what keeps you alive. Anything else is a crutch. A good player must be mobile in order to be defensive.

Edited by JohnProdman

No, I just expect people to know what they are talking about before posting. The experience distribution on M-Prime has changed, entirely, twice. The first wasn't too recent.

So your telling me the exp share has been changed now, when I was talking about pre-nerf nova, which would have been clear if you read the part in my post where I mentioned you needed to have every weapon slot full which is not true at this point. Try reading more before you comment, especially if you "expect people to know what they are talking about", or maybe that doesnt apply to you ?

Edited by Overlord_Hades

Antimatter drop has potential, but I seriously cannot figure out how to use this reliably. I only managed to use it once correctly on Vor, and actually got it to connect after shooting it 3 or 4 times with a max rank paris prime. It did well over 10,000 damage and insta-gibbed him. However, given how difficult the tracking system is to use, how small the blast radius, and how much overkill it is when used against the standard mooks of the void, it's not really that useful.

Nova's antimatter drop is probably the most powerful damage dealing ability in the game (assuming you have the skill to use it). Last time I was in T4 def, Nova was wiping whipe waves with the drop, I jumped several times to absorb some of the explosion with Nyx to check it, lowest number was over 225K. We did 65 waves without corrosive projection: antimatter drop is incredible.

Edited by SeaUrchins

Nova has already been nerfed. 

Your post has no logic. M-Prime isn't her only ability either. 

Her only other reliable damaging ability is antimatter drop, which is dependent on weapon damage and will fall off a bit after.

That being said, her being an "endgame frame" is stretching it a bit when she stops nuking enemies when people start calling it "endgame."

Warframe is a co-op game, and XP is shared. Therefore one cannot "steal" XP.

That's where your wrong.  If i'm on Sechura leveling up my Soma, and a Nova comes in spamming MP, all that XP goes toward Warframe leveling (and since my Warframe is already level 30, i gain no XP) while none goes toward my Primary weapon.

To be specific:

Primary Kill= Primary XP

Secondary Kill= Secondary XP

Warframe Kill= Warframe XP

Melee Kill= Melee XP

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

You are wrong. People complain about Nova because she is boring to play, just like Rhino, Trinity, and Nekros.

well, i'd say that playing nekros in a long T4 surv is challenging and fun, unless you are camping behind a volt shield

Actually, you can. Whoever dealt the killing blow gets the majority of the exp, and the rest is split to everyone else within a certain range.

This is why doorway heroes are frowned upon. No one is near them so there's no exp split -- it's all just wasted.

first half is wrong. everyone gets the whole exp, if they are close enough. Also, nova players tend to be those hallway heroes more often in public matches

Lolno. She is not made for endgame. Mag can deal more reliable damage on shielded enemies infinitely with shield polarize. Nova drops off when M Prime stops killing stuff and becomes a debuff.

the speed debuff is why nova is viable in high levels. the M Prime stops killing stuff very soon

Lolno. She is not made for endgame. Mag can deal more reliable damage on shielded enemies infinitely with shield polarize. Nova drops off when M Prime stops killing stuff and becomes a debuff.

Nova is still going to be getting the nerf bat again. Also her M-Prime damage is never insignificant and even just the speed and fire rate debuff is a great utility tool. If you don't use Nova's other abilities as damage output then you shouldn't play her anyway. 

You really think damage is the issue?

Her damage is nothing compared to the real problem

Her ability to get 75% enemy speed and damage reduction is broken

They barely shoot moving targets because they dont have the time to aim and when they do they lose 75% of their damage output

After that change and some utility added to her Null star Nova will be perfect