Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcwings: A Chance To Test New Upgrade Systems

(PSN)WiiConquered

Some people feel that Arcwings are just a gimmick, a distraction, or a minuscule part of the game that doesn't justify the time spent developing it. Whether these things are true will only be an opinion, and are difficult to judge before Update 15 releases.

But I think Archwings present a real opportunity for DE. Many people have stated unhappiness with the current mod system, but changing it has never seriously been discussed by DE. I think this is fair, because it's hard to completely change systems and risk losing support.

But there is no upgrade system attached to Arcwings. Devstream 36 revealed that Arcwings and their weapons are going to be independent of the weapons and Warframes of the rest of the game, and I'm sure that means they'll have their own upgrade system. So why not try different upgrade systems and see what people think? Put skill trees on the Arcwings. Make the weapons attachment based. The game's a beta, and DE has nothing to lose by trying out a new system. If people like it more than the mod system, DE can think about changing the rest of the game to follow it when the game releases out of beta. If not, no big deal, just change the system back in 15.5.

TL;DR: Try out different upgrade systems for Arcwings and their weapons, besides the mod system. Experiment and see if people like it.

After seeing the fully live demo last devstream, the only people calling it a gimmick are just straight up stubborn and/or trolls.

Either way, a new system of upgrades would be interesting. Hell they could even bring back the good ol' ability tree system for just the archwings. Don't see why not, and it'd make us old Tenno fogeys squeal.

I think that Warframe would lose a lot of what makes it unique if the mod system is done away with, De just needs to take a second look at all of the mod cards at some point and add more meaningful mods to the mix. Sure this is a sound idea  but if any progression system is considered for use on warframes/weapons/companions it would be best as a secondary system to mods.

After seeing the fully live demo last devstream, the only people calling it a gimmick are just straight up stubborn and/or trolls.

I agree; I don't think it's fair to call it a gimmick at this time.

I think that Warframe would lose a lot of what makes it unique if the mod system is done away with, De just needs to take a second look at all of the mod cards at some point and add more meaningful mods to the mix. Sure this is a sound idea  but if any progression system is considered for use on warframes/weapons/companions it would be best as a secondary system to mods.

That might become evident if they tried this, but we won't know for sure until they do.