Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait, Nobody Is Talking About This...?

Jahadaya

Started using the Gelatine a few days before the new livestream, then they announced a buff for heavy melee. 

My concious is telling me where to go, but when they talked about stance rewamps or even switching them. I did get kinda scared. Gelatine stance, is perfect stance. I really like it, it feels badass on the field. It really does. 

PS:

251658.gif

Cleaving Whirlwind already has this finisher attack. Quite the badass uppercut. 

Edited by Cpt_Atroxium

They better buff Jat kittag with Galatine. -.- Jet Kitty doesn't get left in the dust.

Agreed. However I whip Jat kitag every now and then. It's fun to watch enmies flying around when you do the slam atack.

I'm not saying that it is bad, however it kinda feel a bit sluggish. However i guess it is reasonable.

Edited by Grayscale_Lord

eh, my friend made the biggest deal out of galatine before melee 2.0. he forma'd it about 5 times (not exactly sure how many times) or so for the charge damage 'meta' build everyone was doing then. it was garbage, i killed everything around him using other melees before he could even use his charge attack. when melee 2.0 came out he literally rage quit the game and sold his 5 forma galatine because charge attacks were removed. 

plus its current idle holding animation for it is ridiculous, it looks like you're parading around carrying a flag if you have constant weapon trails turned on. 

plus its current idle holding animation for it is ridiculous, it looks like you're parading around carrying a flag if you have constant weapon trails turned on. 

100000000% Agree. If it's a Heavy Weapon why can fragile Frames hold it like it's a 2x4? I demand they change it, to your Frame holding it with two hands in a slouched type stance. Something like:

Beta-cloud-prerelease.gif

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

100000000% Agree. If it's a Heavy Weapon why can fragile Frames hold it like it's a 2x4? I demand they change it, to your Frame holding it with two hands in a slouched type stance. Something like:

-snip-

That would make it harder, because Science. Keep the weight centered and close to the body, kinda like a Caber toss.

Edit: Just had an idea for a combo...

Edited by Similon

If Galatine, Gram and Scindo need buffs, so do long swords. Broken Bull already gives 3x damage so the heavy axes/swords are good as they are.

Scindo Prime rumors for next Prime set

Considering how they do less damage, and have lower attack speed, No they aren't.

Nah, double damage would just be better.

Simply doubling the damage would be rather boring.

The crit route feels better to me, since then you have this big &#! sword swinging around without much control, but then if you hit something vital it hurts.

It also allows for berserker builds to be more viable with it, shoring up its rather nasty attack speed.

Crit buff > Flat Damage buff

Simply doubling the damage would be rather boring.

The crit route feels better to me, since then you have this big @$$ sword swinging around without much control, but then if you hit something vital it hurts.

It also allows for berserker builds to be more viable with it, shoring up its rather nasty attack speed.

Crit buff > Flat Damage buff

..Not really though. Because then with a crit buff it makes for less variety in good builds. It would become like a melee Soma. Only a crit build is good. That would be bad.

Also, with a flat damage buff crit damage would go up drastically, along with channeling and elemental damage. It would be a win for erryone.

@Jahadaya Gram, Scindo and Galatine have more base damage than any longsword aside from Dakra Prime and the same attack speed aside from Dakra, Mire and Ether Sword. With the broken bull combo the heavy swords/axe out damage any longsword aside from Dakra and Cleaving Whirlwind is a bit faster than Crimson Dervish as well. Again, they are fine.

Oh and longswords are single target as well, while the the heavy swords/axe are multi target.

Edited by RexRgisIocus

@Jahadaya Gram, Scindo and Galatine have more base damage than any longsword aside from Dakra Prime and the same attack speed aside from Dakra, Mire and Ether Sword. With the broken bull combo the heavy swords/axe out damage any longsword aside from Dakra and Cleaving Whirlwind is a bit faster than Crimson Dervish as well. Again, they are fine.

Oh and longswords are single target as well, while the the heavy swords/axe are multi target.

Okay, read this post of mine : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286768-what-would-you-like-to-see-buffed-nerfed/

The thing is, yeah sure they out damage most long swords. But they should outdamage all long swords. The Galatine is the best heavy weapon and it's sh*t compared to the best longsword in terms of speed AND damage. It's the same thing with it and the best Nikana. 

People shouldn't be forced to a specific weapon type if they want the highest damage. There should be equal level top tier weapons of each type. And there aren't. Let's start by buffing heavy melee. 

@ Jahadaya you cant compare Galatine to Nikana or Dakra. One, Dakra is a Mastery 6 locked Prime and second the Nikana(the regular not dragon) is clan tech Mastery rank 4, D. Nikana is mastery 8. Galatine is a market weapon with a simple Mastery rank 2 lock. And also heavy swords/axes shouldnt be direct upgrades to longswords.

Fun Fact: Galatine outdamages D.Nikana (the melee with highest base damage) in both Dps and Dph during the Broken Bull combo.

Edited by RexRgisIocus