Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Universal Channeling

Dawn11715

Hi everybody and thanks for reading.

In this thread i want to present a mechanic, i thougt about a long time.

The whole intension is to give warframes more tricks and make them feel more powerfull.

For this we could introduce a new funktion, called universal channeling, which would be bind on an seperate key.

The Problem of limmited Buttons, specialy on controlers would be solved by putting interackt and relode on the same key.

What happens, if you activate Universal Channaling, depends on the situation and one of the cons is, that some warframe Abilitys would need a rework for not beeing unnessesery.

Activating it before reloding charges your mag with warframe energy, giving you a damage boost that lasts until the mag is cleared, before jumping would result in an much higher jump (looking at excalibur) and while sprinting, it gives you an large speed boost( looking at Volt), that ends when you stop running. Evading could cause an more acrobatic maneuver than the standard roll.

There are  also possible special moves like heavy damage, when you start a dragon kick while running boosted or excaliburs slash-dash by starting a meele attack in boosted mode.

The speed boost and superjump would only cost stanima (while there "normal" versions wouldnt anymore) while the damage boost need energy.

I await your feedback...

I don't much like the idea of invalidating a large part of what makes various Warframes uniquely interesting for convenience's sake. I agree channeling could stand to undergo some changes, but I don't think what you're suggesting would be at all beneficial. Most of all, I want to see channeling altered so that it doesn't have to fight a losing competition for priority with Warframe powers. Mutual exclusivity, not replacement of function. 

Channeling melee was bought in to try and help bring them in line with rifles and handcannons, so I'm against any similar application for said firearms.

Channeling powers, that's what we do anyway. Paying a bit more energy to make them a bit more powerful? Sounds unpleasant to me.

Channeling acrobatics so you can pretend to be another frame? No. Just no.

Hi everybody and thanks for reading.

In this thread i want to present a mechanic, i thougt about a long time.

The whole intension is to give warframes more tricks and make them feel more powerfull.

For this we could introduce a new funktion, called universal channeling, which would be bind on an seperate key.

The Problem of limmited Buttons, specialy on controlers would be solved by putting interackt and relode on the same key.

What happens, if you activate Universal Channaling, depends on the situation and one of the cons is, that some warframe Abilitys would need a rework for not beeing unnessesery.

Activating it before reloding charges your mag with warframe energy, giving you a damage boost that lasts until the mag is cleared, before jumping would result in an much higher jump (looking at excalibur) and while sprinting, it gives you an large speed boost( looking at Volt), that ends when you stop running. Evading could cause an more acrobatic maneuver than the standard roll.

There are  also possible special moves like heavy damage, when you start a dragon kick while running boosted or excaliburs slash-dash by starting a meele attack in boosted mode.

The speed boost and superjump would only cost stanima (while there "normal" versions wouldnt anymore) while the damage boost need energy.

I await your feedback...

excuse me, but have you ever heard of "spell check"?