Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Gotta Say I Kinda Hate Kubrows

Notofthiswar

*sigh* Okay. Listen up people.

DNA Stabilizers. Pack of 6 costs 75k credits.

1 DNA stabilizer restores 40% health.

Kubrows degrade 10% each day.

Do the math. If you stretch your DNA stabilizers every time your Kubrow falls down to 70% DNA stability, you won't need to buy anymore DNA stabilizers for 24 days. 24 days.

That's 75k credits for 24 days of a very healthy kubrow. The amount of crying about DNA stabilizers needs to stop.

Within a weeks time my Kubrow is down to 10-20%  I doupt it would last another week.. Chances of fixing the computer that fast and so on are slim,  Takes like a week or so for more parts to get here unless you have the money and spend like $600 on overnight shipping alone lol

Call a friend

Visit your local library or online gaming hangout/store

Send a message to support and see if theyll freeze it for you

Or just complain on a forum

Its a stupid mechanic designed to get you to spend money.

The eggs are incredibly rare, so you end up buying them

Nobody can be bothered with RNG to get Argon, so you end up buying the power cores.

Nobody wants 7 of the same type on the trot, so you end up buying imprints from other players.

Nobody has the time to sit there and wait for them to mature, so you can take them out to get them killed so they run away, so you end up buying statis pods because life is too ******* short to arsing around with this nonsense in a game.

And so and so forth.

And then, because it was SO much hassle getting the one you want in the first place, they think you will be inclined to farm to keep it alive.

My kubrow survives well past an hour in T4S without interference or support from my side. They can be revived in battle instead of just instantly dying. They can grapple for invincibility frames for a massive damage-over-time against troopers, killing even heavy gunners well into an hour of T4S. They are very impressive, but the high maximum rank for the mods and the cumulative credit cost make them end-game partners, not early or midgame support -- and that is all well and good, as it should be (in my opinion).

Its a stupid mechanic designed to get you to spend money.

The eggs are incredibly rare, so you end up buying them

Nobody can be bothered with RNG to get Argon, so you end up buying the power cores.

Nobody wants 7 of the same type on the trot, so you end up buying imprints from other players.

Nobody has the time to sit there and wait for them to mature, so you can take them out to get them killed so they run away, so you end up buying statis pods because life is too ******* short to arsing around with this nonsense in a game.

And so and so forth.

And then, because it was SO much hassle getting the one you want in the first place, they think you will be inclined to farm to keep it alive.

Eggs are less rare than many of the stance mods. However their drop is RNG just like everything else. I got my first in 10 runs. Other players got them in 2 runs. Others in 30.

Argon drops in Mercury. It also has a near 100% droprate from Phorid.

Different ways to achieve the same goal. Either shell out cash or farm it and hope you get the ones you want. It's just the same as everything else in this game. Nothing's changed, so why cry now?

Not everyone wants to just kill them. Not everyone is you. Some breed them to create imprints. Quite literally investing in them to net even more plat than they put in. Of course, most people with your thought process don't understand the simple logic between buying low and selling high. Also, they take 3 days to fully mature. Guess how long a warframe takes to craft? 3 days, 12 hours at the extreme least.

75k for 24 days =/= "farming". Even new players can afford that (though I wouldn't recommend it to them until they learn the game a bit more first).

Edited by SoulEchelon

My kubrow survives well past an hour in T4S without interference or support from my side. They can be revived in battle instead of just instantly dying. They can grapple for invincibility frames for a massive damage-over-time against troopers, killing even heavy gunners well into an hour of T4S. They are very impressive, but the high maximum rank for the mods and the cumulative credit cost make them end-game partners, not early or midgame support -- and that is all well and good, as it should be (in my opinion).

I totally agree with this. The really annoying thing is Recovery Time from Stasis. 3 hours is a long time to wait expecially if you work or have a normal life outside the game. I think 1 hour would be a fair time to wait for use your Kubrow.

During the week i work until 8 pm and i used to play after dinner or later in the night, but i have only 3 or 4 hours to play, or less maybe if i have something to do outside. I can't switch quickly from my sahasa to my raksa for exemple. But anyway, this is a very minor problem to complain. I like kubrows as they are and I continue to use them, expecially in high level missions.

Edited by ANGUS_ITA

Imagine having a 6 forma'd Kubrow out and your computer takes a dump.

2 weeks to get a new PC or it dies!!!

Meanwhile... Kubrows that have just hatched refuse to mature without 2 login cycles.

They are basically immortal.

You have to log in!

Such a fair system.

Using a hypothetical situation that not even 1% of the Warframe population will have to endure =/= a point. I've had computers that "took a dump", but I didn't blame the myriad of MMOs I've played on how "unfair" it is not getting a few daily logins or missing a few events because of my broken computer. I blamed myself for not taking care of it.

Using a hypothetical situation that not even 1% of the Warframe population will have to endure =/= a point. I've had computers that "took a dump", but I didn't blame the myriad of MMOs I've played on how "unfair" it is not getting a few daily logins or missing a few events because of my broken computer. I blamed myself for not taking care of it.

1%? uhuh...

Assuming that everybody that plays Warframe has a 1% failure rate with their computer hardware and the funds to instantly replace any broken gear.

Are you kidding me? What's the RMA on a Graphics card/HDD/CPU/Motherboard/RAM/PSU/XB1/PS4? 6 weeks?

And which MMO killed your favourite character/weapon because you couldn't feed it? Please tell me so I can stay the hell away from that scam.

It is unfair to have the same creature mature based on logins but can then degrade and die (regardless of logins) after maturity.

Why can't it just coincide with logins?

You don't log... you don't get the penalty.

Edited by fractal_magnets

*sigh* Okay. Listen up people.

DNA Stabilizers. Pack of 6 costs 75k credits.

1 DNA stabilizer restores 40% health.

Kubrows degrade 10% each day.

Do the math. If you stretch your DNA stabilizers every time your Kubrow falls down to 70% DNA stability, you won't need to buy anymore DNA stabilizers for 24 days. 24 days.

That's 75k credits for 24 days of a very healthy kubrow. The amount of crying about DNA stabilizers needs to stop.

K stop trying to act like the smartass here because you still missed like more than 90% of the point

Edited by Currystador

You shouldn't have that much commitment just for a game.

Its sad if this is what you have to do

2 weeks time isnt that much commitment

You want to see what is?

Mabinogi just had an event where every weekend for 10 weeks you had to log in between 10 and 11

If you missed any of the days you wouldnt get the grand prize, and keep in mind that for many players that 10 am time was closer to 4-6 AM

I missed many days trying to stay up and face planting on my keyboard

This is nothing

Youre given plenty of time to recover. It could be better but is it really that bad?

2 weeks time isnt that much commitment

You want to see what is?

Mabinogi just had an event where every weekend for 10 weeks you had to log in between 10 and 11

If you missed any of the days you wouldnt get the grand prize, and keep in mind that for many players that 10 am time was closer to 4-6 AM

I missed many days trying to stay up and face planting on my keyboard

This is nothing

Youre given plenty of time to recover. It could be better but is it really that bad?

thats a different game. warframe doesnt need to follow its example does it? Just because a different game did it? This is warframe, not that other game.

Doesn't it take like two and a half weeks for a kubrow to die? My only problem is the stasis timer.

Oh, and for all those people saying they shouldn't have to be dedicated, that's the exact same argument I used when they first came out and degraded super fast. They're just fine now as far as upkeep goes.

1%? uhuh...

Assuming that everybody that plays Warframe has a 1% failure rate with their computer hardware and the funds to instantly replace any broken gear.

Are you kidding me? What's the RMA on a Graphics card/HDD/CPU/Motherboard/RAM/PSU/XB1/PS4? 6 weeks?

And which MMO killed your favourite character/weapon because you couldn't feed it? Please tell me so I can stay the hell away from that scam.

It is unfair to have the same creature mature based on logins but can then degrade and die (regardless of logins) after maturity.

Why can't it just coincide with logins?

You don't log... you don't get the penalty.

Assuming that everyone who plays Warframe has a S#&$ computer that will die the second they start using Kubrows. Again, hypothetical statements =/= a point.

And you totally misinterpreted the example I gave. But that doesn't surprise me, since this is a tears thread and I mistakenly posted within it. I'll fix this error in judgement after this post.

K stop trying to act like the smartass here because you still missed like more than 90% of the point

Oh I'm sorry. No really. I truly apologize for posting actual, unequivocal, irrevocable, statistical facts in this thread. I guess, according to you, showing how you can stretch 75k over 24 days is being a "smart &#!". Next time I'll stop myself from posting any form of common sense and basic math. I'll even lower my IQ to something more convenient for you. Will that help? Probably not.

And did I really miss "90%" of the point? Hmm...

Now do not get me wrong they are awesome to have and what not, They are just a pain in the butt to keep alive if you do not play every single day of you're life ,which I play like once a week.  Every time I get back on my kubrow is at 20% health.

What the OP obviously meant by "they are just a pain in the butt to keep alive if you do not play every single day of your life" is that, due to having to buy DNA stabilizers periodically, kubrows are hard to keep in good health. My first post answered this problem completely and to the point. It's not my fault you interpreted it in a negative light.

And with that, I'm out.

Oh I'm sorry. No really. I truly apologize for posting actual, unequivocal, irrevocable, statistical facts in this thread. I guess, according to you, showing how you can stretch 75k over 24 days is being a "smart @$$". Next time I'll stop myself from posting any form of common sense and basic math. I'll even lower my IQ to something more convenient for you. Will that help? Probably not.

And did I really miss "90%" of the point? Hmm...

Actually, someone already said the exact same thing you said anyway in the first page