Viral Damage On My Torid?

AdunSaveMe

Question

I was thinking of a bit of combination on my Torid's damage to help take out large groups of enemies.

Sometimes straight up damage isn't enough, especially at later levels & with those damn healers.

So how well does viral work? Apparently it halves the health of enemies.

If I had viral procs on enemies inside the Torid gas clouds, would that actually be worth my time?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

4 answers to this question

It works well enough, but it would be just as beneficial to go with corrosive at higher levels. Maybe moreso. If you proc Viral, it cuts health, but Corrosive cuts armor, making it easier to get through the health. Honestly, the Torid is a rightly terrible weapon in my experience, and they usually pass the tiny AOE quickly when they walk through it. They really need to make a mod similar to firestorm for weapons like this.

Haven't tried Viral on my 4-star Torid, but advanced armchair-general'ing gets me to think it could be useful, but the issue is you lose out on the occasion to mod Blast or Corrosive (or both).

I've had a pretty good experience with a status build Torid in Tier IV survival, using both Blast and Corrosive, and I imagine that Radioactive damage and Viral could work equally well. 

It works well enough, but it would be just as beneficial to go with corrosive at higher levels. Maybe moreso. If you proc Viral, it cuts health, but Corrosive cuts armor, making it easier to get through the health. Honestly, the Torid is a rightly terrible weapon in my experience, and they usually pass the tiny AOE quickly when they walk through it. They really need to make a mod similar to firestorm for weapons like this.

On PC you can already put Firestorm on Torid. 

They don't walk through it if you put it on the pod in infested defense.

Also, firestorm works on the torid. Might not be out on the consoles yet.

Edited by AdunSaveMe