Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream Matters That Hopefully The Next Community Hot Topics Will Cover.

RoyalxSilvers

In DE´s latest devstream few things caught my attention more than even the magnificent ARCHWING gameplay by [DE]scott. These matters caught my attention because I happened to see them as good additions to the game, but I could also see some... "artistically better" options for them. My trouble is that the options discussed in the devsteam and my own are both so solid in my opinion that I am not quite sure which would better improve the game, but I do know that they all would be beneficial to the game. Thus I would like to ask  for the Warframe community´s assesment on the following matters. Note that I would like this to be in the Hot Topics as the matters are fairly important, they have been spoken of before and the Hot Topics would make the community´s take on the matters very clear to the devs.

1. Kubrows "stasis sickness" medication

I think that it was mentioned that the kubrow drugs for stasis sickness could use Argon Crystals. Perhaps, but I think that for drugs or medicine we already have better materials. Earths Plants Introduced in the Cicero Crisis would make more sense as plants have been used in medicine for millenniums and they have been used in the game for anti-toxins already. This would also be a good way to re-introduce currently completely useless crafting materials, heck even fieldron samples, detonite ampules and mutagen samples are more useful in the game! But in the case that the re-introduction of the plants is not rocking your boat, then my personal idea should appetise you greatly. instead of drugs a one-use stasis supercharger that would break after a use. Basically it would "wake up" the kubrow more gently, a bit the way a drive in a car on a flat road is not that bad for motion sick people, as a bumpy one. As this supercharger would be a machine, its crafting materials could even be fieldron SAMPLES or detonite AMPULES, which too are way underused. Thus I believe this thought will get a lot of support. The last suggestion for this topic I was inspired by YOU the community on the forums. What if we had multiple medicines/devices for the kubrows, like the Cicero Crisis had multiple anti-toxin blueprints. There could be one of the before mentioned for un-freezing the kubrows and perhaps one that could actually use Argons and Cryotic and that one could increase their loyalty/happiness. (Cryotic FREEZES things, right? And Argons are far too rare due to their decaying factor for them to be used in one-use quality of life items.)

(Please note that do not own a kubrow and I do not know too much of them, over my +4 hours of research of them on information from the forums, wiki and youtube.)

2. Proc chance over 100%?

In the stream a topic was discussed that I have waited for since I got my hands on the Tysis the over 100% proc chance. But in my surprise the answer of "what happens when the chance is over 100%?" was not my originally expected Double procing. It was Permanent Proc. My natural thought, double procing, means an ensured proc and a chance to get another proc, but I think Perma Proc would be better. The third option for this that I have is a Super Proc. Super Proc would basically be a stronger version of the procs with a longer duration (, not permanent just longer, perhaps x2 or x3). For example DoTs would do more damage, AoE-damagers damage and proc range would increase, de-buffs would weaken the enemies more, cc´s would keep the enemies occupied longer, maximum stat limiting procs would limit them more and the special case radiation proc could make the tenno completely invisible to the target, until the tenno attack the target. I have to say that the Permanent and Super are better in my opinion than Double, I mean that with either of those (P/S) the highest single shot proc chance primary of the game, the Miter (charged shot has 50% proc chance base) would not be so bad anymore, and it would have a completely unique play style for a primary AND thus it might even be viable for the end-game content.

Lastly I would like to tell you the other reasons why I am asking for your comments on the topic, other then the already stated ones. The devs were more or less interested of both topics and thus they probably will have the topics mentioned there, but the matters have not been too widely discussed and pondered upon, thus the devs do not have the sufficient knowledge and innovation on the subject. This could result in the Hot Topics poll having less than ideal voting options to vote from, and thereby stunting the best thoughts of the community. The Hot topics cannot be far away anymore and the devs need your opinions now to make a good poll for us to vote in. This all is important as the matters discussed in Hot Topics are almost always added to the game. Please give Warframe your support by giving your thoughts on the matters 1. & 2. Thank you for your support, time and patience for reading this entire Wall of Text.

1. Kubrows "stasis sickness" medication

I think that it was mentioned that the kubrow drugs for stasis sickness could use Argon Crystals. Perhaps, but I think that for drugs or medicine we already have better materials. Earths Plants Introduced in the Cicero Crisis would make more sense as plants have been used in medicine for millenniums and they have been used in the game for anti-toxins already.

Organic herbal tea. For my Kubrow.

That idea is amazing. Sure as heck better than stinkin' argon.

Edited by OptimumBow0