Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Orokin/corrupted

Ogarra_Remaellus

Something has bothered me for quite some time, is that corrupted enemies do not use Orokin or prime weapons. The second part of thought is who or rather what were the Orkin what do they look. human-ish or something else. In the void we have seen grand courtyards places that seem like recreational living spaces, where these places intended for the Orokin or for the Tenno.

-Remsellis

The Corrupted you find in Void missions are not Orokin, but rather Grineer, Corpus, and Infested that have been killed there. Their bodies have been reanimated by the AI defense systems. As such, they use the weapons they normally would based on their faction.

As to what the Orokin look like, who lived in those Towers, and wether the Orokin was human-ish or not... those are surprises that DE will at some point hopefully reveal.

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel

Yes I know the corrupted are not orokin. But I would think the defense AI would give its new soldiers from its armory. Like really this AI sweeps up deras and struns? I think they should have prime weapons and heck while we are any it the defense AI gives the corrupted some orokin infantry armor plates here and there. Also drop the corrupted ancient replace it with another orokin machine.

Yes I know the corrupted are not orokin. But I would think the defense AI would give its new soldiers from its armory. Like really this AI sweeps up deras and struns? I think they should have prime weapons and heck while we are any it the defense AI gives the corrupted some orokin infantry armor plates here and there. Also drop the corrupted ancient replace it with another orokin machine.

First, for what it's worth, you have earned at least my respect for being an independent thinker and a motivated community member to contribute an ORIGINAL question

Second, I see the logic of your thesis and your responses but unfortunately logic doesn't always cut it here in these forums ...

You see, DE has revealed so few hard facts that the bulk of what we think we "know" is spectulation, heresay and wistful daydreaming

The ONLY absolutely incontrovertible eternal TRUTH about Warframe Lore is that it changes as DE reveals it only incrementally

At present, the only unimpeachable source of Lore information is The Codex - especially Prime entries

Even sources such as:

1. In game NPC voice messages - like from The Lotus - aren't reliable because DE has repeatedly changed what she says

2. Special event WRITTEN message from NPCs - like from The Lotus, Alad V, Vor, Devro etc - PROBABLY are reliable because as far as I know, DE hasn't revised them to date

3. And finally, that rag - the Warframe Wiki - is both an aid as well as a hindrance when it comes to LORE as it is fan based data entry, not DE

BUT, its great if you use it like racing notes from a horse track to find STATS on warframes, weapons, mods, NPCs and drop tables 

4. Lastly, conflicting statements about the game have been made in DE Devstreams and any information should be put in the "placeholder" slot because often WIPs are being bandied about, not eminently releasable content

Third, the lack of an AVAILABLE fully detailed storyline results in very acrimonious polarization in the community

There are those who I view as "strict constructionists" - inflexible to interjecting ideas that are not obvious to a careful reader of the Codex

And there are those who I look upon as "free thinkers" - eager to apply varying amounts of logic and intuition in an effort to fill in present gaps

What ignites spontaneous flamewars is when a "free thinker" is PERCIEVED to be a self-proclaimed Warframe Prophet and after two weeks (or even two years) of playing the game, believes that they have had a revelation sent by the DE Gods themselves

I exaggerate, the "free thinker" may be quite humble or quite the skeptic and is just throwing out ideas ...

Still, there are elements from the Constructionists camp that are hypervigilant and immediately douse any flicker of an idea that actually might have some merit

From experience in these forums I have learned:

1. Rigorously examine your (an others) assumptions

2. Consider every great idea you have as a tentative hypothesis

3. Do not mourn the death of a cool idea ... its the thinking that really matters in the end any way

4. There are no stupid questions, just helpful answers or pointlessly smug put downs or even better, delicious mysteries

5. Civility and respect are not one in the same - the first an EXPECTATION for participation in the forums (see FAQs), the other EARNED based upon those attributes that exemplify the four virtues (virtus, gravitas, dignitas, pietas) or some such code of high ethics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/cardinal_virtues; http://en.wikipedia.org/Confucianism;

I hope that this will be help to you as you make your way through these threads ...

All that said, your assertion that the Corrupted could be provided Prime weapons assumes that that Orokin Tower has a Tenno Warframe armory aboard it ...

In that regard, the Orokin being very organized and effective rulers, might NOT hand out uberweapons to "civilian" regular police, especially kidnapped, brainwashed, reanimated interlopers

(Remember to question yourself first, others second)

I expect that we will see many enjoyable posts from you in the future

Edited by ElHefe

The Corrupted you find in Void missions are not Orokin, but rather Grineer, Corpus, and Infested that have been killed there. Their bodies have been reanimated by the AI defense systems. As such, they use the weapons they normally would based on their faction.

As to what the Orokin look like, who lived in those Towers, and wether the Orokin was human-ish or not... those are surprises that DE will at some point hopefully reveal.

but the grineer corrupted use a dera. I they normally use a grataka. and the corpus corrupted use some sort of weird single shot strun if you look closely.

the only corrupted ive seen that use there factions weapons are the fusion moa if it already was one and the heavy gunner. and I guess the ancients if you count rubber arm slapping as weapons.

isnt anyone gonna ask where they get the paintjobs

i mean we dont see the white grineer (not heavies) anywhere else 

also.. i would say that there is or has to be an armory. intended or not we dont know but there would have to be storage. i would like to think there are hidden rooms for purposes we are yet to discover. id like to see stasis silos.