Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Materials & Components] Faction Discrepancies With Miss-Matched Mats

MonsieurZero

PREPARE YOUR BOOTY HOLE; LONG POST IS LONG.

While I've played Warframe for over a year, this issue has never really grabbed my attention until now, as I had recently managed to run dangerously low on Neural Sensors. Naturally, I began to farm Alad V for them, however I wondered why Alad V is the only source of Neural Sensors in Warframe. Such ponderings lead me to the Warframe Wiki, and of course, one thing lead to another, and I began delving through the details behind each of the crafting components.

Through my efforts, I had encountered a few surprises.. which, given Warframe's ß status, isn't all that surprising I suppose. I shall list my findings below in an orderly manner.

-  -  -  -  -

The following are the descriptions of Warframe's crafting components:

Ferrite - Alloy pellets used in Grineer manufacturing.
Nano Spores - Fibrous technocyte tumor. Handle infested tissue with caution.

Polymer Bundle - A hard, thermoplastic casing. Manufactured by Corpus.

Salvage - High value metals collected from war salvage.

Alloy Plate - Carbon steel plates used to reinforce Grineer armor.

Circuits - Various electronic components.

Plastids - A disgusting nanite-infested tissue mass.

Rubedo - A jagged, crystalline ore. Gives off radiant energy.

Control Module - Autonomy processor for Robotics. A Corpus design.

Gallium - Soft metal used in microelectronics and energy weapons.

Morphics - An amorphous solid. Possibly Orokin technology.

Neural Sensor - Biotech sensor organ harvested from Infested entities.

Neurodes - Implanted neural-link for controlling augmentations. Grineer Design.

Orokin Cell - Ancient energy cell from the Orokin era.

Argon Crystal - Void based radioactive resource that decays every day it is out of the void.

Oxium - A rare, lighter than air alloy of Orokin origin.

Cryotic - No description yet available. The anonymous entity (???) introduced in the Cryotic Front operation describes it as a rare resource found deep underground.

The clan tech components don't require presentation in this, therefore I am excluding them. Now, according to these descriptions, most of the materials are tied to specific factions:

• Grineer: Ferrite, Alloy Plate, Neurodes
  • Corpus: Polymer Bundles, Circuits, Control Modules, Gallium.
  • Infested: Nano Spores, Plastids, Neural Sensors
  • Orokin: Morphics, Orokin Cell, Argon Crystal, Oxium
  • Neutral / Non Faction-Specific: Salvage, Rubedo, Cryotic (Presumably)

I wish to point out that, while Rubedo, Salvage and Cryotic are labeled as neutral, specifically they are neutral between the Orokin, Grineer and Corpus, as I wouldn't deem the Infested capable of performing mining/excavation operations or collecting materials prior to occurrences of war.

Okay, with all this being said, there currently exist inconsistencies with a few planets. You can find the current material drop table HERE. I shall keep Orokin components exempt from the list because of the fact that both Corpus and Grineer excavate Orokin ruins, causing them to be potentially capable of dropping things like Orokin Cells and Morphics. Here are the following conflicts:

• Mercury; Grineer inhabited - drops Polymer Bundles
  • Venus; Corpus inhabited - drops Alloy Plate
  • Phobos; Grineer inhabited - drops Plastids
  • Ceres; Grineer inhabited - drops Circuits
  • Jupiter; Corpus inhabited - drops Alloy Plate and Neural Sensors
  • Saturn; Grineer inhabited - drops Nano Spores and Plastids
  • Neptune; Corpus inhabited - drops Ferrite and Nano Spores
  • Uranus; Grineer inhabited - drops Polymer Bundles, Plastids and Gallium
  • Pluto; Corpus inhabited - drops Alloy Plate and Plastids
  • Eris; Infested inhabited - drops Neurodes
  • Orokin Void; Orokin inhabited - drops Alloy Plate and Control Modules (I will discuss this matter further later on in the thread)
  • Orokin Derelict; Infested inhabited - drops Neurodes

There are a few specifics I need to point out here. Orokin Derelicts are an example of an abnormality when it comes to which resources they should be capable of dropping. While they're overrun with the Infested, the map itself is Orokin. This leaves it with the potential to drop both Infested and Orokin components as it currently does (Nano Spores and Orokin Cells).

Now, the Orokin Void is a far more perplexing abnormality. While the Orokin Void is comprised of units from every faction, it is comprised of Orokin tiles. This means that the Void is, theoretically, capable of dropping every single resource in Warframe. But of course, this cannot occur, because each location is only capable of dropping four distinct resources. This leaves us with a dilemma when it comes to deciding on which materials the Void should be capable of dropping. In my opinion, the Orokin Void should drop all four materials native to Orokin technology, which have been listed above: Argon Crystals, Orokin Cells, Oxium and Morphics. It make sense, in fact it makes more sense in terms of the Orokin Cells, considering the current Void is incapable of dropping Orokin Cells while the Derelicts are.

As for Oxium, dropping from Oxium Ospreys is fine, regardless of them being a Corpus unit. It is a unit specific drop, not a faction specific drop.

To fix the current drop discrepancies, I suggest these changes:

• Mercury; replace Polymer Bundles with Alloy Plate (Mercury currently lacks an Uncommon Grineer/Neutral drop)
  • Venus; replace Alloy Plate with Gallium or Control Modules, or with Orokin Cells (Venus currently lacks a Rare Corpus/Orokin drop)
  • Phobos; replace Plastids with Ferrite or Salvage (Phobos currently lacks a Common Grineer/Neutral drop)
  • Ceres; replace Circuits with Rubedo and add Neurodes
  • Jupiter; replace Alloy Plate with Circuits, and Neural Sensors with Gallium or Control Modules, or with Orokin Cells
  • Saturn; replace Nano Spores and Plastids with Ferrite and Rubedo
  • Neptune; replace Ferrite and Nano Spores with Polymer Bundles and Circuits (Neptune currently lacks an Uncommon Corpus/Neutral drop)
  • Uranus; replace current drop table with Ferrite, Rubedo and set the Rare drop to Neurodes or Orokin Cells
  • Pluto; replace Alloy Plate and Plastids with Circuits and Control Modules
  • Eris; replace Neurodes with Neural Sensors
  • Orokin Void; replace current drop table with Oxium (common), Morphics (uncommon), Orokin Cells (rare) and Argon Crystals (rare)
  • Orokin Derelict; replace Neurodes and Nano Spores with Neural Sensors and Argon Crystals
  • Infested Invasions; replace current Void drop table with revised Eris drop table (Nano Spores, Plastids, Neural Sensors & Mutagen Samples)

Basically what I've done is replace miss-matched commons/uncommons/rares with ones that correctly coincide with the faction of each drop table. In the case of higher tier planets such as Ceres and Pluto, I've strictly prevented the dropping of common materials; higher tier planets deserve higher tier materials. It should also be noted that Pluto currently has five drops (four + clan research drop), and thus I've added an extra drop to Ceres, being the highest tier planet pertaining to the Grineer.

One last thing. There is something I noticed when reading up on the Warframe Wiki for Neural Sensors. If you take a close look at the picture of a Neural Sensor, you'll notice a white Grineer symbol on it. I believe this is due to a mix up between the pictures for Neurodes and Neural Sensors, where Neural Sensors should look like Neurodes, and vice versa. Or perhaps Neural Sensors were to be called Neurodes and vice versa. *shrug*

Just my 2¢.

Edited by MonsieurZero

• Eris; replace Neurodes with Neural Sensors
  • Orokin Derelict; replace Neurodes and Nano Spores with Neural Sensors and Argon Crystals
  • Infested Invasions; replace current Void drop table with revised Eris drop table (Nano Spores, Plastids, Neural Sensors & Mutagen Samples)

Yes.

Just. Yes.

These changes makes me moist

There was a similar topic that talked about the incongruities of the resource drops and the factions that inhabit each planet. I'm going to look for it.

EDIT: Damn, couldn't find it. The topic was actually pretty similar to this one. It went through each of the resources in the game, and then gave a little commentary based on where one would expect to find each of them.

As it turned out, it seemed that most of the resources lined up well enough with the planets they're on, but there were a few that stuck out as odd.

Pretty sure Neural Sensors in particular was justified due to Alad V's infested research and the Hunt for Alad V event.

I find it pretty interesting that two topics with similar subject and formatting popped up though.

Edited by Otenko

Some of these changes will not be done simply because DE wants certain resources to be tedious to acquire (especially oxium. As a common resource? will never happen.)

I had considered this. I don't believe that the change I recommended for the Orokin Void would ever be considered as I stated it. However, if DE altered the frequency of resource drops for Void, keeping all four drops rare and infrequent, it might be feasible.

Edited by MonsieurZero

I was going to make a thread on the pain of acquiring Neural Sensors. Gonna bump this one instead, as you put much more work into it than I was going to.

Some of these changes will not be done simply because DE wants certain resources to be tedious to acquire (especially oxium. As a common resource? will never happen.)

While I agree on this and think that the primary way to obtain Oxium should be through killing drones, Void could have a chance to spawn a barrel full of Oxium (20-50, as an example) in one of the hidden treasure rooms, so you might have some incentive to go exploring and look for them instead of just rushing the mission. Or we could get a new, native Orokin unit (only one so far is Orokin Drone) that can drop Oxium on death. Orokin Attack Drone, which only shows up scarcely because most have been destroyed when Grineer and Corpus invaded the Void or have gone back into hibernation now that the neural sentry has those units at hand.

Instead, Void could drop Salvage or Rubedo as common resource (and maybe we could get an option to refine a batch of Salvage and get some uncommon or rare resources from that pile of junk).

Edited by Bibliothekar

I found the incongruity between the labeling and apparent appearance of neurodes/neural sensors a bit off-putting as well.  From a balance perspective, having Alad V be the "neural sensor monkey" that everyone needs to kill if they ever want to build a frame is a bit odd.  I'd be a bit concerned about dropping neurodes from loot tables anywhere though, just because they are already such a pain to come by.

As an aside, I thought this post would originally be asking questions as to why certain weapons from X faction seem to require components specific to another faction (which is incredibly common).  I imagine that would be a much larger undertaking though.  

As an aside, I thought this post would originally be asking questions as to why certain weapons from X faction seem to require components specific to another faction (which is incredibly common).  I imagine that would be a much larger undertaking though.  

Supra manufacturing and research requires two Grineer materials and an Infested material.

439720.jpg

Edited by MonsieurZero

• 3 weeks later...