Fragor - Bring Back The Fun?

LazerusKI

Since you said in the stream that you want to look into the Heavy Weapons, like Fragor, Scindo, Gram, Galatine etc who are currently a bit...lacking...

Can we pleeeeeeaaaaase get back the old Fragor charge-attack effect?

Smack the target through the room n stuff?

I loved that ^-^

Now it feels so...boring...there is absolutely no force in the hits, it feels so weak (not only because its damage is so low)

When we are at it, what about some more power for the other heavys?

Swords that send severed limbs flying through the room...that kind of stuff...

so that a heavy weapon feels like a heavy weapon, and not the same as all the others...i mean...daggers, swords, heavys...the all have the same "effect"

For a dagger and swords its fine when the dead body just falls down on the floor...but with heavys i want to feel the force, not just a very long sword that hits like a tiny dagger...

Edited by LazerusKI

If they beef them up again I will be so happy since I can actually use my galatine again. The whole reason I got it is because I like the decent impact radius of it and the fact that I can slash through five enemies at once which made it very effective at mowing down swaths of enemies that got in my face.

Edited by Iceski13

i actually think Fragor is one of the worst examples of Heavy Melee issues, with it's Crits and Crushing Ruin / Shattering Storm, Fragor feels great, i think.

but making Heavy Melee's in general feel less like a stick would be nice. 

The things is De will nerf Stances if the do some changes to heavy weapons, nobody wants another crimson dervish.

The things is De will nerf Stances if the do some changes to heavy weapons, nobody wants another crimson dervish.

so?

Stances shouldn't have Damage Multipliers on them to start with. extra Effects on certain hits is great, but Damage increases or decreases is not.

i'd rather have Melee's be interesting to use no matter how you use them. isn't that what Stances are for? supporting alterior playstyles? yet too many of them have stat relations to them.

and it sounds like thank god someone else understands the bleh that is Crimson Dervish.

so?

Stances shouldn't have Damage Multipliers on them to start with. extra Effects on certain hits is great, but Damage increases or decreases is not.

i'd rather have Melee's be interesting to use no matter how you use them. isn't that what Stances are for? supporting alterior playstyles? yet too many of them have stat relations to them.

and it sounds like thank god someone else understands the bleh that is Crimson Dervish.

Its mean if De just boost the stats of galatine like 90 base damage then everyone will run galatines with cleaving whirliwind and buum new dakra crimson dervish born.

Its mean if De just boost the stats of galatine like 90 base damage then everyone will run galatines with cleaving whirliwind

- Cleaving Whirlwind is dumb as it is. it shouldn't exist, that's not how anyone uses a Melee Weapon. and while i don't like having Damage stats on Stances, for Cleaving Whirlwind, it should have a 90% Damage Reduction while you pretend to be a top.

and buum new dakra crimson dervish born.

uhh.... what?

while i don't like having Damage stats on Stances, for Cleaving Whirlwind, it should have a 90% Damage Reduction while you pretend to be a top.

Why?

With the kind of momentum and speed you're generating, I'd think that one should be doing a bit more damage with those spins. Newton's Second Law of Motion and all.

F = ma, where the vector sum of the forces F on an object is equal to the mass m of that object multiplied by the acceleration vector a of the object.

Edit: With that in mind, you should be doing some nice knockback with the Galatine spinning as well.

On topic: Same reason why the Fragor needs to be able to send enemies flying again...aside from the fun factor.

Edited by MirageKnight

With the kind of momentum and speed you're generating

except you aren't. you're pretending to be an ice skater, spinning around in a circle. you have little no force at all, you're relying on inertia. after hitting a few Enemies of similar mass your your Character, you'd just come to a complete halt.

the tiny footwork you're doing isn't going to create more energy than you're losing by hitting things.

this is why the generic 'circle attack' every generic game has for two handed Swords is so lame. not only are they always Animation Lock, but it's either useless or easymode in any given situation. 

doesn't belong in any Video Game. if spinning around like a top was an effective strategy with Swords, that would have been a commonly used tactic in Sword fighting. but it's not.

the closest to that is doing a spin to confuse your Enemy so he doesn't know when the sword strike is coming, letting you get a strike in hopefully without hitting your opponent's blade.

except you aren't. you're pretending to be an ice skater, spinning around in a circle. you have little no force at all, you're relying on inertia. after hitting a few Enemies of similar mass your your Character, you'd just come to a complete halt.

the tiny footwork you're doing isn't going to create more energy than you're losing by hitting things.

this is why the generic 'circle attack' every generic game has for two handed Swords is so lame. not only are they always Animation Lock, but it's either useless or easymode in any given situation. 

doesn't belong in any Video Game. if spinning around like a top was an effective strategy with Swords, that would have been a commonly used tactic in Sword fighting. but it's not.

the closest to that is doing a spin to confuse your Enemy so he doesn't know when the sword strike is coming, letting you get a strike in hopefully without hitting your opponent's blade.

I feel the whole idea of the Galatine and Cleaving Whirlwind's combos wasn't just to go for something fairly "realistic" but fun and useful as well. Your suggestion to utterly nerf a combo into near oblivion, when the weapon's own damage is already arguably lackluster for its size, would not help matters in the slightest. I can understand replacing the combo with something a bit more realistic combat-wise and more suited to the weapon itself, but suggesting a 90% damage reduction for a combo because you don't like its animation set?

And so what if your character might come to a complete halt after slicing everything within reach in half? The combo still served its purpose - to help you kill enemies in front of you quickly. 

All that being said, I get you don't like that combo. In Warframe, there are combos on certain weapons I can't stand myself to be honest, so I understand and respect where you're coming from. Example: I think the quick overhead chop motion for Cleaving Whirlwind is one of the most ludicrous things I've seen combo-wise ingame. But hey, the combo exists and there are people that like it and use it.

but suggesting a 90% damage reduction for a combo because you don't like its animation set?

And so what if your character might come to a complete halt after slicing everything within reach in half?

- it was an extremely cynical statement, showing my distaste for it.

- if you were to do that in real combat you'd come to a stop on the first or second object you hit. not everything around you.

especially with a blade that blunt. Galatine isn't exactly the pinnacle of sharpness.