The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows And Bad Habits...

(PSN)da-link-went-1

People say rhino's iron skin causes new players to form bad habits because of its inherent invulnerability.

Having had "the pleasure" of ranking up some kubrow, I'm questioning my abilities as a player.

I rarely, rarely use rhino or his iron skin .....buttttt

I always use a Sentinel with guardian....

When I use a kubrow I really notice how dependant I've become on the guardian mod.

Anyone else feel this crunch? I want to be able to wreck this game. Suddenly I feel exposed. I feel like a fake.

All this time, slaughtering.... And I'm wondering, is it a farce?

Edited by (PS4)da-link-went-1

Really guardian on a solo level is just a way to stay in the fight to drop more enemies. But with kubrows they remove that crutch and and the same offensive capability as if I had my sentinel with guardian programmed.

Edited by WizzaFlow

I never touched my guardian mod till i was like rank 13~ (Cause I actually didn't know I had one since I never rmodded my sentinel properly). But ever since I've used it...I've done...stupid stuff lol. Like going to farm Sargas Ruks with a rank 0 frame (Modded only with vigor from aura slot capacity). 

I never touched my guardian mod till i was like rank 13~ (Cause I actually didn't know I had one since I never rmodded my sentinel properly). But ever since I've used it...I've done...stupid stuff lol. Like going to farm Sargas Ruks with a rank 0 frame (Modded only with vigor from aura slot capacity).

I'm MR15,I can solo pretty much anything. I just wonder if I can do it now without guardian.

I'm MR15,I can solo pretty much anything. I just wonder if I can do it now without guardian.

Oh I mean with a squishy frame that I just made, with the bare minimum defense. Pretty much dying in 1 shot to any boss without mods and 2 with the mods while keeping conclave at around 1k+ because too lazy to unequip some stuff I don't use. 

You have to be prepared for all outcomes. I play a lot of different game genres so moving from Titanfall to this was easy. Taking it easy is always good, but there will be times when you'll be soloing a difficult mission.

I don't plan on getting a guardian or Kubrow any time soon. They seem difficult to get so I'd rather focus on weaponry and mods for now.

Side note: I'd rather be a one man army than a four man squad. You are the only reliable player.

Don't worry, almost everyone on this game eventually uses a crutch of some kind.

Iron Skin.

Hysteria.

Invisibility.

Guardian.

Kubrow that does the shield thing.

Boltor Prime.

Rush.

Molecular Prime.

Few more but those are the biggest ones. It's up to you to decide how many of those you use all at once for the most part.

The more you use, the more cowardly a player you are.

Edited by darthdart

I play vs infested mostly these days, and there my sentinel lasts all of 5 minutes for whatever reason, so I'm pretty good at doing without guardian.

Though to be fair I do run fortitude quite a bit, so I have my speedy shield regen anyways.

As for crutches, any and all mods are crutches, just like weapon.

Really skilled players use unmodded boobens with only the spectra.

-OP-

What you're noticing is not the guardian. What you're noticing is how bad the Kubrow actually is.

Guardian isn't much of a crutch. It's a back-up for when things go bad. It won't trigger all the time and you really shouldn't be triggering it because you'll take HP damage before it triggers. So for me, it's not a crutch, it's my back-up and I don't rely on it solo. Life Strike, QT and the rest of the pseudo invincibility is even more of a crutch.

If you're playing without it, take a good CC.

However why even USE a Kubrow, it's only usefulness is selling the imprints to rich players.

A DethCube, A Djinn and the glorious Wyrm prime will easily waste it in terms of DPS (with DethCube being the best including maxed Fired Up).

So...why? Why the brows? Just why...

Edited by Semshol