Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait...how Many Hydroid Players Are There Really?

Hamco.io

Undertow has many uses, but yeah I just usually use it as a quick knockdown.

Though some enemies, mainly Ancients, come out of it standing up.

Tentacle Swarm gets a bit detrimental later on, but it's definitely fantastic for covering revives or giving breathing room.

Agreed, and I have to say those two skills are probably the most hilarious skills in the whole game (B*tchslap puddle? Why the heck not?). :D

I like like hydroid he is awesome and all, but ever since the over the top not needed nerfing of explosives Hydroid has lost all purpose of use in this game... Quite literally... DE basiclly killed of a Warframe's MAIN PURPOSE by nerfing explosives. Hydroid was the best at infested defense, and going the long distance. Now that explosives have less ammo and all it kinda hurts using Hydroid... Plus Vauban is easier to use. Hydroid is like a down graded Vauban THAT NEEDS EXPLOSIVES TO FUNCTION PROPERLY!!!

hydroid powers imo view:

1. good knocked down CC, need longer duration, too weak for dmg, aoe/range not great

2. good cc, need more dmg, need longer duration, range slightly need to be increased

3. great for CC, emergency immune to proc/dmg mode, TERRIBLE DMG, need increase in range, even the energy consumption atm is very bad

4. weak as HELL FOR ANY AMOUNT TO DO DMG, messy CC, not enough tentacles, buggy (some enemy can walk right by and not be effected), has no status proc or special, did i forgot to mention it also weak and has terrible way of doing CC?

now for his look:

he seem to have alot of armor, yet he doesnt have much at all

his a water frame, why doesnt he able to move a bit faster then 1.05? his basicly a bloody tsunami 

Edited by luanle21

hydroid powers imo view:

1. good knocked down CC, need longer duration, too weak for dmg, aoe/range not great

2. good cc, need more dmg, need longer duration, range slightly need to be increased

3. great for CC, emergency immune to proc/dmg mode, TERRIBLE DMG, need increase in range, even the energy consumption atm is very bad

4. weak as HELL FOR ANY AMOUNT TO DO DMG, messy CC, not enough tentacles, buggy (some enemy can walk right by and not be effected), has no status proc or special, did i forgot to mention it also weak and has terrible way of doing CC?

Hydroid is always a CC frame, but in a rather messy way, tempest barrage is visually messy, tidal surge is messy cause you don't know where the enemies will be after you cast, undertow is messy once you finish casting, and well, tentacruel is just a bit too much.

But...that's just my playstyle/lifestyle I guess, mess things up and have fun. :P

I like like hydroid he is awesome and all, but ever since the over the top not needed nerfing of explosives Hydroid has lost all purpose of use in this game... Quite literally... DE basiclly killed of a Warframe's MAIN PURPOSE by nerfing explosives. Hydroid was the best at infested defense, and going the long distance. Now that explosives have less ammo and all it kinda hurts using Hydroid... Plus Vauban is easier to use. Hydroid is like a down graded Vauban THAT NEEDS EXPLOSIVES TO FUNCTION PROPERLY!!!

Wait, since when did Hydroid become the downgraded Booben?

I agree that vortex is probably the best CC in the game but we have tentacles! Who wouldnt love tentacles!

And I actually pair my Hydroid with a shotgun so I can clear a crowd easier after casting undertow, but maybe its just me?

some ppl used hydroid in the wrong way that make him look bad or useless , press 3 and do nothing .... Wtf are you doing

all CC ability's isn't bad just hard to used to be powerful

since ppl want to spam 4 to win

btw i always love you Captain hydroid <3

Edited by Shafilp

Hydroid is always a CC frame, but in a rather messy way, tempest barrage is visually messy, tidal surge is messy cause you don't know where the enemies will be after you cast, undertow is messy once you finish casting, and well, tentacruel is just a bit too much.

But...that's just my playstyle/lifestyle I guess, mess things up and have fun. :P

i love hydroid, but his dmg scaling for any and all abilities just is bad bad bad.... which is really said

the reasons i dont really use him anymore is listed above

the undertow is not messy, its create a invis wall for enemy AI to never go pass XD

however the other 3 ability dmg and range not very good, and require a bit too much rng for CC then i wouldve liked, his ult doesnt have the feeling of one (not doing massive dmg, just the feelin ur doing something)

some ppl used hydroid in the wrong way that make him look bad or useless , press 3 and do nothing .... Wtf are you doing

all CC ability's isn't bad just hard to used to be powerful

since ppl want to spam 4 to win

But from my personal experience with Hydroid is that all 4 of his skills are quite situational, bad timing and you will look like a troll.

His ult definitely needs some rework on ragdolling enemies, it is really a bit too much...

I didn't expect every single frame to wreck enemies like marshmallows, but Hydroid is the most hilarious frame for me, he can't kill but he really can't die that easily either, and screaming "get ur @$$ on the floor" every single time I use a skill is just too much fun :D

That does sound quite fun, but what was fun for me was yelling "Mortal Kombat!" after I casted chaos on a group of enemies as Nyx.

I seriously haven't seen a lot of Hydroid players around in game, the last time I saw a Hydroid was probably the beginning of August, which is already a month ago.

Personally I run Hydroid as my main, and I can still remember one time when I was doing Xini with PuG and no one in the group could tell what frame I was using even though I was like half spamming tempest barrage...

I understand that Hydroid is one of the hardest warframes to get in the game (Vauban, Nekros, and Zephyr are hard too but...), I still see a lot more Vauban than Hydroid, even I saw Zephyr more often!

So...is it about the meta again, or did I miss something? 

Nah I just haven't taken mine out for a spin, gotta finish my maximized PvP build first ^^

i love hydroid, but his dmg scaling for any and all abilities just is bad bad bad.... which is really said

the reasons i dont really use him anymore is listed above

the undertow is not messy, its create a invis wall for enemy AI to never go pass XD

however the other 3 ability dmg and range not very good, and require a bit too much rng for CC then i wouldve liked, his ult doesnt have the feeling of one (not doing massive dmg, just the feelin ur doing something)

I don't mind too much about the low dmg, but the randomness is definitely a big problem.

Undertow is really messy, trust me, if you use in the middle of battleground for a minute or so, when your team mates all think the room is clear and...KABOOM! (too much trolling there :D)

Range is not a huge problem, the problem is when you increase the range by using mods, the number of water missiles/tentacles is still fixed, which made the skill very uneffective.

Wait, since when did Hydroid become the downgraded Booben?

I agree that vortex is probably the best CC in the game but we have tentacles! Who wouldnt love tentacles!

And I actually pair my Hydroid with a shotgun so I can clear a crowd easier after casting undertow, but maybe its just me?

the problem with tentacles is that you need explosives to kill the enemies being thrown around, or spray and pray you hit something...

the problem with tentacles is that you need explosives to kill the enemies being thrown around, or spray and pray you hit something...

hmmm, I spray & pray with my shotgun during tentacle....and so far it seems alright, or maybe its just me again?

I would consider my main hydorid.  I love him.

I really dont like his 4th ability, a little to random for me. 

But honestly, his others are good

Barrage is an aoe knockdown wall which prevents people from moving through it.

Wave can be used for very fast movement (along with invincibility while using), or as a line knockdown.  Works well as an "ohh sh*t I need to get outa here" button.  

I generally use puddle two ways.  First is just a dip in and out, resulting in nearby enemies having to scramble around on the floor.  Or you can use it defensively and it gives you a short reprieve to regenerate some shields or work out a strategy.   

BTW i run maxed fleeting and rank 5/6 narrow minded (+63% duration, -45% range).  Keeps his abilities on target and at a duration I like.  

Edited by (PS4)KalGerion_Beast

btw i always love you Captain hydroid <3

I actually didn't make my Hydroid to look like a pirate (which is odd i guess), instead I made him into a river lord that you will see in "Journey to the west" or other Asian stories. Maybe because that I'm Asian, I always want to add some Asian elements into my characters (but...ninja is Asian D:)

hmmm, I spray & pray with my shotgun during tentacle....and so far it seems alright, or maybe its just me again?

pretty sure its just you... Then again I don't like the shotguns in this game much. I usually stick to the Braton series due to general usage in all situations, or various odd melee weapons, and powerful side arms for sniping.