Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wait...how Many Hydroid Players Are There Really?

Hamco.io

Hydroid is dynamic CC while Vauban is static. They're quite different. That being said:

I love Hydroid and play him quite often, especially with the release of his new helm. Unfortunately, my quarrel with him is not with the frame, but how players use him. I personally believe that the majority of the playerbase uses him improperly, leading to a dislike and under-use among the community.

My two cents:

1) Please NEVER use tentacles in anything other than LATE Survival or LATE Defense. They have no place anywhere else. And by "late" i truly mean late.

2) Puddle is an "oh **** " key, not a spam. I personally use it only in cases of teammate revival, Pop a puddle under a teammate so others can revive him/her free of mobs, or at a major choke point to reduce mob count.

3) If you do find yourself in defense (maybe farming on Sechura *cough cough*), use barrage over tentacles. Your teammates will love the knockdown rather than those horrible flailing tentacles. And if you complain saying "its too short...blah blah blah"--you're modding wrong and probably went power instead of max efficiency/duration like you should :P

Again, this is my own opinion but I think learning a frame is important and using it so that it benefits your team rather than trolling them is an important skill in Warframe. 

Agree in most of your opinions, 

Tentacles really aren't eye-friendly enough, it just looks like having too much stuff going on in the map, using black energy colour did help a bit, but throwing mobs around is still a problem.

Personally, I think undertow should NEVER go beyond half a minute (I normally only use it for 10 sec or so, but it can be just me), dip-in-dip-out can be used as a quick knockdown, and waiting for shield regen shouldn't take too long as well.

I used max efficiency and reduced duration actually, cause currently tempest barrage can't be recasted in duplicates, so I decide to reduce the time and use it as a superquick knockdown as pack of mobs move along the map.

And I agree with you on comparing Vauban (static) with Hydroid (dynamic) like this, but I think the general public just simply like things to be more organized (like vauban's vortex), instead of letting mobs lying everywhere on the ground...

Hydroid is my unwanted "mascot" and so, I built him right up potato'd and everything. From the time I've spent tentacling scorpions and heavies, I learned that he's not a conventional CC guy, he's a hallway/doorframe/chokepoint CC guy. You know that hallway in Void with a turret on one side and lockers on the other? Places like that is his specialty. His CC is way too unreliable for open spaces but they do shine in enclosed spaces like that. Tentacles don't trash all over the place as much, puddle skill can fill the whole room, rain bombardment is guaranteed to hit whole groups. Unfortunately, specializing in hallways/chokepoints is just bad, so his design overall becomes bad.

I had a potato saved up for him but then I realized..He just isn't that good. He has CC but it's too messy. Undertowed enemies become untargettable and if it is a aura mob, the aura is still present. The Tentacle Swarm is rather weak and makes enemies a pain in the arse to kill unless your using a weapon with a large hit box. Tempest and Tidal are usable and spamable 

To OP;

Because most Hydroids troll puddle to extend gameplay 10-20 mins longer during defense missions AND go afk in puddle form. Everyone's sick of that hydroid trolling S#&$. So nobody uses him. His tentacles and puddle abilities need to be removed and replaced with something less fuky. Hell why the fuk does a single frame need 4 cc abilities? A single cc per frame is already enough, two can be understandable, three can make it more unique, four is basically an "i can't think of anything else so here's a lame ability thats kinda useful". There CAN be too much of one thing.

Edited by WrathKeeper

To OP;

Because most Hydroids troll puddle to extend gameplay 10-20 mins longer during defense missions AND go afk in puddle form. Everyone's sick of that hydroid trolling S#&$. So nobody uses him. His tentacles and puddle abilities need to be removed and replaced with something less fuky. Hell why the fuk does a single frame need 4 cc abilities? A single cc per frame is already enough, two can be understandable, three can make it more unique, four is basically an "i can't think of anything else so here's a lame ability thats kinda useful". There CAN be too much of one thing.

It's rare as hell to find hydroid players, let alone troll hydroids.  I don't get why people love S#&$-talking options in a video game so much.