Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bo Prime, Orthos Prime, Or Serro? Statistics Information. [All On-Topic Reviews Welcome]

(PSN)VoiD_Glitch

Question

I'm trying to figure which one is the best all around. The Orthos Prime is talked about being the best between these mostly but you are about to find out the truth. You may still use your weapon, but here are the statistics.

-

Base DPS: Bo Prime (No Elemental Procs) Serro (Elemental Procs)

-

Impact: Bo Prime

Puncture: Orthos Prime

Slash: Orthos Prime

Three Damage Types: Orthos Prime is more versatile.

-

Crits:

Crit Chance: Bo Prime

Crit Damage: Bo Prime (As Base Damage is apart of your Crit Damage)

-

Status Chance: Bo Prime and Serro

-

Jump, Slam and Slide Attacks: Serro wins all three.

-

Range:

Orthos Prime : 10m

Serro: Less than Orthos Prime

Bo Prime: Unknown but less than Orthos Prime

-

Best Elements:

Bo Prime: Blast

Serro: Electricity, Corrosive, Magnetic

Orthos Prime: Unsure

-

Tactical Feats:

Coptering: Bo Prime

Stun: Bo Prime

Knockdown: Orthos Prime

-

After looking at all these statistics, you tell me what is better and why. We will not go into stance mods because that changes all the variables of each weapon. If you want me to go into stance mods, tell me to make a different forum. This is for base stats only.

Edited by (PS4)VoiD_Glitch

22 answers to this question

All I can say is do the usual rank to 30, and if you like it keep it. I personally have quite a few different melee types, just for the variety. Every tool has it's use, just find the one that fits your play style.

Bo Prime definitely suits me but people keep trying to convince me that Orthos Prime is better. Which one would you pick out of the three? I only need a Bo Prime Handle btw and I have no Orthos Prime pieces currently.

Bo Prime for straight-up dmg, and Serro for element-oriented procs. Only reason I'm choosing Serro over Bo Prime in terms of procs is b/c you don't have any physical dmg ruining your chances to proc stuff like Electric, Blast, Gas, etc. Bo P is still fine for procs.

Not sure which is better, though.

Bo Prime for straight-up dmg, and Serro for element-oriented procs. Only reason I'm choosing Serro over Bo Prime in terms of procs is b/c you don't have any physical dmg ruining your chances to proc stuff like Electric, Blast, Gas, etc. Bo P is still fine for procs.

Not sure which is better, though.

Guess I failed the point of this thread. I needed answers, thanks for trying though ;)

Guess I failed the point of this thread. I needed answers, thanks for trying though ;)

It's just a little weird. Bo Prime can out-dps Serro, but it may be a different story for end-game Void since the Serro can potentially proc Corrosive even more. There's also the issue that Serro can out-dps Bo Prime w/ Electric and Gas procs. The calculation is too much for me! D:

[DE]Glen said,

Melee weapons are for coptering

Makes this an easy choice. Guns outperform melee significantly for killing purposes, especially when there are a horde of high level enemies which require you to play fast and smart to avoid being stomped. If you're willing to sacrifice mechanical advantage for the sake of looks, then why even go into stat comparion; use whatever you think looks coolest. :)

Makes this an easy choice. Guns outperform melee significantly for killing purposes, especially when there are a horde of high level enemies which require you to play fast and smart to avoid being stomped. If you're willing to sacrifice mechanical advantage for the sake of looks, then why even go into stat comparion; use whatever you think looks coolest. :)

I'm not going to lie, thanks for the quote but I mostly use, if not, all the time my melee weapon. I love gettif close up in the enemies faces and killing hordes of them in one sitting. It feels so refreshing to do that. I am a Frost Prime and that is my favorite Warframe, I have an offense/defense build into one sitting so my Frost Prime can take and deal bunches of damage. So I like Melee a lot.

The calculation is too much for me!

Bo Prime with this build, ignoring stances and elemental modifiers, pulls ~1394 raw damage/1.0swing (can't call DPS from the attack speed which is not a real value).

Serro with this build (not sure what else could go where Fever Strike is, maybe range?) pulls anywhere from a raw 1204 against a single target to ~2104 when hitting a target within proc range of 3 other enemies (group of 4).

SerrovsBoPrime.jpg

Credit to Quizel; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/261845-dps-spreadsheet-found-here-includes-procs-and-armor-scaling/#entry3043420

But that's then reduced by elemental modifiers. For Corpus and Infested, I'd go with the AoE Toxin/Elec procs; for Grineer and taking out Gunners in Void I'd want the higher raw damage of Bo Prime with Corrosive. For taking out Corpus inside the void tho, Serro would work well; both would be pretty bad against Lancers tbh.

Edited by Darzk

Bo Prime with this build, ignoring stances and elemental modifiers, pulls ~1394 raw damage/1.0swing (can't call DPS from the attack speed which is not a real value).

Serro with this build (not sure what else could go where Fever Strike is, maybe range?) pulls anywhere from a raw 1204 against a single target to ~2104 when hitting a target within proc range of 3 other enemies (group of 4).

SerrovsBoPrime.jpg

Credit to Quizel; https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/261845-dps-spreadsheet-found-here-includes-procs-and-armor-scaling/#entry3043420

But that's then reduced by elemental modifiers. For Corpus and Infested, I'd go with the AoE Toxin/Elec procs; for Grineer and taking out Gunners in Void I'd want the higher raw damage of Bo Prime with Corrosive. For taking out Corpus inside the void tho, Serro would work well; both would be pretty bad against Lancers tbh.

Why can't DPS be pulled with speed? It is just basic attacks multiplied by how fast they are executed.

Why can't DPS be pulled with speed? It is just basic attacks multiplied by how fast they are executed.

Specifically, the value shown for a melee weapons attack speed is it's speed relative to a constant specific to that weapon type. A 1.0 speed on a polearm is not the same number of attacks/second as a 1.0 speed on a stave, and a different speed from a 1.0 speed on a dual swords.

The only true comparison you can make is between weapons of the same class, or by emperically testing the number of attacks/second on each weapon type, with each stance :(.

So all you can 'mathematically' say is that Serro can pull 2104 damage per 1.0 speed for a polearm, against a group of 4, while Bo Prime pulls 1394 per 1.0 speed of a stave.

Edit: Could call it as 2125 damage per swing with 0.99 speed for a polearm and 720 damage per swing with 1.936 speed for a stave.

Edit2: And then there's stances. It's all good to compare them without, but really, you're going to be using them. And most stances have a significant change in attack speed from each other, and stances of other weapons. People get hung up over the 3x damage boost on CD, for example, but miss the nearly doubled attack speed of Swirling Tiger. Etc and so on.

well seems like this topic is about serro and bo prime, but what about orthos prime i can easily kill all S#&$ with my dear orthos prime dont leave this weapon aside xD

Orthos Prime is sorta a hybrid between Bo Prime and Serro - more range than Bo, but slower attacks and thus less DPS from not fully utilizing 'zerker.

Edited by Darzk

Don't just consider the theoretical numbers (as already mentioned).  Other things like your play style, stance mod, you control skills etc also matters.

Personally, I've tried all but in the end prefer Orthos Prime as well because the large range and speed suits my style better (I love spin attacking through a corridor full of mobs).  Visually, I also prefer the wide slashes that cuts former enemies into pieces (good material for Nekros in the party).

In addition, the quick attack of Orthos Prime also seems to handle better for me, as a fast all-rounder quick attack that I can just spam in times of emergency.

Bo Prime is better overall ,especially when you have Clashing Forest stance equipped.
Both of the combo attack hit pretty fast,and the range is not bad,and the best thing about Bo Prime is,you can copter with it.

Orthos Prime is more like a CC type weapon,it has more range than Bo Prime,but slower attack speed compare to it,good for killing small stuff,except bosses imo.

Specifically, the value shown for a melee weapons attack speed is it's speed relative to a constant specific to that weapon type. A 1.0 speed on a polearm is not the same number of attacks/second as a 1.0 speed on a stave, and a different speed from a 1.0 speed on a dual swords.

The only true comparison you can make is between weapons of the same class, or by emperically testing the number of attacks/second on each weapon type, with each stance :(.

So all you can 'mathematically' say is that Serro can pull 2104 damage per 1.0 speed for a polearm, against a group of 4, while Bo Prime pulls 1394 per 1.0 speed of a stave.

Edit: Could call it as 2125 damage per swing with 0.99 speed for a polearm and 720 damage per swing with 1.936 speed for a stave.

Edit2: And then there's stances. It's all good to compare them without, but really, you're going to be using them. And most stances have a significant change in attack speed from each other, and stances of other weapons. People get hung up over the 3x damage boost on CD, for example, but miss the nearly doubled attack speed of Swirling Tiger. Etc and so on.

Orthos Prime is sorta a hybrid between Bo Prime and Serro - more range than Bo, but slower attacks and thus less DPS from not fully utilizing 'zerker.

Thanks for this information. I took out Base DPS 5-20 and just added what you said in there.

Don't just consider the theoretical numbers (as already mentioned).  Other things like your play style, stance mod, you control skills etc also matters.

Personally, I've tried all but in the end prefer Orthos Prime as well because the large range and speed suits my style better (I love spin attacking through a corridor full of mobs).  Visually, I also prefer the wide slashes that cuts former enemies into pieces (good material for Nekros in the party).

In addition, the quick attack of Orthos Prime also seems to handle better for me, as a fast all-rounder quick attack that I can just spam in times of emergency.

I will think about that. Thanks!

Bo Prime is better overall ,especially when you have Clashing Forest stance equipped.

Both of the combo attack hit pretty fast,and the range is not bad,and the best thing about Bo Prime is,you can copter with it.

Orthos Prime is more like a CC type weapon,it has more range than Bo Prime,but slower attack speed compare to it,good for killing small stuff,except bosses imo.

Mostly Infested though xD