Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Things Are So Easy

RustyNaps

Why do I have a feeling you are talking (aside Ogris, Penta) mainly about molecular prime ?

No I'm talking about all ray splash weapons and abilities that have a form of AoE that go through walls. Like melee weapons that have special slams, Napalms, Nova's M Prime Chain Reaction (Note everything in the radius still gets primed it's just if someones behind a wall while someone else goes boom the person behind the wall will not chain), Vaubans vortex pulling in people that have very thick cover between it etc.

i never had problems on invasions on ceres

Then it's not ceres I guess. It's one of the planets that has a high Napalm spawn rate in the Grineer quarters room which is a pretty tight hallway. It gets pretty hairy when you don't have a LMG type weapon handy. Or an ult thats not the high damage kind.

I don't like this..if you scale it up for low level guys things are getting impossible... F*** 

please read twice. i know it's sloppy but trust me it'll be worth it. Low levels won't be effected drastically at all since they don't have access to any of the AoE's yet.

The most welcome challenge that I would want is make grinner and corpus a lot smarter, not a horde storming at you (only horde should be infested - quantity over quality here). Fewer but clever tactical squads (I've read this in other thread) of grinner and corpus.

The most welcome challenge that I would want is make grinner and corpus a lot smarter, not a horde storming at you (only horde should be infested - quantity over quality here). Fewer but clever tactical squads (I've read this in other thread) of grinner and corpus.

If they were to add in better AI and tactics the Grineer should meet halfway between strategic planning and swarming the player, since it is stated somewhere (don't remember where, and don't wanna go looking for it) that the Grineer's must well known plan of attack is just swarming the enemy with huge amounts of troops.

For me, the reason the game is easy (or very hard for others) is because there is too much artificial difficulty.

But I do agree having real blast physics would help significantly.

Yes, Those over use of swarm tactics, bad spawning, Aura's, knockdowns need a rework sometime in the near future.

It would. DE would make a huge step forward with very little effort. 

Agree. AoEs going through walls devalues positioning. There's no point for me to put myself in danger to stun / blind groups of enemies. I can just use it wherever and affect the whole room!

All the same, there's no point in me hiding behind cover anyways because a Napalm can just shoot the box I'm hiding behind and light me on fire anyways.

Agree. AoEs going through walls devalues positioning. There's no point for me to put myself in danger to stun / blind groups of enemies. I can just use it wherever and affect the whole room!

All the same, there's no point in me hiding behind cover anyways because a Napalm can just shoot the box I'm hiding behind and light me on fire anyways.

Exactly my point. If DE were to just add AoE collision this game would be a whole different story. 

If every AOE would be like Excalibur's Radial Javelin, it would definetly raise the challenge. No more snaring through walls/doors.

Yep! Though things like Rhino Stomp and Banshee's Soundquake will not be affected the same way rather the range of the AoE will instead be shortened because it has to climb the distance of the cover.

I don't know if the lack of collision detection is the major reason the game is so easy, but it definitely is a significant one that I wholeheartedly agree should be addressed. Although I do think explosives should retain a limited amount of punch-through (since hiding behind a thin railing in real life wouldn't save you in real life) but not so much that you and your enemies can destroy each other from the other side of a wall.

This would also be great balancing pass for certain enemies like Napalms, who already have pretty ridiculous AoE range on top of being able to bypass 5m of solid matter and set you on fire.

I don't know if the lack of collision detection is the major reason the game is so easy, but it definitely is a significant one that I wholeheartedly agree should be addressed. Although I do think explosives should retain a limited amount of punch-through (since hiding behind a thin railing in real life wouldn't save you in real life) but not so much that you and your enemies can destroy each other from the other side of a wall.

This would also be great balancing pass for certain enemies like Napalms, who already have pretty ridiculous AoE range on top of being able to bypass 5m of solid matter and set you on fire.

Well it's one of the 3 major reasons that's an easy fix. Well yeah I thought people would get that I am talking about walls and thick stuff. Railing won't have the same application.

Yep. Then maybe people won't whine as much when fighting the grineer when their cover actually provides cover.

I've said this before :x Glad someone agrees with me, though, and it explained it better than I could have.

The fact that you don't have to take Line of SIght into account for the game's most powerful abilities quickly stales gameplay. We should be focusing less on radial nukes/disables, and more on abilities that require careful thought and placement when they're activated. Having to work for our kills makes would players actually involved in what they're doing, and seeing the results of that effort is what could make gameplay more fun.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

I've said this before :x Glad someone agrees with me, though, and it explained it better than I could have.

The fact that you don't have to take Line of SIght into account for the game's most powerful abilities quickly stales gameplay. We should be focusing less on radial nukes/disables, and more on abilities that require careful thought and placement when they're activated.

Well at first the people who don't get things because they apply end game and high level play to everything showed up. SO I had to spam disclaimers that this post wasn't about it. Then the people who couldn't read showed up so I had to visualize it. I now see why DE can't please everyone.

Yes! My exact issue. Powerful equipment have no downsides like they should so you'd have to develop techniques around them. DE should be focusing on this issue and resolving it. This game would be so much better with it.