Would Drastic Changes To Rebalance The Game Be So Bad?

DPV111

If you want the game to be more balanced and challenging, make weapon damage immutable. Rate of fire, Multishot, etc would make weapons more powerful and Elements would change a portion of the weapon damage to its type rather than add that type of damage.

This would allow DE to restrict available weapons per planet, and that would allow them to balance the challenge of the game globally.

Also, mods should be unlocked for each frame and weapon individually via XP and the equipped mods should gain XP to rank up as well.

This would better mirror proficiency and allow for branching specialties with a given weapon.

Instead of arbitrary modification and RNG we would have an individual progression proficiency leveling system for each piece of equipment we use in game.

Edited by DPV111

if you want the perfect "balance" every weapon has 100 ammo 10.0 attack speed 5s reload 1000 damage 10% crit chance

its best if things are unbalanced.

and in higher level gameplay if you don't take the right elemental type / proc you are hitting yourself in the face

we already went through dramatic balance changes (see damage 1.0 to 2.0)

If there's anything we learned from TheGreatZamboni it's that threads like these cause massive s#*tstorms.

I wish you luck OP. Defend your point of view valiantly and don't give up.

My thoughts

The problem with the current "progression" system is the pure damage increase mods. Of course, there will be players who will go crazy if DE were to actually remove these, because they take a hell of a long time to upgrade.

But, I like how you suggest that mods should level up via XP. But what if the weapon no longer has space for the mod? Let's say, you filled up your last mod slot with an unranked multishot mod, and completely filled your weapon mod capacity. How will the game treat this?

And weapons getting mods as they level up? I like that. But also leave the RNG drops in the game as well.

All in all... Eh, I'm not sure if this would work. There are a lot of things to consider when balancing the game.

if you want the perfect "balance" every weapon has 100 ammo 10.0 attack speed 5s reload 1000 damage 10% crit chance

its best if things are unbalanced.

and in higher level gameplay if you don't take the right elemental type / proc you are hitting yourself in the face

we already went through dramatic balance changes (see damage 1.0 to 2.0)

I'll just leave this here...

Question: Were those dramatic balance changes enough to create balanced play? With all these problems the game currently faces I don't really think so.

If you want the game to be more balanced and challenging, make weapon damage immutable. Rate of fire, Multishot, etc would make weapons more powerful and Elements would change a portion of the weapon damage to its type rather than add that type of damage.

This would allow DE to restrict available weapons per planet, and that would allow them to balance the challenge of the game globally.

Also, mods should be unlocked for each frame and weapon individually via XP and the equipped mods should gain XP to rank up as well.

This would better mirror proficiency and allow for branching specialties with a given weapon.

Instead of arbitrary modification and RNG we would have an individual progression proficiency leveling system for each piece of equipment we use in game.

I recommend you read this post of mine, it is more comprehensive than having a one-sided view.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/301679-should-weapons-be-competitive-end-game-or-all-of-them-unqiue-and-different/