Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Buff Of Shade Sentinel Ghost Ability Or A Nerf Of Huras Kubrow Stalk Ability Is Needed

manub

The ghost ability was nerfed a few updates ago because it was deemed too powerful, now the huras has an even more powerful invisibility ability than old ghost while current ghost is now nearly useless (duration lowered, cooldown increased, activation low range & only if the sentinel is "seeing" the ennemy)

I would prefer a buff to ghost myself, but i think that whatever it is something should be done

Why would you be asking for a nerf on something?!!? DE might actually listen, don't ruin it for us Huras users!

do you know how to read english?

I would prefer a buff to ghost myself, but i think that whatever it is something should be done

Whatever I was reffering to the HUGE difference beetween the 2 abilities, one has been nerfed to the ground because it was deemed too powerful while the other is even more powerful than the pre-nerf old one. Sentinels should have something to make them as attractive in a different way than kubrows

Edited by manub

It's still bringing up the idea that the Huras should be nerfed. Maybe I didn't word it right.

And if the huras needs to be nerfed it should be nerfed. This is a beta game where we look for issues and try to get them fixed before its full release.

If your going to try and keep things quiet that are broken then please leave this game and dont come back until beta is over.

As to the OP, do you know how much weaker ghosts invisibility skill is compared to the huras's? Would make it easier to discuss if there were more information provided.

And if the huras needs to be nerfed it should be nerfed. This is a beta game where we look for issues and try to get them fixed before its full release.

If your going to try and keep things quiet that are broken then please leave this game and dont come back until beta is over.

As to the OP, do you know how much weaker ghosts invisibility skill is compared to the huras's? Would make it easier to discuss if there were more information provided.

I speak from experience using the 2

Plus you only have to check the wikia pages:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stalk

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost

To sum it: while ranges are not detailed: stalk is omnidirectionnal, lasts 2 minutes, costs 5 points, no info on cooldown

ghost works in an arc of vision, lasts less than 1 minute, costs 7 points & has a 10 sec cooldown beetween 2 cloaks

Oh come on, you really think that the Kubrow's stealth is broken? And I remember back in the days of when I played Borderlands, when we found out about bugs and 'broken' things we didn't rush over to Gearbox to say "Hey fix this!" .-.

No, i think the Huras ability HAS to be better, since before getting a huras you first have to:

-pray RNGesus for an egg

-spend 100K and an Argon on a power core

-pray RNGesus again for a Huras(did you get a Huras?YES?Then continue reading.NO?Start all over again. D:  )

-wait almost a week (between hatching and growing)

-occasionally spend 75K for stabilizers to be sure your doge doesn't die of DNA degradation

On the other hand to get a shade you have to:

-go to the market

-buy a blueprint for 100K
-craft it using 20K(30 maybe can't remember) and crappy materials

-wait for 24 hours

-THE END.

Seriously, think before clogging the forums with bad feedback.

Edited by Melkia

I speak from experience using the 2

Plus you only have to check the wikia pages:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stalk

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost

To sum it: while ranges are not detailed: stalk is omnidirectionnal, lasts 2 minutes, costs 5 points, no info on cooldown

ghost works in an arc of vision, lasts less than 1 minute, costs 7 points & has a 10 sec cooldown beetween 2 cloaks

Might have to wait till more information is found on stalk to really compare the two.

One thing the wikia says is that ghost will allow you to bump into enemies and they wont be alerted while stalk will alert the enemies if you bump into them. It could be that stalk has a longer cooldown as well but testing is needed to find that. 

However 2 minutes for invisibility off a kubrow seems like a long time, and last time i used huras i was able to cast some skills while under the invisibility. So if that hasnt been changed then perhaps a nerf to stalk is needed sometime down the road.

@Melkia you sir/ma'am are my hero. The balance between kubs and the sents is the difficulty of getting kubs and the price of maintenance (even if it is currently like 4k a day). 

<3

P.S. I'm a man, so that little heart is brotherly love :D

No, i think the Huras ability HAS to be better, since before getting a huras you first have to:

-pray RNGesus for an egg

-pray RNGesus again for a Huras(did you get a Huras?YES?Then continue reading.NO?Start all over again. D:  )

-occasionally spend 75K for stabilizers to be sure your doge doesn't die of DNA degradation

-go to the market

-wait for 24 hours

-THE END.

Keep in mind the kubrows already have far superior survivability, and higher dps. Sentinals die pretty easy and once they are gone they are gone, kubrows you can revive in combat. All of that seems like enough of a trade off for the maintenance of keeping a kubrow.

When it comes to special skills on any companion they need to all be balanced with one another.

@Sev7n proof of kubs having higher dps than sents? Cause last time I checked Sweeper outdamages Sunika and Sunika is supposed to be the combat kub. Also kubs need higher survivability cause they fight close quarters and draw their own aggro while sents draw very minimal aggro if any at all. Keep in mind also that if kubs died as easily as sents they would literally do no damage because of the Loyalty system.

IMO sents and kubs are balanced as is. Oh and as Melkia said, you can get Shade by simply buying it. For Huras you have to pray to RNGesus since the hatching is random.

Edited by RexRgisIocus

@Sev7n proof of kubs having higher dps than sents? Cause last time I checked Sweeper outdamages Sunika and Sunika is supposed to be the combat kub. Also kubs need higher survivability cause they fight close quarters and draw their own aggro while sents draw very minimal aggro if any at all. Keep in mind also that if kubs died as easily as sents they would literally do no damage because of the Loyalty system.

IMO sents and kubs are balanced as is. Oh and as Melkia said, you can get Shade by simply buying it. For Huras you have to pray to RNGesus since the hatching is random.

How about personal experience since there is no "proof" on the internet atm. Or better yet how about simple logic.

Sweeper has limited range. Requires you to be within sight of an enemy. Slow rate of fire. Requires reloading between clips.

Kubrows have much larger range. Dont require you to be within sight of an enemy. Do not require reloading. And can cc an enemy. (talking about the basic jump up on an enemy that all kubrows do).

I have a 3 forma'd sweeper, 1 forma'd death machine and each type of kubrow. My kubrows have done more sustained dps than both my sweeper and death machine. My kubrows also can survive infinitely while an aoe explosion will instantly destroy my sentinals.

Edit: They are obviously not balanced in terms of dps and utility. Being superior in the special skills such as stalk is not needed and even interferes with warframe powers making some frames more overpowered than they should be. 

Edited by Sev7n

Kubrow's ability isn't OP, it's Shade's that sucks. It doesn't detect enemies within a 5  meter range, it flickers and it's constantly turning itself off.  Also, "omg sentinels are better than kubrows, stop using kubrows you noobs"

"omg kubrows are good? ffs nerf kubrows or buff sentinels"

No. Learn to take care of a Kubrow and make advantage of it. If you can't bother, then you stick with the less powerfull but less costly alternative.

Sentinels being "better" than Kubrows has nothing to do with Ghost's unreliable performance, especially when Kubrows have far more utility than anything not named Carrier/Guardian. Also remember that Sentinels typically serve one purpose only based on their ability (besides attacking).

Maybe Ghost can cloak all allies within a short radius? It needs its stealth component fixed before anything.

And the game is not complete so its not a full release.

So if its not beta and its not a full release what is it?

A work in progress.

Steve has actually called the game a minimum viable product before if my memory serves me right.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

-pray RNGesus for an egg

-go to the market

-wait for 24 hours

-THE END.

Passing over the "bad feedback"... not everybody shares your/my opinions, but i m not telling theirs are bad for that

I acknowledge that kubrows are a little more difficult & expensive to maintain, never told that they didn t have to be a little superior to sentinels (even then, there s now enough kubrows imprints floating in market to get the exact one you want)

The amount by which it is superior is my issue: they are tougher, with more DPS & more powerful abilities: that is what irks me

With the things as they are now, there is nearly no incentive to use the sentinel compared to the kubrow except that they don t have an upkeep cost, even the sentinels ranged attacks don t really compare when you make the calculations

I m only telling that sentinels should have "something" which makes you want to use it. the difference beetween the 2 cloaking abilities is the most iconic

I m not especially asking for a nerf, my choice of words was bad if that s what you think, I m asking for some way to balance the use beetween the 2

Edited by manub

@ Sev7n you do know that sents have slightly more utility than kubs right? Since they have Guardian (something only Raksa can do) and Sanctuary (something no kub can do). There's also Coolant Leak but I don't find it makes that much of a diff to be mentioned.

Kubs don't have that much of a distance advantage for acquiring targets and if they go alone they usually die unless you are at lower levels since they only do slash damage which is pretty lame vs armor and shields. Sents stay around you and shoot multiple enemies depending on the enemies distance to you. Kubs only target one enemy and I haven't seen them change targets until they kill the first one.

And I had forgotten, if your kubs die aside from losing loyalty it wont be revived even if you use a revive during a mission. Sents do.

Edited by RexRgisIocus

Yeah, but I still don't see how any of that justifies Ghost being an unreliable ability.

-pray RNGesus for an egg

-go to the market

-wait for 24 hours

-THE END.

Sentinels have long been neglected. They shouldn't just be inferior Kubrow because of their cheap crafting costs and lack of maintenance. Instead, they should be able to fill roles that Kubrow cannot. Flexibility is one of them, as Rex mentioned above. I think they need an overall rework though.

Edited by Noble_Cactus