Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhinos, Rhinos Everwhere

aleco247

One cannot deny that Rhino is one of the easiest Warframes to play, and a very balanced one at that. His skill kit allows for extreme versatility, with skills for Mobility, tanking and anti-proc, team buff, and powerful crowd control and potential nuke.

Most use him solely on how easy he is to play, how easy he is to obtain (Venus, thats just the second or third planet you unlock), being extremely functional even with little modding. Although his Iron skin does not scale into endgame, a majority of the game's content can easily be tanked by Rhino.

In the past, his main downside is his terrible Sprint speed, but even that got mitigated with the introduction of Rhino (Codpiece) prime and Arcane Vanguard helmet. He is, literally speaking, a Warframe that has almost no downsides and viable in just about any mission.

Well, even with all that, I love Loki. Cos #lokimaster- *shot*

Pardon me.

Edited by X3Evanescence

If you've just noticed this...you need to get your eyes checked out.

Think about it. Rhino is obtained on Venus. New players have to go through Venus. Rhino trivializes the start chart. New players struggle through the star chart because they don't have the needed essential mods. New players get Rhino. 

Voila. Codpieces everywhere.

because its like cancer ... its spread and soon its everywhere and kills the game ... atleast the normal rhinos look better -.- (thats dont mean they look good) ... urine-colourd-foiled-stomping-ogre

and when you play solo you dont have to rush to dnt be left alone cause they are rofl-copptering

but i have to noticed, fighting against it is useless ^^ just let it happen and hide 'til its over :P

Here's the thing, Rhino is considered to be "the strongest frame in game" which is a big no. I can actually be more durable with my Loki than my Rhino Prime. I also dislike playing as Rhino because its too easy. No challange on low-level. Friggin GOD MODE!

Also last week i ended up in a game like this :

Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime, Marelok, Orthos Prime

Excalibur, Dread, Lex Prime, Kronen <------- Me!

P.S. People underestemate the power of Excalibur. Sometimes they don't let me play as Excalibur on T4, which is quite dumb since he has Radial Blind.

Edited by NyancraftG

Here's the thing, Rhino is considered to be "the strongest frame in game" which is a big no. I can actually be more durable with my Loki than my Rhino Prime. I also dislike playing as Rhino because its too easy. No challange on low-level. Friggin GOD MODE!

P.S. People underestemate the power of Excalibur. Sometimes they don't let me play as Excalibur on T4, which is quite dumb since he has Radial Blind.

Orthos Prime, huh? Dragon Nikana is another of the kind. Meh.

Edit: And yeah, Excalibur is underrated. :((

Edited by at35z

~snip~

Yes they do...  Easiest T4 Void I ever ran was with Excalibur.  T4 mobile defense suddenly when from constant panic one run to almost boring the next.

Rhino is easy to get, and easy to use, that's it.  When you start getting into higher levels, he becomes less and less useful though.  I always love playing as Cal or Trin, with three Rhinos and being the only person who doesn't go down the whole mission.

Ok I get it.

Community hates rhino prime, community hates boltor prime, community hates Dragon Nikana, community hates excalibur.

Communitys loves rhino prime, community loves boltor prime, community loves Dragon Nikana, community loves excalibur.

Now in the next week, people will be like "omg why nobody lets me join with my excalibur, I hate when people dont let me play what I want, every frame is viable double ju ti ef, but I dislike rhinos in my parties because they are noobs and I'm not hypocrite".

"DUDE BOLTOR PRIME SI SO OP DUDE","DUDE BOLTOR PRIME IS OVERUSED DUDE ITS BAD BECAUSE MY ALLIANCE CHAT SAID IT".

Edited by Deccode

Speaking as a relatively fresh player, I'll go with what a lot have said here already..

I started out as Mag.  Poor understanding and a limited collection of mod's left me feeling very weak and squishy compared to the people around me. I didn't have enough understanding of the game to realise that for the first few ranks I was going to be weak and squishy in any frame, and that I'd need to learn how to effectively build a frame with potatoes, polarities, and elements.

Using the logic bourne from experience of 20+ years of gaming, I figured it was "newb" effect and that I just needed to upgrade my gear and everything would be gravy.  It didn't occur to me that I could be just using a potentially end game frame from the get go, but needed to improve the mods in it.

Then I got the parts to build my 2nd ever warframe, a rhino.  i was overjoyed to get out of my squishy mag into anything else.  Then, when a combination of Iron Skin and the reflection and vitality mods I'd levelled up to make my mag less squishy made it nigh on impossible for my rhino to drop, I got to enjoy confirmation bias.... obviously the mag was a weak squishy newb frame, because here was the new, non newb frame and I was indestrucable in it.

I'm waiting for my next frame to come out of the oven now.  I'm sure that, at the start, it'll appear weak and squishy, compared to the Rhino.  For many I'm sure that in itself would put them off and send them back to their Codpeice enhanced friend, and it'll take them a long time to realise that they haven't fully understood the way the game works yet. 

I don't think the Rhino is particularly special, it just a lot less demanding on a player than any frame that comes before or after it, and it's available at a time which makes it prone to appearing like something more than it is....

Some times, its nice not to think, and to play an "ugg bash thump" style role that requires little thought or concentration.  Sometimes confirmation bias seems to "prove" that a heavy duty levelled up frame is stronger than a fresh one for any reason other than the fact that it is fully levelled and modded.  Sometimes it's a lack of understanding, sometimes its personal preference. 

From personal experience though,  I tend to end up playing with far more loki's than Rhino's..

Ye Rhino is basically a crutch for bad players.