Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Like Rhino. But I Don't Play Rhino.

Mkilbride

I thought you had a dilemma here, but in fact. You'r emotions from others, stop you from forfilling you'r dreams. Of wanting to play, a quite fun warframe. Do what you want, but with knowing the usual outcome you can difuse the situation quite easy. 

Me for example, I went Vanilla ( Vintage ) Rhino, no emblems, no overdone "look at me" colours. Just a simple plain modified Rhino with nothing more then what he comes with out of the owen.

Players look at the lone rhino with a hammer in his hand thinking "he looks aight" in the manner of knowing you wont be stomping the entire spawn of enemies. They want some fun aswell. So limit yourself on that aspect of being a teamplayer. And you will soon be perished by you'r true tenno manners. Use roar in the first few set of gameplay waves or times, the team will like you for that and they will do a lot of things they might find enjoyable to continue without leaving because of the rhino. When you hit heavier times of the gameplay, it's you'r time to shine. You will ofcourse do a stomping of the masses of enemies from time to time, but dont rush to a teammates location and kill them all. Those kind of things make players sad. They were doing fine with their location, untill you came in and stomped it all. If a teammate is down or about to die (toggle squad icons by pressing Z as defaut) When they are about to, or are down. You come in and save the day, thats when they look up to you.

Playstyle has a lot to offer on the manner of another disliking the frames, only you can make that change. 

TL;DR

Essentially, you define the style of play, you define if the other will like/dislike you as rhino. Play as a teamsupport, with buffs and stasis. Be their saviour upon the fallen. Pretend you are teaching you'r kid how to ride the bike. Be that kind of player, I've done it in the past and I do it today. People like that. My time of being the best is not over, but my time of making others their better self has come. Continue my legacy and the community of players should be fine in the future. Embrace the power of the warframes, and the fallen will come to you. Greeting you upon you'r grace. They were the fallen, you are their saviour and senpai. Master of blade and gun. You'r learning has come to an end, its time. To teach. 

Give this man a cookie!!

I mean, seriously, it all come down to your own playstyle, I use both Rhino Prime and Hydroid, both Boltor Prime and Glaxion, both Marelok and Pyrana, both Dragon Nikana and Scindo. Does that actually stop you from becoming a better and more respected player by others? Hell no!

The only thing that can ruin your reputation is your own behaviour, not the reputation of a frame or a weapon, yes first impression may affect a bit but when it comes down to the later part of the game its all about yourself.

And to be honest, I don't really think your idea of transferring the hate onto other frames will work, and again, its about your own behaviour that shapes your reputation, do you think that will be helpful in terms of earning a better image of a rhino player? Think twice if you do think so.

Rhino is amazing when you play it right, and so do other frames, I personally love using another unappreciated frame too(Hydroid, there are just so many people who claim that Hydroid is just for trolling so yeah...), please don't be discouraged or upset when those people judge you before seeing your true ability, cause they are purely dumb.

Keep it up with your journey as a Rhino lover, and I would love to see people like you to stand up against warframe discrimination. :D

People do not dislike Rhino, people praise Rhino. As he is King, the true Emperor, the ruler of Warframe universe.

When people say "please don't stomp", they merely ask his Highness to allow themselves to serve Him and strike the enemy in His stead, as the true loyal warriors should do. But when his Majesty strikes with such power, obliterating everything into the oblivion with a singe downwards, earth shaking step, they, as his royal servants feel ashamed to be of no use.

So please, understand their feelings, allow them to have that hope of still being worthy to serve his Excellence.

People do not dislike Rhino, people praise Rhino. As he is King, the true Emperor, the ruler of Warframe universe.

When people say "please don't stomp", they merely ask his Highness to allow themselves to serve Him and strike the enemy in His stead, as the true loyal warriors should do. But when his Majesty strikes with such power, obliterating everything into the oblivion with a singe downwards, earth shaking step, they, as his royal servants feel ashamed to be of no use.

So please, understand their feelings, allow them to have that hope of still being worthy to serve his Excellence.

One way to put it, well written Sir.Taro. 

The only frame I don't want to see in a mission is Vauban, and that's just because I think he's ugly.

Generally, I think people should play what they enjoy. Not what people think is best, not what they think is most effective, not what will perform best, but what ever they'll have most fun doing.

Which, yeah - if your idea of fun is grinding your way through 70 minutes of survival, go for it. Just please don't criticise other people for not enjoying it.

The same goes for frames, I judge people by how they play, not what they play.

Loki = good.

Switch Teleporting people to their deaths = bad.

Mirage = good

3 people playing Mirage, using Phages and Hall of Mirrors, going into matchmaking to crash random peoples game = Bad.

^^see?! This is an exemplary post worthy of respect and revere. Need more with healthy sense of humor like this. LOL

As compared to Chaos, Radial Disarm, Radial Blind, which works even when team-mates are not downed =P

NO to Chaos. It's useful, but if your buddy gets downed in the middle of heavy fire, even under the effect of Chaos the enemies will want a piece of your derrière if you get too close. Can't talk about the second and third ones though, just got my Loki P. and never played Excalbro so far :'<

In topic: I see more hate against Zephyr and her Tornadoes, really xD

Edited by LoyalFangs

You shouldn't worry about what others say. How about you prove them wrong while playing rhino? If you think the situation needs it, stomp away. Use Boltor Prime. It's not Rhino that people hate, it's the kind of people who usually play Rhino that are hated; the mindless ones that rush ahead without thought towards the well being of the defense objective or if the audience they're trying to impress is lost because they're all beginners. Know if you're a Rhino with a boltor prime or soma, I will expect you to rush without any concern for your teammates like the other common Rhinos I've observed. If you don't do that, then I won't mind.