Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combo String System(Using The Reload Button) - A Better Combo System Even With Or Without Charge Attacks

JacobLittle

Not Sure If I'm The Only One Who Feels This Way Regarding Melee Combos... (Good read on peoples disdain for current system)

​(Well, the timed combos does not have to be removed)

Propose a system to make doing combos simplier.

Currently, the reload button is useless with melee equipped and it's such a waste. Why not use it?

How about using it to switch between combos so you can string together a lengthy combo. You can select which combos to string and how many combos you want to string together.

Even hold down reload to switch to your favorite combo or perhaps bring up a combo selection list.

Alternative option would be to allow one to equip 3 blades and switch between them on the fly(especially during combos) using "Space Magic" or nanotechnology.

Which this Fury can be restored to it's 60% speed boost like everyone wants.

It is also possible to hold down block and perform a combo as well as hold down reload to perform one or switch to one.

And you can link each combo to each of these. Think of it as sort of an hotkey thang.

PC users can use a million keys to switch with ease if they wish..

Another option would be to use X Y B to switch with each button having it's own combo(or weapon). Double tap X to switch. Tap Y and B to switch to their combos respectively. Hold down Y to switch weapon.

Truly a Sword Alone Warframe.

And each combo can have it's own charge attack

An extra option(especially for current system) would be to hold down attack to do a different combo or charge...

rep_up.png

Edited by JacobLittle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Currently, the reload button is useless with melee equipped and it's such a waste. Why not use it?

How about using it to switch between combos so you can string together a lengthy combo. You can select which combos to string and how many combos you want to string together.

Even hold down reload to switch to your favorite combo or perhaps bring up a combo selection list.

Alternative option would be to allow one to equip 3 blades and switch between them on the fly(especially during combos) using "Space Magic" or nanotechnology.

Could you clarify a little on your first suggestion I'm not sure I understand fully? would the combo you switch to be predefined? And would the combo selection list be like a pop up mid battle or something? I feel like that would be a little weird?

Edited by (PS4)KaxMcc

Could you clarify a little on your first suggestion I'm not sure I understand fully? would the combo you switch to be predefined? And would the combo selection list be like a pop up mid battle or something? I feel like that would be a little weird?

think of it as DMC except you press each button to switch to a combo and you decide which combo each button defines or switches to. Name of the combo you switch to shall be somewhere in the UI.

That is what he may have meant...

How else can you string together combos if the pop up is in the way...

Edited by Jinryusai

think of it as DMC except you press each button to switch to a combo and you decide which combo each button defines or switches to. Name of the combo you switch to shall be somewhere in the UI.

That is what he may have meant...

How else can you string together combos if the pop up is in the way...

Thanks. That makes more sense. so sorta like the weapon switching in the newest DMC except only your combo set changes and not your weapon. pretty sweet idea.