Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help With Brakk Build

(PSN)Capnslapabich

Question

I'm having a difficult time deciding if I want to have my Brakk with the 33% crit chance, or if I just want to do what everyone else seems to be doing and do the +90% poison, electricity, and fire damage cards.  My main frame at the moment is Mirage, so I'm kind of leaning towards the Pistol Gambit side of the argument.  Anyone have any thoughts as why I should or shouldn't do this?

7 answers to this question

I usually build for maxxed magnetic damage and lower recoil. 33% crit chance isn't really worth the mod slots used imo, I just build for as much damage as possible. I chose magnetic because I have corrosive on my Amprex and it's rubbish on Corpus bosses. I'm too lazy to have multiple loadouts, I just use the same one for everything.

If you have event mods, use those instead. Brakk can get a nice status chance with those mods, which is a lot more important than raw damage.

Also, people usually select the fire rate mod on every build they make with that app simply to say "Look at these high DPS numbers". So you should really question if fire rate is practical. I usually don't use fire rate mods on non-chargeable weapons, instead, I prefer another elemental mod. (For brakk I rather use the reload mod).

You usually don't need high DPS numbers since everything dies in 3 shots max. And the place where you do need high DPS numbers, such as endless defence / survival, you'll be better off not using the fire rate mod on non-chargeable weapons, because that's where ammo efficiency is really important.

For brakk, I'd suggest:

- Hornet Strike

- Barrel Diff.

- Lethal Torrent

- Reload mod (or a faction / elemental mod)

- 4 Elementals (depending on faction you're fighting) / 3 elementals + Magnum Force

If you have event mods, use those instead. Brakk can get a nice status chance with those mods, which is a lot more important than raw damage.

Also, people usually select the fire rate mod on every build they make with that app simply to say "Look at these high DPS numbers". So you should really question if fire rate is practical. I usually don't use fire rate mods on non-chargeable weapons, instead, I prefer another elemental mod. (For brakk I rather use the reload mod).

This is odd, considering swapping Gunslinger for Quickdraw in the linked build increases the DPS by 3K...

I often hear people suggest Seeker for Crowds, any thoughts on that?

I often hear people suggest Seeker for Crowds, any thoughts on that?

Seeker pretty much is the only way to go if you want to hit multiple targets. Not counting the Brakks terribad accuracy.

I use it on all my Detron biulds and it does reasonably well. By which i mean i can magdump into a crowd and it wont be there anymore.

Though the Det doesnt have damage drop off where the Brakk does. That might factor in to something.

Edited by Dualstar

This is odd, considering swapping Gunslinger for Quickdraw in the linked build increases the DPS by 3K...

Exactly. Most weapons are better off with a higher sustained DPS, rather than burst DPS.

One of the weapons that may be better of with burst DPS is Supra, because I usually don't recharge in the middle of a battle, since it has enough ammo to clear a room.

Seeker won't hurt. Personally, I use Brakk against heavy (eximus) units only and not so much against crowds. So don't have Seeker on.

But it's great on Brakk. Pretty satisfying to one-shot an entire crowd.