Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk Weapons And Ips Mods Shall We?

Zero.No.Hikari

Whenever I see peeps talking about buffing or balancing shotguns they always say remove the Drop-Off, which to me sounds nice but it isn't something one should take off from shotguns.   Trope wise this is to shotguns what Fast is to Sonic.  They just fit.    Not saying it's a dumb trope but it's a long lasting trope.  

What I would say is increase the drop-off to say 30M(60Ft) and have it slowly decrease over the distance.

Snipers would have a increased damage at longer ranges meaning, that big Dam level in some corpus planets or the void def/surv maps would have us using these guns to take out the bigger threats from a distance while focusing on the smaller threats up close.   

Energy weapons I feel the longer the plasma shots are in the air the faster they should move.  Unless some one else has a different idea for them (not a physics man more of a writing man)

I also feel Bolt's from the Bolt-x series should have a arc due to being heavy bolts maybe.

Bows would still work the same given not many use them for far away combat.

Now onto IPS mods.

Anyone remember when Accel Blast would scale off TOTAL damage not just Puncture?   Why didn't they just tweak all the other IPS mods to do the same?   It would give Slashing to some guns that need it and make IPS mods just as good as elemental mods.   Plus it would allow for a slight variation on builds even if it's just a smidgen.   Plus I did enjoy having Puncture on Phage thanks to Accel Blast.   Would help certian gns that are lacking in a IPS department while being a nice bonus to certian other guns (and yes I am aware this would make Boltor Prime and Dread better)

Thoughts?   Comments?   Think I am insane and should not speak my mind?(Don't answer that one I don't want you getting into trouble)

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

Realism has its place, that being outside the airlock, please no damage dropoff. The only reason it was added was to prevent people sniping with shotguns, which was viable with only a few shotguns in the first place.

Regarding IPS mods, agree totally, they are worthless and need some sort of buff.

Edited by Playford

I like your suggestion for shotguns. They should not me worthless outside of spitting distance, not that I can spit 30m...

Most rifles don't even begin to lose steam(lethality) until 500+m, so I'm going to have to say, "No." to that one.

Plasma dissipates the further it travels from the emitter. This is especially true when an atmosphere is involved. Therefore, Lanka and weapons that are similar to it should stay the way they are.

Boltor family having an arc on projectiles... I'll take it into consideration. I use Bows all the time and this would give me a "Bow-Rifle" and provide some needed balance.

Now about the IPS suggestion...

If it is calculated in the same fashion as the elemental mods, after Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Serration, Charged Chamber, etc. There is a problem with them, elements still add more damage. If the IPS mods for rifles added 60%-90%, they would be worth attempting to use. Even if things change, I'll stick to my Viral or Magnetic damage.

Yes, I know, I flipped this way and flopped the other, but you asked for an honest opinion. Here's mine... +1 for the IPS and Boltor suggestions.

I'd forgotten that ips mods use to do that and i'd love to see that brought back

the bolter is basically a crossbow with out the bow part  so I see no reason it shouldn't have the same arc as a charged bow shot

and yes as DCypherThis13 plasma does not do well in a atmosphere, the stuff is inherently not stable at room temperature and will shed energy as fast as possible to reach a stable state (probably a gas).

i don't really know how energy projectiles work

i always thought they would suffer from drop-off more than solid bullets b/c they are propelled by the exploding energy inside or something

i dun really kno how the "plasma contained in magnetic field pocket" deal works

Edited by Guest

Plasma dissipates the further it travels from the emitter. This is especially true when an atmosphere is involved. Therefore, Lanka and weapons that are similar to it should stay the way they are.

So basically if we want to go for realism plasma weapons should get the damage drop off and shotguns should just have spread to keep them from being effective at long range.