Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Railtaxes

aoguro

i looked a bit around the warframe-universe and i must say that i simply dont visit or play any rail above 15 % of taxes

everything which is above 15 % is simply greedy and more then neurotic

this clans and their rails should and will be blown off the warframe universe

just sayin ... oh yeah, after sharing this i feel now really good ...

Edited by 7ENN0

I laughed at the guys who run Sechura giving people a 0% node somewhere else on Ceres, one of the worst spawn rates of Defense ever.

No one will run that node AT ALL because it takes 3 times as long as any other defense mission because of the terrible spawn rates.

0%? Oh boy I guess this 20k is worth the 30 minute investment.

i would have clan, dojo and now im creating the second rail

it needs really time to find the right people to hold a rail, and those bastiges know that :-)

and i know that too, so i will spend more time into a strong clan before i do vengeance on this useless robbers XD

We're not robbers and if you're farming credits via the Dark Sectors, you're farming wrong mate.

Voids are where it is at. 5 waves = 5 minutes or a little more.

1 Void Capture = 1.5 minutes or less.

+ Prime Parts to sell for Plat, Forma, etc. etc.

Only use Dark Sectors for Resources, by which time you won't care about the credits. 

We're not robbers and if you're farming credits via the Dark Sectors, you're farming wrong mate.

Voids are where it is at. 5 waves = 5 minutes or a little more.

1 Void Capture = 1.5 minutes or less.

+ Prime Parts to sell for Plat, Forma, etc. etc.

Only use Dark Sectors for Resources, by which time you won't care about the credits. 

What about the resource taxes on planets that drop important resources like cells and morphics?

Edited by Aelthar

What about the resource taxes on planets that drop important resources like cells and morphics?

Those aren't set by ICE I think, mostly by Lords of the East.

I'm in ICE, so far I've only seen credit taxes on ours. High as they are.

I've also been farming my stuff on non-ICE held Dark Sectors because I need the specific resources there.

But c'mon it's like 10%...you won't get 9/10ths of an orokin cell dude, you'd get the whole thing x'D

Edited by Semshol

I love how so many players accuse clans and alliances of being "greedy" for taxing their rails but never think to turn that criticism on themselves for expecting to play the rails for free. There's such a ridiculous double standard regarding dark sector taxes and until a large majority of players grow up and realise that they're not entitled to free rails, I'll never support any movement to oppose a clan/alliance for being "greedy" when the the largest portion of you on the other side are just as bad.

I love how so many players accuse clans and alliances of being "greedy" for taxing their rails but never think to turn that criticism on themselves for expecting to play the rails for free. There's such a ridiculous double standard regarding dark sector taxes and until a large majority of players grow up and realise that they're not entitled to free rails, I'll never support any movement to oppose a clan/alliance for being "greedy" when the the largest portion of you on the other side are just as bad.

I wouldn´t mind taxes if there was an actual competition. Right now some of the alliances work together to abuse the system - preventing each others rails from being attacked by a serious competitor.

Yes, we can choose to play regular missions and void, but when dark sectors are finally more fleshed out, we´ll have to deal with alliances that control the new content and have waaay more resources than anyone else. I really hope I´m wrong here.

Aside from the fact that void gives more credits, I go for another approach :

Do I make more money running a DS than a regular mission?

If I do, still worth it, don't mind of people take a reasonable cut.

If I don't, or if I can find a better DS, or if tax is way out of line (like those 75-90%), then I go somewhere else.

Case closed, no sleep lost :)

The day I want to promote low taxes is the day I'll join an Alliance and fight for it. Until then, I take what comes.

Not for free, just something that isn't flat out ridiculous. 10% is fine by me, 15% too.. 75% is not. You see?

Calling that BS right now.

We all know that the rails are being 'given' not won, by one clan to another through shady, cowardly, and greedy alliance scheming.

The word you're looking for is Cartel

And it's also completely fair since these players took the time and effort to set it all up and communicate to defend their mutual interests. They control it, they set the taxes. Personally I'd rather just run voids for credits.

We all know that the rails are being 'given' not won, by one clan to another through shady, cowardly, and greedy alliance scheming.

Prove it. Or ill stuff all your frame helmets with tin foil, and line the ceiling of your Lisette with coathangers.

Those aren't set by ICE I think, mostly by Lords of the East.

I'm in ICE, so far I've only seen credit taxes on ours. High as they are.

I've also been farming my stuff on non-ICE held Dark Sectors because I need the specific resources there.

But c'mon it's like 10%...you won't get 9/10ths of an orokin cell dude, you'd get the whole thing x'D

Wasn't it proven a few months back that if there was even a 1% resource tax and you only got 1 O. Cell in that mission, the tax would take that cell? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that's the last thing I remember about resource taxing and how it was implemented.

Edited by OCAdam

Yea, the work hard to get the rail, but 50%+ tax is purely for greed.

I will run a node if the tax is less than 25% on creds/resouces. For me thats a reasonable amount,not the 75% i see everywere on the solar sistem.

"Dark sectors is not for cred, is for the resources"- Thats not a excuse. if they were only for resoucers, why is the 10k creds bonus?. eventually novody will play ds unless is controlled by lords of east.

^ have to agree with this

its completely obvious that some rails are plainly given without a fight...and some are totally fought for....i constantly fight in rails so i have a good idea when alliances and clans actually try to take nodes...and when they purely just dont give a damn....or when they just completely run out of reserve...its really not hard to deduct this information

fyi to post above....lords still overtaxes ppl and takes advantage at different times during the day...but i completely agree with the idea that if it wasnt meant for credits then why the high credit incentive for completing the mission?

a lot of the times i see ppl trying to just build their alliances or clans.....they would put high taxes for anyone not within their clan or alliance....this would drive the weak willed leaders and players to joining their clans or alliances which make their group even bigger

its a terrible way to build an alliance or a clan....but it seems to be working....its not entirely about profit half the time (granted it gives them an extremely negative view by the community)

yes there are a few ppl here and there that dont give a damn about DS....but its hard to not care when the main/common advice ppl give newbies or players for resource farming, credit farming, or xp farming is "go to DS for this or for that"

in the end...its just a giant mind game and eventually those alliances that bring in weak minded, greedy players will ultimately get torn apart internally by those same type of players that they attract

i can confirm the post below....the tax rounds up and just takes the resource regardless....ive texted it plenty of times when there was a 1% resource tax.....extremely annoying that it just takes the entire o cell, gall, (and worst of all) neural   <- this is in regards to 1% or anything below 50% resource tax while gaining just 1 rare resource

Edited by sekushiiandee

Actually, the tax rounds up. So if you got a cell on a node with resource tax, it will take the cell.

It's not a problem for like nanospores or something that are easily divided into wholes, but rare resource farming is totally screwed over by the system.

The weird thing is that I don't understand why anyone has resource taxes at all. It's not like rails are expensive enough to warrant them, nor is it like Dojos are hard to build without them. If you can afford to maintain a rail, you almost certainly aren't hurting for resources.

Actually, the tax rounds up. So if you got a cell on a node with resource tax, it will take the cell.

It's not a problem for like nanospores or something that are easily divided into wholes, but rare resource farming is totally screwed over by the system.

The weird thing is that I don't understand why anyone has resource taxes at all. It's not like rails are expensive enough to warrant them, nor is it like Dojos are hard to build without them. If you can afford to maintain a rail, you almost certainly aren't hurting for resources.

Because they can, I'd wager.

I'd really prefer the system have upper limits on what you can tax, but that's just me.  It definitely doesn't look very competitive, so keeping the cartel from removing most of the value of running the missions would be nice.  As it is, Dark Sectors are a failed experiment to me.

Well then this thread confirms for me that I will never run a resource taxed node ever.

These clans can suck it if they think they will get my Orokin Cells with there "oh it's just 1% teehee"

Not anymore.

Credits are easy to get, but some resources are always needed and should never be taken away from the players for some stupid godawful clan.

Because they can, I'd wager.

I'd really prefer the system have upper limits on what you can tax, but that's just me.  It definitely doesn't look very competitive, so keeping the cartel from removing most of the value of running the missions would be nice.  As it is, Dark Sectors are a failed experiment to me.

They succeeded in making inter-clan politics and increasing clan competitiveness.

But they failed due to Human Nature.I'm certain that DE though it'd looked great on paper, but forgot the player base, and people will be overzealous.